ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

10 yrs service gift

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by TeeferTiger »

pinstripe wrote:A paperweight, with your certificate inside and a pen. It looks ok, but what do I need a paperweight for?
Putting in a sock and bludgeoning people with?!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by TeeferTiger »

pinstripe wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
horris wrote:
I've still got my Consignia badge, I wonder if that'll be worth anything ? :-)
Well, I'll start the bidding and we'll see where it takes us. 1p, I bid 1p. :Very Happy
Give me 10p and I'll take if off your hands.
Well, in my case that could be a problem, I had it made into a personal piercing :oops:
Thank you very much DVB! Do you know how hard it is to get coffee out from a key board!
May I refer you back to an earlier thread where the benefits of those plastic keyboard covers were discussed?! :chuckle
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by dvbuk55 »

pinstripe wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
horris wrote:
I've still got my Consignia badge, I wonder if that'll be worth anything ? :-)
Well, I'll start the bidding and we'll see where it takes us. 1p, I bid 1p. :Very Happy
Give me 10p and I'll take if off your hands.
Well, in my case that could be a problem, I had it made into a personal piercing :oops:
Thank you very much DVB! Do you know how hard it is to get coffee out from a key board!
Coffee :hmmmm................... no but...................................there has been spillages.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

RMC Museum?

Post by POSTMAN »

I've got some post box time plate thingies which say Sun/Bank hol Mon,you know the silver things,can't think what they are called lol.
Anyway it's in the soon to be opened RMC museum,i've also got some of the stamp things,rem them which will be in there as well,and a letter from some granny,so i'll have the Consignia badge as well,call it 2 squid.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
pinstripe wrote:A paperweight, with your certificate inside and a pen. It looks ok, but what do I need a paperweight for?
Putting in a sock and bludgeoning people with?!
Surely April you don't need to get them unconcious to take advantage of them :chuckle :chuckle
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: RMC Museum?

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:I've got some post box time plate thingies which say Sun/Bank hol Mon,you know the silver things,can't think what they are called lol.
Anyway it's in the soon to be opened RMC museum,i've also got some of the stamp things,rem them which will be in there as well,and a letter from some granny,so i'll have the Consignia badge as well,call it 2 squid.
Hey postman, if you're opening a museum, there's an irish bloke who used to ride for Pony Express in the old days - he could make personal appearances at the weekend - but don't let him speak. :angel Think of the deranged priest from Father Ted, wearing a 10 gallon hat and sat astride a palomino pony.................
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
pinstripe wrote:A paperweight, with your certificate inside and a pen. It looks ok, but what do I need a paperweight for?
Putting in a sock and bludgeoning people with?!
Surely April you don't need to get them unconcious to take advantage of them :chuckle :chuckle
Why do you think I have Chloroform?!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
pinstripe wrote:A paperweight, with your certificate inside and a pen. It looks ok, but what do I need a paperweight for?
Putting in a sock and bludgeoning people with?!
Surely April you don't need to get them unconcious to take advantage of them :chuckle :chuckle
Why do you think I have Chloroform?!
:hmmmm Hey, what's that strange sme...................................
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: RMC Museum?

Post by pinstripe »

POSTMAN wrote:I've got some post box time plate thingies which say Sun/Bank hol Mon,you know the silver things,can't think what they are called lol.
Anyway it's in the soon to be opened RMC museum,i've also got some of the stamp things,rem them which will be in there as well,and a letter from some granny,so i'll have the Consignia badge as well,call it 2 squid.
I've got a couple of red elastic bands you can have. Obviously they're broken. A red pouch with a hole in the bottom and a pair of Magnum boots. £1 for the bands, and I'll throw in the others for free.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
pinstripe wrote:A paperweight, with your certificate inside and a pen. It looks ok, but what do I need a paperweight for?
Putting in a sock and bludgeoning people with?!
Surely April you don't need to get them unconcious to take advantage of them :chuckle :chuckle
Why do you think I have Chloroform?!
:hmmmm Hey, what's that strange sme...................................
I think I got that quote from Reeves and Mortimer. Can't remember now. Anyhoo, I also like their one that goes:

Bob "Ere, Vic. Can you smell onions?"
Vic "No?"
Bob "What? Not even if they're right up close?!"

Tittled me for hours that did when I first heard it.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
pinstripe wrote:A paperweight, with your certificate inside and a pen. It looks ok, but what do I need a paperweight for?
Putting in a sock and bludgeoning people with?!
Surely April you don't need to get them unconcious to take advantage of them :chuckle :chuckle
Why do you think I have Chloroform?!
:hmmmm Hey, what's that strange sme...................................
I think I got that quote from Reeves and Mortimer. Can't remember now. Anyhoo, I also like their one that goes:

Bob "Ere, Vic. Can you smell onions?"
Vic "No?"
Bob "What? Not even if they're right up close?!"

Tittled me for hours that did when I first heard it.
Great pair those two.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
pinstripe wrote:A paperweight, with your certificate inside and a pen. It looks ok, but what do I need a paperweight for?
Putting in a sock and bludgeoning people with?!
Surely April you don't need to get them unconcious to take advantage of them :chuckle :chuckle
Why do you think I have Chloroform?!
:hmmmm Hey, what's that strange sme...................................
I think I got that quote from Reeves and Mortimer. Can't remember now. Anyhoo, I also like their one that goes:

Bob "Ere, Vic. Can you smell onions?"
Vic "No?"
Bob "What? Not even if they're right up close?!"

Tittled me for hours that did when I first heard it.
Great pair those two.
Another from shooting stars...

True or False: Joan Collins entices young men into her home using a trail of Werther's Originals?

(It was false. She uses chloroform and an anonymous looking van.).
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
pinstripe wrote:A paperweight, with your certificate inside and a pen. It looks ok, but what do I need a paperweight for?
Putting in a sock and bludgeoning people with?!
Surely April you don't need to get them unconcious to take advantage of them :chuckle :chuckle
Why do you think I have Chloroform?!
:hmmmm Hey, what's that strange sme...................................
I think I got that quote from Reeves and Mortimer. Can't remember now. Anyhoo, I also like their one that goes:

Bob "Ere, Vic. Can you smell onions?"
Vic "No?"
Bob "What? Not even if they're right up close?!"

Tittled me for hours that did when I first heard it.
Great pair those two.
Another from shooting stars...

True or False: Joan Collins entices young men into her home using a trail of Werther's Originals?

(It was false. She uses chloroform and an anonymous looking van.).


Pity really I like Werthers.
demon
Posts: 732
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
Gender: Female

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by demon »

the pen is s**t must cost 99p from tesco the paper weight went in the bin they are just having a laugh with what they give you
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: 10 yrs service gift

Post by krussel »

demon wrote:the pen is s**t must cost 99p from tesco the paper weight went in the bin they are just having a laugh with what they give you
:left: :left: :left:

It s a poor reward for ten years of dragging yourself out of bed in the middle of the night and walking the streets in all weathers for 10 hard years :arrrghhh
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........