ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

joint statement on deliveries due out

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by DGP1 »

Big Daz wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Didn't the CWU have a forum once? :nervous

Aye it did and dvbuk 55 used to chill in the shed thread :wave
Was that the forerunner of the naughty room :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by andy2007 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
andy2007 wrote:
fishtank wrote:No-one is questioning the rules Andy...just the ascertain that a certain poster was "chased away",..he wasn't,his job was done 'tis all. :wave
I don't know whether you're right about that or not. But he didn't just spend his time arguing that case. He also spent a lot of time in the general discussions. And more importantly at the time, providing us all with one of the very few sourcs of accurate information, during the secrecy stage. Where we were making big sacrifices, whilst getting NO information about what was going on! :Applause :hmmmm

I still think it's a major loss for RMC, that he left. I didn't always agree with him. And often argued against him, paricularly about the deal. But he's another one who I greatly repect, for having the guts to fight his case, against such a barage of opposition.
Well the barrage of opposition must just have been on this site because it certainly didn't become apparent in the votes.
Well it was the reaction on here I was referring to. Just as Dingo is experiencing it now. I just wish people would sick to arguing against his view, rather than making personal comments about him. :hmmmm
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by dvbuk55 »

Big Daz wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Didn't the CWU have a forum once? :nervous

Aye it did and dvbuk 55 used to chill in the shed thread :wave
Well I'm a multi shed man now BD :chuckle
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by belle smith »

dingo wrote:Ok Dvbuk and others who are quick to slag the agreement off what would you have done different.

The facts the union had were the machines were purchased , the CDVs were purchased , Royal Mail were saying they were no longer willing to turn away business in the unaddressed market , and that they wanted to standardise perfromance across the industry by moving everyone up to the level of the highest performing offices in the UK and they wanted to reduce mail centres. In addition they wanted to change the workplan to one outward pass and one inward pass which a lot of people have failed to grasp how significant that plan is.
I think you'll find they also wanted to reduce to the legal minimum the Duty release given to CWU officers, the one issue the union appears to have got movment on. :hmmmm
Now lets examine each one of those , Walk sequencing machines with the money from the Government , the union could not stop Royal Mail purchasing them and we could not become some modern day luddites. Now when you do have your walk sequencing revison you will understand how that changes your working life in a major way.
The union solution unrestrickted delivery spans! I'm sure that will change our working lifes in a major way. Now when the members are no longer able to do there job will the CWU support them in claims of constructive dissmisal? i suspect not.
e.g. the postman who appeared on Panorama, how well do you think he will get on with unrestricted delivery spans?
The union could and should have argued for the reintroduction of the second delivery, it might not have worked but no attempt was made what so ever.
Now Royal Mail did threaten at one stage to not have two waves of work and only have work on the second wave which would have meant that all work would arrive in the delivery unit later and the job would simply become a part time industry. Instead the union achieved a 70% national average of full time jobs, plus a committment to less Saturdays.

Now its very easy to moan about things , but what would you have done, remember you have to reprsent 130 thousand members some very strong members and some very weak sectons of the membership.
Where they threatening to illegally reduce our hours without our concent? I think you should have gone public with that.
as a union we have had campaign after campaign about not using cars ?
But members who didn't use there cars were told you finish on the street and you were not entitled to a lift back to the office to pick up your car and not just by RM management.
Now we have walk sequencing which is reducing IPS and pre time, and we have a growing market in unadddressed mail. We have conference policies to have door to door into workload in order to protect jobs. The average payment was £12 ,and some offices did not do them at all ,some had door to door barrons . So in a declining market did the union reject new work or did it get it into workload and get ROYAL mAIL TO PAY TWICE ONCE IN THE WAY OF WORKLOAD VIA A REVISION AND SECOND IN THE WAY OF A 52 WEEK SUPPLEMENT PAID PERMANENT ADDITION TO BASIC PAY. That means when Royal Mail automate it and its easy to do once you have 6 tehn you will still have money protected. Plus the union has got the right to review extra revenue. So what would you have done reject the increase in door to door , try and fight for an early shift payment hen you know under walk sequencing very few will qulaify and knowing under pay and mod it was included in the agreement that grandfather rights would only apply if their was no pay simplifaction.
ahh the short comings of an earlier agreement.
Its easy to have an opinion and it`s easy to play to the gallery but tell me what the alternative was.
To have a limit on out door work and an agreement on performance standards for Pegasus and IWT. Anything less is a discrace and YOU WILL NEVER CHANGE MY MIND ON THAT!!!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by POSTMAN »

:funneh
as a union we have had campaign after campaign about not using cars ?
As a union they agreed to the insurance bond and have made NO efforts to ensure it is up held. :roll:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
guvenor
Posts: 493
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 16:58

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by guvenor »

how would private car hirers ,taxis and any other self employed person who has to pay business insurance on vehicles feel
about rm and private cars getting away without paying proper insurance
imagine a taxi involved in accident with postie using own car interesting i think
lovejoy
Posts: 1255
Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by lovejoy »

fishtank wrote:
this site has chased away already some of their souces of information like lovejoy who I know well and if its not careful will chase away more.
No-one chased Lovejoy away....he did exactly what he wanted to and in fact did previously in 2007 he came on,he posted a bit,the deal was accepted,he told us the flavour of the forum was not to his taste and he left. :neutral:
I am sure he will be back when he feels the need..... circa 2012 or earlier if this deal falls apart.
As far as chasing more away,that smacks a little of "it's my ball and i will decide who plays with it" but i'm sure the information will arrive here anyway when it is deemed necessary by those who posses it.
Just saw this as I was checking through my PMs....

Regardless of the views I felt as if i was chased away in a strange way. Everytime I (and others) posted there was a couple of individuals (one in particular) who for some reason had a chip on their shoulder and had to attack every single thing that was said.

I just wanted to give some info / updates but this became impossible because all I was doing was having a debate with somebody who talks the talk but has never actually performed the role of a CWU Rep during times such as these.

In the end with the time constraints of work etc I thought it was best to take a backstep. I still get a few questions PM'd to me and am always happy to answer them.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by fishtank »

lovejoy wrote:
Just saw this as I was checking through my PMs....

Regardless of the views I felt as if i was chased away in a strange way. Everytime I (and others) posted there was a couple of individuals (one in particular) who for some reason had a chip on their shoulder and had to attack every single thing that was said.

I just wanted to give some info / updates but this became impossible because all I was doing was having a debate with somebody who talks the talk but has never actually performed the role of a CWU Rep during times such as these.

In the end with the time constraints of work etc I thought it was best to take a backstep. I still get a few questions PM'd to me and am always happy to answer them.

I'm sorry you felt like that Lovejoy...but forums are simple beasts.
If you want to post info....you post info.
If you want to debate....you debate.
If one person in particular bothers you there is always the foe button.
For the record i never had any personal issues with you,i just disagreed with your point of view but i have never attempted to promote my opinion as anything more than the opinion of one person. :wave
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by dvbuk55 »

Chased away? - this isn't the playground. Some nasty people won't play so I'm taking my ball home :cry If the points raised stood on their own merit and did not appear to be simply propaganda there wouldn't be a counter opinion would there. Some people post on here regularly and some just pop in when there's a tale to tell for the CWU hierarchy.
lovejoy
Posts: 1255
Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by lovejoy »

dvbuk55 wrote:Chased away? - this isn't the playground. Some nasty people won't play so I'm taking my ball home :cry If the points raised stood on their own merit and did not appear to be simply propaganda there wouldn't be a counter opinion would there. Some people post on here regularly and some just pop in when there's a tale to tell for the CWU hierarchy.
And some people sit in the comfort zone taking pot shots whilst never stepping up themselves....
lovejoy
Posts: 1255
Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by lovejoy »

fishtank wrote:
lovejoy wrote:
Just saw this as I was checking through my PMs....

Regardless of the views I felt as if i was chased away in a strange way. Everytime I (and others) posted there was a couple of individuals (one in particular) who for some reason had a chip on their shoulder and had to attack every single thing that was said.

I just wanted to give some info / updates but this became impossible because all I was doing was having a debate with somebody who talks the talk but has never actually performed the role of a CWU Rep during times such as these.

In the end with the time constraints of work etc I thought it was best to take a backstep. I still get a few questions PM'd to me and am always happy to answer them.

I'm sorry you felt like that Lovejoy...but forums are simple beasts.
If you want to post info....you post info.
If you want to debate....you debate.
If one person in particular bothers you there is always the foe button.
For the record i never had any personal issues with you,i just disagreed with your point of view but i have never attempted to promote my opinion as anything more than the opinion of one person. :wave
How does that foe thing work? And I dont mean with you ha :)
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by fishtank »

lovejoy wrote:
How does that foe thing work? And I dont mean with you ha :)
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... &mode=foes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore POSTMAN or his crew. :left: :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by dvbuk55 »

lovejoy wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Chased away? - this isn't the playground. Some nasty people won't play so I'm taking my ball home :cry If the points raised stood on their own merit and did not appear to be simply propaganda there wouldn't be a counter opinion would there. Some people post on here regularly and some just pop in when there's a tale to tell for the CWU hierarchy.
And some people sit in the comfort zone taking pot shots whilst never stepping up themselves....
No, the comfort zone is sitting on your arse talking about work and making agreements for others to do more.
lovejoy
Posts: 1255
Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 12:59

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by lovejoy »

dvbuk55 wrote:
lovejoy wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Chased away? - this isn't the playground. Some nasty people won't play so I'm taking my ball home :cry If the points raised stood on their own merit and did not appear to be simply propaganda there wouldn't be a counter opinion would there. Some people post on here regularly and some just pop in when there's a tale to tell for the CWU hierarchy.
And some people sit in the comfort zone taking pot shots whilst never stepping up themselves....
No, the comfort zone is sitting on your arse talking about work and making agreements for others to do more.
No, the comfort zone is slagging off CWU Reps but not having the guts to take on the role yourself and using every reason under the sun except the real one.....you havent got the bottle .....
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: joint statement on deliveries due out

Post by dvbuk55 »

lovejoy wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
lovejoy wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Chased away? - this isn't the playground. Some nasty people won't play so I'm taking my ball home :cry If the points raised stood on their own merit and did not appear to be simply propaganda there wouldn't be a counter opinion would there. Some people post on here regularly and some just pop in when there's a tale to tell for the CWU hierarchy.
And some people sit in the comfort zone taking pot shots whilst never stepping up themselves....
No, the comfort zone is sitting on your arse talking about work and making agreements for others to do more.
No, the comfort zone is slagging off CWU Reps but not having the guts to take on the role yourself and using every reason under the sun except the real one.....you havent got the bottle .....
:chuckle :chuckle Now tell me lovejoy, how much bottle does it take to be a professional chatterer full of their own self importance?