ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Part timers helping to sort missorts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Part timers helping to sort missorts

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
That's what OPALS are for - they don't have to be fast but it would certainly help and familiarity breeds speed.
When I first started on IPS, I asked if I could take an OPAL home so I could practice sorting in my own time, so I could get up to speed quicker.
I also made a tape of which street was on which round so I could listen to it in my sleep. That is a proven method of speed learning.
I'm surprised more people don't think like that.
Was the OPAL to go above your own personal RM2000 frame from back in the day when you were the Glaswegian D2D baron?
And what's a "tape"? :confused :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Part timers helping to sort missorts

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
That's what OPALS are for - they don't have to be fast but it would certainly help and familiarity breeds speed.
When I first started on IPS, I asked if I could take an OPAL home so I could practice sorting in my own time, so I could get up to speed quicker.
I also made a tape of which street was on which round so I could listen to it in my sleep. That is a proven method of speed learning.
I'm surprised more people don't think like that.
Get your coat :chuckle
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Part timers helping to sort missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote: And what's a "tape"? :confused :chuckle
You remember - C30 C60 C90 Go.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Part timers helping to sort missorts

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
fishtank wrote: And what's a "tape"? :confused :chuckle
You remember - C30 C60 C90 Go.
Back in the day when you wore your uniform with pride :wink:
Image
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Part timers helping to sort missorts

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:
fishtank wrote: And what's a "tape"? :confused :chuckle
You remember - C30 C60 C90 Go.
Yes i do...unfortunately,
What is this...Hot Tub Time Machine. :chuckle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DCFPS58KYY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Part timers helping to sort missorts

Post by clashcityrocker »

Image
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Part timers helping to sort missorts

Post by DGP1 »

ccr - you are quite attractive :nervous just don't tell dvb :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Part timers helping to sort missorts

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:ccr - you are quite attractive :nervous just don't tell dvb :wink:
Which one - actually it doesn't matter, either will do :oops:
spilie
Posts: 515
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 21:48

Re: Part timers helping to sort missorts

Post by spilie »

Cowdenpostie wrote:Whats the official line as to sorting the missorts before delivery? are part timers required to help? reason I ask is because i was the only full timer sorting the missorts one day this week, whilst the part timers just stood around watching me, gagging to get out the door - felt kinda pressured, I know i shouldnt have, its hacked me off :arrrghhh - cheers guys.
and where were the rest of your f/t staff? seems as though you are forgeting that f/t staff can and indeed are paid to help you. I agrree with pinstripe if p/t staff come in early and do work f/t staff are meant to be doing then we are all f**ked, so next time you need help cowdenpostie feel free to get hacked off at f/t staff because officially they should be alongside you