Just a thought...If i was Emperor of the world i probably wouldn't be working for RM
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Redeliveries, that still aren't in!
-
Terry Butcher
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!
If i was Emperor of the world i would make it a legal requirement for people who get an outrageous amount of packets daily, and are never in (A.K.A Taking the piss) to have one of them "Parcel safe" boxes. I've only ever seen about 5 and when I'm able to get rid of a hefty parcel in one I almost feel like shaking the owner's hand! It would save the customer so much time and effort to fork out on one because they probably spend more in petrol a month driving to the office to collect their packets.
Just a thought...If i was Emperor of the world i probably wouldn't be working for RM
Just a thought...If i was Emperor of the world i probably wouldn't be working for RM
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!
Why notTerry Butcher wrote:If i was Emperor of the world i would make it a legal requirement for people who get an outrageous amount of packets daily, and are never in (A.K.A Taking the piss) to have one of them "Parcel safe" boxes. I've only ever seen about 5 and when I'm able to get rid of a hefty parcel in one I almost feel like shaking the owner's hand! It would save the customer so much time and effort to fork out on one because they probably spend more in petrol a month driving to the office to collect their packets.
Just a thought...If i was Emperor of the world i probably wouldn't be working for RM
-
Terry Butcher
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!
That's a good point, one of the houses on the walk i've been on lately has a catflap on the front door, it has come in handy on a few occassions for getting rid of dastardly parcels...the cat probably hates me!dvbuk55 wrote:Why notTerry Butcher wrote:If i was Emperor of the world i would make it a legal requirement for people who get an outrageous amount of packets daily, and are never in (A.K.A Taking the piss) to have one of them "Parcel safe" boxes. I've only ever seen about 5 and when I'm able to get rid of a hefty parcel in one I almost feel like shaking the owner's hand! It would save the customer so much time and effort to fork out on one because they probably spend more in petrol a month driving to the office to collect their packets.
Just a thought...If i was Emperor of the world i probably wouldn't be working for RMAnyway they don't need a drop box - make everyone have a cat flap, I always used to go round the back to see if they had one.
-
Wiggins79
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!
Can someone explain to me how it is that people somehow don't hear you hammering on their door (I've been told I knock like a bailiff/ policeman), but suddenly come running when they hear the red card go through? I could happily throw the packet at their faces when they open the door asking why I've carded them when they are in.
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!
Wiggins79 wrote:Can someone explain to me how it is that people somehow don't hear you hammering on their door (I've been told I knock like a bailiff/ policeman), but suddenly come running when they hear the red card go through? I could happily throw the packet at their faces when they open the door asking why I've carded them when they are in.
because they are expecting baliffs/police so wait to see what card/letter comes through
-
Wiggins79
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Redeliveries, that still aren't in!
Good point. I suppose I kind of answered my own question there.custard wrote:Wiggins79 wrote:Can someone explain to me how it is that people somehow don't hear you hammering on their door (I've been told I knock like a bailiff/ policeman), but suddenly come running when they hear the red card go through? I could happily throw the packet at their faces when they open the door asking why I've carded them when they are in.
because they are expecting baliffs/police so wait to see what card/letter comes through