ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Salary of a postman

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Terry Butcher
Posts: 107
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:07
Gender: Male

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by Terry Butcher »

resperin wrote:I totally agree with what you said Terry, and i've got similar mindset/ambitions as yourself Taurus. since i've started this job a couple years ago i have saved about £27k, with o/t which i use for other expenditure like presents/going out.
Resperin, you must be full-time, right? I'm P/T (24 hours) and thought i had done well to save about 8 grand since i started at RM (Nov '08).
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by clashcityrocker »

I have saved about 37p in the last 11 years.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
resperin
Posts: 402
Joined: 18 Feb 2009, 21:45
Gender: Male

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by resperin »

Terry Butcher wrote:
resperin wrote:I totally agree with what you said Terry, and i've got similar mindset/ambitions as yourself Taurus. since i've started this job a couple years ago i have saved about £27k, with o/t which i use for other expenditure like presents/going out.
Resperin, you must be full-time, right? I'm P/T (24 hours) and thought i had done well to save about 8 grand since i started at RM (Nov '08).

£8k is good. i am full time, yeah. there are alot more variables to account for, i personally havent got any outgoings apart from work food / travel
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by POSTMAN »

:funneh
clashcityrocker wrote:I have saved about 37p in the last 11 years.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by REDLETTER »

Join the Army!

You can get ordered about by a "jumped up" bloke............................ :whistle and get paid to do what you are told!
Even though you know what they say is a load of Bulls*t!

Sounds familiar.............. :Very Happy.

or become a Member of Parliament........plenty of career opportunities after you leave that job :crazy:
resperin
Posts: 402
Joined: 18 Feb 2009, 21:45
Gender: Male

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by resperin »

REDLETTER wrote:Join the Army!
probably competition for that now too :roll:
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by Pat Ostman »

clashcityrocker wrote:I have saved about 37p in the last 11 years.
Tell me your secret! I thought 12p and a crushed polo mint was good :Very Happy
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by fishtank »

Pat Ostman wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:I have saved about 37p in the last 11 years.
Tell me your secret! I thought 12p and a crushed polo mint was good :Very Happy

Bugger..... I'm into the sharks for about 80Gs....it's the drugs,the gambling....but mostly the women. :wink: :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by post_bitch »

Full time 18500

part time half of that 9000 a year

full time toilet cleaners are paid more and u can work alone + deal with less s**t.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:

Bugger..... I'm into the sharks for about 80Gs....it's the drugs,the gambling....but mostly the women. :wink: :chuckle
Just make sure you steer well clear of Maryhill.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
richystran
Posts: 72
Joined: 20 May 2010, 02:01
Gender: Male

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by richystran »

I was told that i was one of the last to be given a 40hr contract and thats nearly 4 years ago! Everything is 35hr max and i remember starting first i had casual contract for two years and only getting a wage of £2800 for a years work! Its certainly not a job to leave another job for!
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by wiganpostie »

If you don't have to live on the money that you are making (ie, you are still living with your mum and dad and they are footing the bills), then you might actually enjoy the job as it'll be a few quid (emphasis on the "few") in your pocket. A few years down the line, however, when that changes and all of a sudden you have to eke out an existence on a miserable pay packet then I'm sure you'll have a change of heart, and regret not going into further education/looking for a job that had prospects.
bedfordrl
Posts: 386
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
Gender: Male
Location: North East Hampshire

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by bedfordrl »


Yes, 88 was/is the year of my birth and my friends are very much the same,
:sad: I got married the year before you and your friends were born :sad:
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by krussel »

bedfordrl wrote:

Yes, 88 was/is the year of my birth and my friends are very much the same,
:sad: I got married the year before you and your friends were born :sad:
A year later in 89 i joined this firm, feeling old now. :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Salary of a postman

Post by Darren Bent »

I would say go for the job and think about alternative career where your skills are in demand., and that mean learning a skill ie Doctors, Vet, Nursing, Plumbing, Electrician, and stuff like that.

Royal Mail is not good employers to work for. I applied for Full Time reserve job several years ago and got it, and there is no more full time job taken after me.

Postman job is good for having decent money but not enough to make a living out of it ie buy your own house.

Did you say you like working alone. Why not become a Heavy Good Vehicle Driver (Lorry driver)