ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RAIN!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by fishtank »

Caniel wrote:Line your pouch with those yellow liners that come with new pouches they work a treat, and put specials in a damaged/redirection bag. Some sort of A4 kids school wallet is a great idea for keeping the bungle dry.

You might keep Zippy and George dry with an A4 kids school wallet but Bungle was a big fecker.


Image

I know i'm showing my age. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
hunnybunny73
Posts: 28
Joined: 13 Sep 2010, 11:51
Gender: Female

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by hunnybunny73 »

red666bear wrote:put a cellophaned magazine at the back of each bundle. simples.

yup, that works for a little while , the old style readers digest prize draws were good, they were so big and awkward you could cover your whole bag with one of them (slight exageration) :Very Happy
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by goldy »

BELIAL wrote:Now I don't want to cause any envy,but believe it or not ,we've only had 2 wet days since mid April :chuckle :chuckle Straight up :chuckle

actually we have had only one in that time but now ive said that expect Boscastle :d'oh!
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by TeeferTiger »

It's been torrential around here this afternoon. There were worries of flash flooding in a village a couple of miles away.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
AlbertoGranado
Posts: 57
Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 15:16
Gender: Male
Location: Under Neon Loneliness

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by AlbertoGranado »

baldrick wrote:
Brains wrote: Helps keep your hair dry :dance
Better if you haven't got any. :nana :nana
Personal waterproofing, jammy sod
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by POSTMAN »

Just curious,is it still raining in Swinton? :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
AlbertoGranado
Posts: 57
Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 15:16
Gender: Male
Location: Under Neon Loneliness

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by AlbertoGranado »

POSTMAN wrote:Just curious,is it still raining in Swinton? :nervous
I'm in Garrowhill and its not here just now.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by TeeferTiger »

POSTMAN wrote:Just curious,is it still raining in Swinton? :nervous
According to the 2 weather reports I've just checked... Yes.

Sunny Fri/Sat/Sun though! :nana
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
AlbertoGranado
Posts: 57
Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 15:16
Gender: Male
Location: Under Neon Loneliness

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by AlbertoGranado »

Aprilaydee wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Just curious,is it still raining in Swinton? :nervous
According to the 2 weather reports I've just checked... Yes.

Sunny Fri/Sat/Sun though
! :nana
I take it, its not swinton in the east end of glasgow you're talking about then??
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by POSTMAN »

Think i got beamed to Swinton today,it lashed down. :d'oh!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by TeeferTiger »

AlbertoGranado wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Just curious,is it still raining in Swinton? :nervous
According to the 2 weather reports I've just checked... Yes.

Sunny Fri/Sat/Sun though
! :nana
I take it, its not swinton in the east end of glasgow you're talking about then??
Sorry, I was talking about Manchester side of things...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?