ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Looking for advice.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Looking for advice.

Post by BELIAL »

Hoggy wrote:Thanks for the replies, its 24 hours later and I'm still undecided. I really am at the proverbial crossroads :confused
I need to make a decision by tomorrow if I'm going back to my old place as I'll need to put my notice in on Monday.
To be honest, I have a friend at the delivery office who assures me it will be fine.
The one thing that concerns me is that if the hours do turn out to be 23.5 a week, I'll struggle with money.
If the hours get up to over 30 I think I will manage.
Surely it can't be worse than factory work, especially the hole I work in at the moment?
With friends like that :roll: My good deed for the day....Do not do it,honest injun.
And if you ignore that advice come back later and say thanks for trying to help :wink:
Bye
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Looking for advice.

Post by Darren Bent »

Three question need answering

how good is your previous employers ?

Do you enjoy the factory work ?

How the pay compare overall for Full time factory work to part time work at Royal Mail (Bearing in the mind Royal Mail probably pay better for hourly rate)
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Looking for advice.

Post by daveyeff »

zoo wrote:Plus is your other job Monday to Friday cause as a postman your only gonna get about 1 Saturday every few months off your gonna be working almost every Saturday in the entire year.
unless he gets the new option (which, i,ll be taking) thats being introduced with our revision,......work 6 days a week for 3 weeks, get the fourth week off, its a 5.45 start for f/t not sure what the p/t start times are. but it cant be bad...a week off every month. plus your annual leave on top of that as well...yippeee
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Looking for advice.

Post by Stormproof »

daveyeff wrote:
zoo wrote:Plus is your other job Monday to Friday cause as a postman your only gonna get about 1 Saturday every few months off your gonna be working almost every Saturday in the entire year.
unless he gets the new option (which, i,ll be taking) thats being introduced with our revision,......work 6 days a week for 3 weeks, get the fourth week off, its a 5.45 start for f/t not sure what the p/t start times are. but it cant be bad...a week off every month. plus your annual leave on top of that as well...yippeee
Not heard of that option. Surely if you are doing 6 days over 3 weeks you must be doing more than 8 hour days. If you don't I think you will find its 5 on 1 off.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Looking for advice.

Post by daveyeff »

its 8hrs 50 a day, even sat. the whole office (gateshead) has voted for it. who woud,nt.