ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

top heavy with managers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by Stormproof »

dingo wrote:There will be an announcement this week regarding managers !! A lot will go some very high up ones as well !! Intresting week ahead and the New Chief Executive will make her mark !!
I won't hold my breath. I'll believe it when I see it :cuppa
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by gb93 »

fishtank wrote:
dingo wrote:There will be an announcement this week regarding managers !! A lot will go some very high up ones as well !! Intresting week ahead and the New Chief Executive will make her mark !!
Whoop de do...more money out of the business in golden handshakes and pension top-ups just so that she can bring in her own bunch of equally slimy slash and burn merchants that will sing to her tune....i positively can't wait. :roll:
Mmm Good Point, but then again maybe you are just been unusually pesimistic and cynical :Very Happy
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by fishtank »

gb93 wrote: Mmm Good Point, but then again maybe you are just been unusually pesimistic and cynical :Very Happy

Me pessimistic...never :chuckle
I'm just a realist gb...every new boss brings in their own back room staff these days.
They're loyal because they owe you a living,pre-trained to applaud and nod wisely and they already know how you like your coffee.
Geenie-ass as they say. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by Big Daz »

fishtank wrote:
dingo wrote:There will be an announcement this week regarding managers !! A lot will go some very high up ones as well !! Intresting week ahead and the New Chief Executive will make her mark !!
Whoop de do...more money out of the business in golden handshakes and pension top-ups just so that she can bring in her own bunch of equally slimy slash and burn merchants that will sing to her tune....i positively can't wait. :roll:

Mr fishtank I formally invite you to join me in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQoGSlrk ... r2-2r-1-HM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by Glenno »

dingo wrote:There will be an announcement this week regarding managers !! A lot will go some very high up ones as well !! Intresting week ahead and the New Chief Executive will make her mark !!
:pray :pray :pray :cool :cool :wave :wave
gofi
Posts: 30
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 20:57
Gender: Male

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by gofi »

Didn't Crozier say in a speech to the C.B.I (Or similar organisation) that one third of the managers in the RM were good, one third were adequate and one third useless or words to that effect. I'm sure it can't be too difficult to establish the "Dead Wood" in the company. Lets start with the HR department! or perhaps the waste of paper that is the Courier!.I'm sure that takes a pretty penny to run or perhaps the latest wheeze the "Alba News" celebrating all thats good in the RM Scotland does anyone know how this came about?.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by DirtyHarry »

gofi wrote:Didn't Crozier say in a speech to the C.B.I (Or similar organisation) that one third of the managers in the RM were good, one third were adequate and one third useless or words to that effect. I'm sure it can't be too difficult to establish the "Dead Wood" in the company. Lets start with the HR department! or perhaps the waste of paper that is the Courier!.I'm sure that takes a pretty penny to run or perhaps the latest wheeze the "Alba News" celebrating all thats good in the RM Scotland does anyone know how this came about?.
A moron making a speech to a bunch of w*****s.
Crozier is the perfect example of the sort of excessively greedy, completely dishonest, hopelessly incompetent bastard, that makes the working lives of millions of people, such a depressing waste of precious life.
Crozier, and those c***s in the CBI, nothing a good marksman armed with an M16 machine gun couldn't take care of. :evil/mad
G O Root
Posts: 135
Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by G O Root »

gofi wrote:Didn't Crozier say in a speech to the C.B.I (Or similar organisation) that one third of the managers in the RM were good, one third were adequate and one third useless or words to that effect. I'm sure it can't be too difficult to establish the "Dead Wood" in the company. Lets start with the HR department! or perhaps the waste of paper that is the Courier!.I'm sure that takes a pretty penny to run or perhaps the latest wheeze the "Alba News" celebrating all thats good in the RM Scotland does anyone know how this came about?.
I wonder which third Adam fell into? :cfo
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by dvbuk55 »

Dingo always seems to have an earth shattering news item that.................................never seems to materialise.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by Stormproof »

dvbuk55 wrote:Dingo always seems to have an earth shattering news item that.................................never seems to materialise.
There is still a day left for it to come true DVB, but as I said before I'll believe it when I see it :whistle
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by pinstripe »

bexhil palace wrote:Oh God Dingo stop teasing me.If true, this could be one WTL where i actually give a toss. :chuckle
You still get WTL? We haven't had one in months, though we've more than enough managers to do them. They way it's going they'll be done on a one to one basis.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by baldrick »

Stormproof wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Dingo always seems to have an earth shattering news item that.................................never seems to materialise.
There is still a day left for it to come true DVB, but as I said before I'll believe it when I see it :whistle
Could that be what the toady national briefing was about:
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 26&t=29726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If it was about regions merging wouldn't that mean less managers would be needed?
OK I know this is Royal Mail so they'll probably create more managers jobs.
docket
Posts: 31
Joined: 30 Dec 2008, 00:11
Gender: Male

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by docket »

At LS8 we had 75 posties and 1(good) manager,Now we have 50 posties and 2 managers plus DOM assist.Why can't we lapse managers.Let one do mon,tues,weds and the other can do thur,fri,sat?
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by Stormproof »

docket wrote:At LS8 we had 75 posties and 1(good) manager,Now we have 50 posties and 2 managers plus DOM assist.Why can't we lapse managers.Let one do mon,tues,weds and the other can do thur,fri,sat?
Good idea, make them all part time. No need for them all to be in the office whilst we are out on delivery. They only need to be working 4 hours a day with 1 full time to cover breakdowns(not nervous breakdowns) and whatnots etc
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: top heavy with managers

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well to add fuel to the flame I have heard that there may be a possibility in the not too distant future for manager buy downs.................though like you storm, I'll believe it when I see it.

Although there may be some truth in it, I mean with the CWU as yet another tier of management these days...............................