ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

bank holiday and d-d

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: bank holiday and d-d

Post by Big Daz »

It really is very simple comrades

Pre 2010 we had one less day to deliver DTD on bank holiday weeks.

Post 2010 we still have one less day to deliver DTD on bank holiday weeks.


For those who did DTD properly pre 2010 we simply revert back to the pre 2010 split between duty holder and duty floater which is what I will be doing. For those that didnt for waht evr reason then as BELIAL says managers are paid to manage so they should have planned 1/5 th for your duty.

As duties have not altered due to spare indoor capacity and having more than 3 DTD in my D.O is still very rare (Ive not had 4 or more yet ) taking 1/5th a day is not a issue for weekdays. Potentially the odd duty might not manage on Saturday but the majority of delivery duties will be able to accomdate 1/5th of DTD next Saturday.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: bank holiday and d-d

Post by gb93 »

Well said BD I agree even during a few beers watching the match.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
theboropostie
Posts: 132
Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: bank holiday and d-d

Post by theboropostie »

I will be taking one row of what should be Mondays column each day, Tues - Fri, which clears the excess leaving Sat as normal.

Simples.
jockstrapp
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 970
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
Gender: Male

Re: bank holiday and d-d

Post by jockstrapp »

Two d2d came in saturday, I'm waiting on the third one to arrive If it aint in monday then that's one that one sixth that won't be done. If they don't have the ability to get them in on time then that's not my problem. :whistle :whistle :whistle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: bank holiday and d-d

Post by DGP1 »

jockstrapp wrote:Two d2d came in saturday, I'm waiting on the third one to arrive If it aint in monday then that's one that one sixth that won't be done. If they don't have the ability to get them in on time then that's not my problem. :whistle :whistle :whistle
You at work tomorrow jock :chuckle :chuckle I'll be thinking about you as I turn over for another sleep :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio