ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What type of customers annoy you most

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
memo232
Posts: 43
Joined: 03 Jan 2009, 21:18
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by memo232 »

The ones with the "upstairs downstairs" mentality that insist on answering the (tradesmans entrance) back/side door, despite me knocking on the front door :mad
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by TeeferTiger »

Sherpas Rule wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:Shout after you to shut the gate when you are half way down the street. When it was open when you got there, so you left it open.
Why are people so uptight about their damn gates anyway? Why is it such a drama if it get's left open? I'll close one if I can manage but if I have a large bundle of mail then I don't even bother.
Because... if you live around places I deliver... the sheep/goats get into the garden and eat all the plants... :chuckle
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by wiganpostie »

Unemployed flat dwelling toerags who try to spit on you as you walk under their window.
Unemployed scroungers who try to finagle their mail out of you on the street using some utterly transparent ploy, such as "my missus is expecting a letter from the hospital".
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by POSTMAN »

Lately,when i've knocked a head usually pops out of the upstairs window,"Who is it" i've now taken to shouting back,"There's somebody at the door" they usually answer "ok i'm coming" :neutral: :left: :crazy:

EDIT:For the gruesome twosome the 'coming' part is that they are making their way down the stairs to answer the door,kapish. :cuppa
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by taurus88 »

Everything some customers do annoy me. The fact of the matter is that some people are just knobs, plain and simple. Their knobbishness will manifest itself in myriad ways over the course of the year and I will silently hate them that whole time. On the flip side, there are some very nice people out there who will make pleasant conversation irrespective of the topic. Last week, I had a 'gate man' approach me to request that I close the gate whenever I vacate his premises. The difference between him and others is that he approached me as an adult, was polite, outlined in reasonable terms his reasons for wishing that the gate be closed at all times, and consequently I was very happy to submit to his wishes, and for having had that conversation with him.

edit: 100 posts, deary me.
exup13
Posts: 12
Joined: 18 May 2009, 20:28
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by exup13 »

freespirit wrote:1 Block my van in when on collection so that i can't drive off so they can give me there mail.

2 Chase me down the road waving there letters in the air.

3 While waiting to empty box sitting in van they always ask have you collected post yet, wouldn't be sitting here if i had would i?

4 When emptying post box and about to leave someone will come up and say can you hang on while i get some stamps from the shop.

5 When delivering packets they take ages to get to door looking out upstairs window to see who is there, they then get to door and realise they don't have keys, they then take 5 mins looking for them and when they finally get to door while im dripping wet from the rain they always put wrong key in until they finally find right one, then i ask to sign for there recorded delivery they then say hold on while i get my glasses.
what about this:: i have a recorded for you to sign for, ' hold on a minute whilst i put my teeth in' WTF !!! :crazy:
"Jesse, take that doirty thang out ya mouth"
"I can't ma, he's a holdin' ma ears"
Postman Plodd
Posts: 596
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by Postman Plodd »

Today, redelivery of a recorded parcel. Bump into the customer a street or so away, asks if im delivering to her soon. I wasnt as it happens, barely started 1st bag, her parcel was due to be delivered in the 2nd bundle of the 4th bag. 'Ive been waiting in all morning and i have to go out can you leave it somewhere?' Sorry, its a recorded delivery, needs a signature. So like a mug i turn my walk upside down and go get the bag for her part of the round on completion of my first, knocks on the door and she's gone out leaving a note to leave the parcel somewhere. :arrrghhh
dados
Posts: 399
Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
Gender: Male
Location: leading the 5th column

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by dados »

taxi drivers outside our main PO when i'm on collections the unofficial rank is right outside it,& was before it became the PO. "you can't park here m8,its a taxi rank" Me : "i'm not parking here m8,i'm doing what you all do,stop in the middle of the road,fire on the indicators & go & do what i have to,now you know how we feel when you can't be arsed parking 5 yrds down the road & walking to the punters door"
been close to fistycuffs a few times,always around xmas,but i'm 6'1" & love a bit of a cavort so til now has been a bit of jostling

outside that same PO we have a double box,always filled to the throat "have i missed the collection ?" "Yes i'm off duty,i enjoy rummaging in letter boxes in my dinner hour "Pardon?"
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Sherpas Rule wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:Shout after you to shut the gate when you are half way down the street. When it was open when you got there, so you left it open.
Why are people so uptight about their damn gates anyway? Why is it such a drama if it get's left open? I'll close one if I can manage but if I have a large bundle of mail then I don't even bother.
Gates are probably my pet hate since being a postie. Now if I wanted a gate and I wanted it to shut, I would ensure the hinges were sprung loaded, so it it closed behind everyone that used it. The opening mechanism would be very simple...

So why do I have gates that are misaligned, needing me to physically lift the gate to uncatch the catch?
Ones that have rediculously tight bolt systems?
Ones that have a hoop that goes over the gate end (same house has a gravity-based door knocker/letterbox at ~5'5" high!)?
Ones that are always closed when I arrive, yet to re-close them would take ~30 seconds, due to a damn studpid arrangement of slots?
Ones that have those "please shut the gate behind you" signs when the gates are open when I get there and they are not spring-loaded?
Ones that have rediculously stiff catches?
etc. etc.

I swear that on my round, there are maybe two or three well-maintained, functioning gates... Out of ~200! I hate the damn things... :arrrghhh
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by POSTMAN »

What about gates that are locked with the catch,and then either string or bike clip thingies around it as well! :d'oh!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by TeeferTiger »

POSTMAN wrote:What about gates that are locked with the catch,and then either string or bike clip thingies around it as well! :d'oh!
Or the string etc is so tight around the post that you struggle to get the dam thing off and back on again. Even worse when it's wet.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by POSTMAN »

Aprilaydee wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:What about gates that are locked with the catch,and then either string or bike clip thingies around it as well! :d'oh!
Or the string etc is so tight around the post that you struggle to get the dam thing off and back on again. Even worse when it's wet.
What do you mean get back on again? :whistle
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by NewPostieUK »

Aprilaydee wrote:Because... if you live around places I deliver... the sheep/goats get into the garden and eat all the plants... :chuckle
Presumably though, they'd want the gate left open so the animals could get out. If you shut the gate with them in, they'd create havoc.

If it's open it stays open, if it's shut I shut it when I'm finished. I won't walk down the street, cross over and say 'pardon' when the gate was open to start with, and they want me to shut it.
i love mail sort
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Apr 2007, 21:40
Location: its either Hell or a bad dream

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by i love mail sort »

There this fat woman on my round i deliver to once a week she drives around my round checking on me on how long i how to go before i get to her house, I sometimes see her 4 times in the space of 30 minutes. I find it very annoying she has a baby and a work top but she must have the best job as she gets a 8 hour break (well it seems so) If i see her more than twice i will pick up bag 3 instead of bag 2 and do her later. bitch.
plainpat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 410
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
Gender: Male
Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea

Re: what do customers do that annoys you?

Post by plainpat »

POSTMAN wrote:What about gates that are locked with the catch,and then either string or bike clip thingies around it as well! :d'oh!
And the hinge has gone at the other end so it opens the wrong way.....for about 6 inches....and then you p*ss over the top of it :mad