AdTheBad wrote:http://www.corporatewearuk.co.uk/index.html
Some idea of relative sizes taken from corporatewear web page ( RM uniform providers )
xxx
shirt
collar
S - 15" M - 15.5" L - 16.5" XL - 17.5" 2XL - 18"
Size Chest (to fit)
S - 34/36" M - 37/39" L - 40/42" XL - 43/45" 2XL - 46/48"
ladies
Size
S - 10 M - 12 L - 14 XL - 16 2XL - 18
xxx
Polyester trousers (single pleat) Single pleated
Waist (to fit)
30" 32" 34" 36" 38" 40" 42" 44"
Approx Length
Regular - 31" Long - 34"
Women's polyester trousers YKK front zip fly,
Size
8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24
xxx
etcetera etcetera ,,,,,,,,,,,,
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Uniform
-
dados
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
- Gender: Male
- Location: leading the 5th column
Re: New Uniform
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: New Uniform
Does anyone (women preferably!) know whether the new sizes of women's trousers are now in line with women's waist sizes?!
Or are they still clown trousers and should we be ordering blokes trousers again...
Or are they still clown trousers and should we be ordering blokes trousers again...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
oldrangersW12
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 15:16
- Gender: Male
Re: New Uniform
The trousers are pretty much true to size but i found the jackets, fleece/stormproof/cagoule come up large and had to order a size down from what i normally take.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: New Uniform
I've ordered the same size trousers as the blue ones........ie 2 sizes bigger than shop sizing, no idea who RM based there sizing on but they must've been a freak. If by some miracle they've changed the sizing to something resembling a human shape I'll send them back.Aprilaydee wrote:Does anyone (women preferably!) know whether the new sizes of women's trousers are now in line with women's waist sizes?!
Or are they still clown trousers and should we be ordering blokes trousers again...
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: New Uniform
Well, I'm still off sick anyway and I might never get to wear the new uniform if they decide to give me the heave ho! lolStormproof wrote:I've ordered the same size trousers as the blue ones........ie 2 sizes bigger than shop sizing, no idea who RM based there sizing on but they must've been a freak. If by some miracle they've changed the sizing to something resembling a human shape I'll send them back.Aprilaydee wrote:Does anyone (women preferably!) know whether the new sizes of women's trousers are now in line with women's waist sizes?!
Or are they still clown trousers and should we be ordering blokes trousers again...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: New Uniform
docket wrote:Postie at LS8 was sent home for wearing red polo shirt with new uniform.
Im afraid id be f,ckin stayin at home too,creates a ball ache for them covering your duty.....tossers.
-
harrycook
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 29 May 2010, 06:39
- Gender: Male
Re: New Uniform
Have any indoor workers recieved the cagoul ? We were told we are not entitled to it but we get the fleece. We work in a building with major heating problems so we get told to wear our outdoor jackets. Place is a joke
harry
harry
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: New Uniform
Received part of new uni today
1 pair of trousers, April I took a chance and ordered the size of jeans I normally wear, and the fit!!!! OMG first time in 4 yrs have RM supplied me with a pair of trousers that fit!!!! Well they fit at the waist, the rest is rather loose and baggy, but at least i can do them up and not have to tie them to my earlobes to keep them up. I am NOT wearing the same pair of trousers 5 days in a row, so they can either get another pair sent or I'll be back to wearing my jeans.
1 pair of shorts. As with the trousers, they fit at the waist. Big and baggy everywhere else. And knee length, ouch!!! I like to get a bit of a tan when i'm out delivering and flash my tattoo. So these will need some turn ups
1 storm proof leggins - massive, nuff said
1 storm proof jacket - massive,nuff said
1 caghoul - it fits, but is the mankiest colour of red I have ever seen in my life. I love red, I look good in red, but this is just horrible!
1 beanie hat - expected it to be a bit small, as i have lots of hair. So par for the course that it would have been too small
1 belt - Good size - crppy stupid buckles on it. The type that are impossible to work when you have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and no feeling in your hands. So I'll stick to my own old fashioned buckle belt, or give people a laugh when my drawers fall down
As it stands at the moment, I will have to go to work topless as no shirts have arrived for me yet
Won't be the first time I've done this anyhoo, after going out in my shirt and getting soaked, completed the delivery with just my jacket on, pretty sure the punters got a laugh when they seen me go into my car and get the wet shirt off and the jacket on 
1 pair of trousers, April I took a chance and ordered the size of jeans I normally wear, and the fit!!!! OMG first time in 4 yrs have RM supplied me with a pair of trousers that fit!!!! Well they fit at the waist, the rest is rather loose and baggy, but at least i can do them up and not have to tie them to my earlobes to keep them up. I am NOT wearing the same pair of trousers 5 days in a row, so they can either get another pair sent or I'll be back to wearing my jeans.
1 pair of shorts. As with the trousers, they fit at the waist. Big and baggy everywhere else. And knee length, ouch!!! I like to get a bit of a tan when i'm out delivering and flash my tattoo. So these will need some turn ups
1 storm proof leggins - massive, nuff said
1 storm proof jacket - massive,nuff said
1 caghoul - it fits, but is the mankiest colour of red I have ever seen in my life. I love red, I look good in red, but this is just horrible!
1 beanie hat - expected it to be a bit small, as i have lots of hair. So par for the course that it would have been too small
1 belt - Good size - crppy stupid buckles on it. The type that are impossible to work when you have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and no feeling in your hands. So I'll stick to my own old fashioned buckle belt, or give people a laugh when my drawers fall down
As it stands at the moment, I will have to go to work topless as no shirts have arrived for me yet
-
ashadd
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: New Uniform
Any pics of this wonderful new uniform....????

I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: New Uniform
ashadd wrote:Any pics of this wonderful new uniform....????![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: New Uniform
yeah just like that but u need to go topless 
-
brandydoguk
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 10:26
- Gender: Male
Re: New Uniform
Got ours recently. Trousers fit better than the old ones but the front pockets are not deep enough, I get the feeling I'll lose something without realising it when sat on the van. I have to put things like keys in the cargo pocket. Not much fun having them banging against my leg for 3 and 1/2 hours a day. The fleece feels too warm and heavy, I'll only wear it when it's really cold. It has really big pockets on the inside for some strange reason. They flap about if the fleece is worn open. The polo shirts are very similar to the old ones. The kagool is OK but for some reason a couple of the guys in our office got ones with welsh logos on them. Comments regarding using sheep for recreational purposes immediately started lol.
-
ashadd
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: New Uniform
Is the new waterproof jacket , well er..........waterproof....cause today i got feckin soaked

I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New Uniform
ashadd wrote:Is the new waterproof jacket , well er..........waterproof....cause today i got feckin soaked![]()
![]()
![]()
at least they are consistent - remember the storm sponge
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: New Uniform
Mate ordered size 32 waist shorts...look like feckin hotpants on him 