ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The new uniform?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bandit650
Posts: 880
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
Gender: Female

Re: The new uniform?

Post by bandit650 »

No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it. :cuppa
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The new uniform?

Post by dvbuk55 »

bandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it. :cuppa
Well personaally I don't get beyond page three :cuppa
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: The new uniform?

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:
bandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it. :cuppa
Well personaally I don't get beyond page three :cuppa

...but that in itself has worn something out. :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: The new uniform?

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
bandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it. :cuppa
Well personaally I don't get beyond page three :cuppa

...but that in itself has worn something out. :whistle
And I can vouch for that :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: The new uniform?

Post by krussel »

DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
bandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it. :cuppa
Well personaally I don't get beyond page three :cuppa

...but that in itself has worn something out. :whistle
And I can vouch for that :wink:

Ok all in the naughty room NOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The new uniform?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
bandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it. :cuppa
Well personaally I don't get beyond page three :cuppa

...but that in itself has worn something out. :whistle
And I can vouch for that :wink:
Judas :shock:
Pegman
Posts: 373
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
Gender: Male
Location: The Deep South

Re: The new uniform?

Post by Pegman »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I can appreciate some colleagues aren't willing to pay out for their own kit, that's their choice (and there's no right or wrong point of view) However in the Forces they've got a saying, "Any **** can rough it!".

Used to get the same argument then, but if you're out in the shitty rain all day just saying, "They issued it and I'm going to wear it!" doesn't keep you dry. :sad:

Yanks used to have a saying, "Remember your equipment has been supplied by the lowest bidder" same goes for us Royal Fail can't afford to issue us with decent kit. :wave
No but they can afford to send three vans on schedules on the same industrial estate 5 days a week
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

100% United, 100% Unofficial
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8958
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: The new uniform?

Post by blue1873 »

Caniel wrote:
blue1873 wrote:soCaneil you reckon it's irrelevant our view on the new "uniform" fortunately i work in an MC and dont have to face the public wearing the latest piss take from RM .......you must be very easily pleased with your attire.I can imagine what it will be like walking through some of our inner cities in the dark evenings on your way to work and being spotted by some of the "young team" wearing your bright new RED FLEECE! then there will be more than RM taking the piss :left: i'm quite sure they will show the same level of "Dignity & RESPECT" that RM has. :oops:
The fleece could be bright purple with pink dots all over it for all I care, it's a uniform that's provided FREE and serves a purpose that purpose being to get worn out from all the work I do rather than my own clothes and shoes getting worn out. I work on deliveries so I don't walk to work in the evenings it also means that due to the amount work I do I wear out trousers, shorts and shoes quite fast. I used to wear my own trainers on delivery when I first started but quickly stopped when the soles were getting worn out after a month. However standing round in a MC sorting packets or reading The SUN next to the LSM isn't going to wear out a pair of jeans or trainers any time soon :wink:
"Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUN :mad go wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam :no no
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: The new uniform?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

blue1873 wrote: "Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUN :mad go wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam :no no
Yeah the Union is meant to be a militant one they should be reading Morning Star :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8958
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: The new uniform?

Post by blue1873 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
blue1873 wrote: "Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUN :mad go wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam :no no
Yeah the Union is meant to be a militant one they should be reading Morning Star :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

TBT.... "Milliant" does NOT appear to be a word our union has any understanding of :so there :whistle
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The new uniform?

Post by dvbuk55 »

blue1873 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
blue1873 wrote: "Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUN :mad go wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam :no no
Yeah the Union is meant to be a militant one they should be reading Morning Star :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

TBT.... "Milliant" does NOT appear to be a word our union has any understanding of :so there :whistle


Nor me truth be told :chuckle
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: The new uniform?

Post by Caniel »

blue1873 wrote:
Caniel wrote:
blue1873 wrote:soCaneil you reckon it's irrelevant our view on the new "uniform" fortunately i work in an MC and dont have to face the public wearing the latest piss take from RM .......you must be very easily pleased with your attire.I can imagine what it will be like walking through some of our inner cities in the dark evenings on your way to work and being spotted by some of the "young team" wearing your bright new RED FLEECE! then there will be more than RM taking the piss :left: i'm quite sure they will show the same level of "Dignity & RESPECT" that RM has. :oops:
The fleece could be bright purple with pink dots all over it for all I care, it's a uniform that's provided FREE and serves a purpose that purpose being to get worn out from all the work I do rather than my own clothes and shoes getting worn out. I work on deliveries so I don't walk to work in the evenings it also means that due to the amount work I do I wear out trousers, shorts and shoes quite fast. I used to wear my own trainers on delivery when I first started but quickly stopped when the soles were getting worn out after a month. However standing round in a MC sorting packets or reading The SUN next to the LSM isn't going to wear out a pair of jeans or trainers any time soon :wink:
"Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUN :mad go wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam :no no
Sorry I should have said The Sport :wink:
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8958
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: The new uniform?

Post by blue1873 »

Caniel wrote:
blue1873 wrote:
Caniel wrote:
blue1873 wrote:soCaneil you reckon it's irrelevant our view on the new "uniform" fortunately i work in an MC and dont have to face the public wearing the latest piss take from RM .......you must be very easily pleased with your attire.I can imagine what it will be like walking through some of our inner cities in the dark evenings on your way to work and being spotted by some of the "young team" wearing your bright new RED FLEECE! then there will be more than RM taking the piss :left: i'm quite sure they will show the same level of "Dignity & RESPECT" that RM has. :oops:
The fleece could be bright purple with pink dots all over it for all I care, it's a uniform that's provided FREE and serves a purpose that purpose being to get worn out from all the work I do rather than my own clothes and shoes getting worn out. I work on deliveries so I don't walk to work in the evenings it also means that due to the amount work I do I wear out trousers, shorts and shoes quite fast. I used to wear my own trainers on delivery when I first started but quickly stopped when the soles were getting worn out after a month. However standing round in a MC sorting packets or reading The SUN next to the LSM isn't going to wear out a pair of jeans or trainers any time soon :wink:
"Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUN :mad go wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam :no no
Sorry I should have said The Sport :wink:
Ahem my dear in our MC management don't allow papers,food or drink in the work areas :no no afraid for us it's all work work work.......lift that barge tote that bale :crazy: assa workin boss assa workin :oops: never mind though .........come the revolution brothers ........come the revolution :evil/mad or maybe i need a day or two off !ishould be so lucky :roll: