ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What, exactly, does 'Into The Workload' mean?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: What, exactly, does 'Into The Workload' mean?

Post by Wessex »

Don't worry all D2D will soon be arriving put together .All you need to do is post and the d2d s will concertina out onto the customers doormat lol.Whatever happened to that idea ,I wonder :hmmmm
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What, exactly, does 'Into The Workload' mean?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Wessex wrote:Don't worry all D2D will soon be arriving put together .All you need to do is post and the d2d s will concertina out onto the customers doormat lol.Whatever happened to that idea ,I wonder :hmmmm
Well that is only going to happen when there are more than 6 items I believe which is not supposed to happen until January 2011. then it will be weight you have to worry about.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What, exactly, does 'Into The Workload' mean?

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Wessex wrote:Don't worry all D2D will soon be arriving put together .All you need to do is post and the d2d s will concertina out onto the customers doormat lol.Whatever happened to that idea ,I wonder :hmmmm
Well that is only going to happen when there are more than 6 items I believe which is not supposed to happen until January 2011. then it will be weight you have to worry about.
Well i know it's not yours dvb but that's a vague statement...when there are 6. :hmmmm
When who has 6?...When one area has 6?...When a percentage of the country has 6?....when the whole country has 6?
By the time it is financially viable and the machines are purchased or adapted and the chattering about who gets paid for what is finished some areas could have 10 or 12.

dingo may have a timescale although it's certainly not Jan 2011. :roll:
Door to Door will be automated within the next 18 months and then the average payment would have decreased competlely.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What, exactly, does 'Into The Workload' mean?

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Wessex wrote:Don't worry all D2D will soon be arriving put together .All you need to do is post and the d2d s will concertina out onto the customers doormat lol.Whatever happened to that idea ,I wonder :hmmmm
Well that is only going to happen when there are more than 6 items I believe which is not supposed to happen until January 2011. then it will be weight you have to worry about.
Well i know it's not yours dvb but that's a vague statement...when there are 6. :hmmmm
When who has 6?...When one area has 6?...When a percentage of the country has 6?....when the whole country has 6?
By the time it is financially viable and the machines are purchased or adapted and the chattering about who gets paid for what is finished some areas could have 10 or 12.

dingo may have a timescale although it's certainly not Jan 2011. :roll:
Door to Door will be automated within the next 18 months and then the average payment would have decreased competlely.




Well I think it has been pointed out on numerous occasions to the powers that chatter that there is a discrepancy on walks in an office let alone offices or area. I suspect that there will never be automation and that the cry will be that it will save full time jobs - well in theory now that 5 items are in we should be seeing some effect......................................
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: What, exactly, does 'Into The Workload' mean?

Post by NewPostieUK »

Wessex wrote:Don't worry all D2D will soon be arriving put together .All you need to do is post and the d2d s will concertina out onto the customers doormat lol.Whatever happened to that idea ,I wonder :hmmmm
Will I be allowed to unpack them to post some of them? There a quite a few tiny letterboxes, and I'll be carding quite a few Door to Doors otherwise. I already card Top Gear and Saga magazines. One has joined up to LoveFilm and the discs don't fit. I can't wait for them to be out and I have to leave a card.

How hard is it to fit a decent size poxy letterbox ffs??
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: What, exactly, does 'Into The Workload' mean?

Post by Pat Ostman »

Judgee wrote:
coxie wrote:Its in your work time, if you finish before your time you have no arguments but if you dont then you cut off and highlight the problem to your manager
Yup, you cut off and go to your manager who then pisses and moans wasting far more time than if you had been out there finishing your round. Who then comes up with a fictional sheet stating that even though there's sheetloads of mail the day has been deemed a light one by the upper management [possibly Stevie Wonder], it must be true because they said so. Therefore you are cutting off on thier fictionally light day intentionally to wind them up. They then attach your testicles to the back of a RM van and drive it round the car park at speed! :hmmmm
:Applause :Applause :Applause
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one