POSTMAN wrote:I'm going to hold my hands up here,in my office apart from the very odd day our mail is seriously down.
We've none of that mass part time shite so i guess that affects us even less.
You may have nailed it POSTMAN.
We used to have 12 sorters 6 years ago when I went FT and we never failed ever. Now on my delivery I can that overall there does seem to be less mail the problem is even if RMs figures are correct and we have gone from 83M to 75M or approx a 10% decline. However we now only have 8 FT sorting on the good days (3 on one day). That is a 33% decline of staff on a 10% decline in traffic and that's why we are failing more than we did.
Also, not trying to stir things but with 3.5 hr outdoor duties and 10 hour days you have some scope to be able to cope with fluctuations whereas anything more than average and we struggle as no tolerance has been planned in to cope with high traffic levels.