ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank slammed for leaving customer's cheque in cupboard

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Bank slammed for leaving customer's cheque in cupboard

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.debtmanagementtoday.co.uk/ne ... n_cupboard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you pay a cheque in to your bank account and get a receipt, then you would think that your money is safe...right?
Not for NatWest business customer Stella Hulott, who found out that when you have a completed paying in stub, if the cheque subsequently goes missing once out of the Bank’s domain, you are on your own and it is up to you to get another cheque.

Following a string of errors by the NatWest Bank in Margate, Kent – who admitted leaving her cheque and paying in slip in a bank cupboard instead of sending it off to the Clearing House – once found in the cupboard, the cheque was then ‘specialled’ to another branch to help speed up the payment process.

When the cheque went missing, presumed lost in transit, Stella was told not only by the branch but by their Customer Relations team too that it was Royal Mail’s fault, ;liar it was nothing to do with NatWest, and she’d have to go and get another cheque from her client.
“It beggars belief,” says Stella. “I had a receipt which, to me, means that the cheque was now in the safe hands of – and the responsibility of – the NatWest Bank.

“However, I was told by two different people that if the cheque did not arrive, even though this was a chain of events started by their incompetence, I’d have to get another cheque from the client.”

Stella – who has been with the Bank for over 25 years and has several accounts with them, including her Business Account – adds: “I feel extremely let down and disgusted by NatWest, the way they feel they can absolve themselves of something because it was no longer ‘their liability’, even though it stemmed from their complete and utter incompetence.

“I run a very successful and busy company with my husband and have wasted hours and telephone calls over this one cheque. The client who sent the cheque was also getting irate as without the cheque being paid in, I could not supply him with a service, which he needed urgently.”

Luckily, the cheque finally turned up and the payment cleared okay.

Despite this, Stella is still angry with the bank, saying: “With everyone feeling the pinch financially, I am disgusted how an organisation as huge as NatWest can so shoddily treat their customers. I certainly don’t trust them to handle my finances at all.”
Recent figures from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) have shown that financial institutions received 84,212 complaints directed towards them in the first half of this year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Bank slammed for leaving customer's cheque in cupboard

Post by Straight4ward »

"Your cheque's in the cupboard."
Hmmm, does have a certain ring about it. Perhaps I'll try using it in future.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."