ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missorts on Delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts on Delivery

Post by clashcityrocker »

beastman wrote:this might seem a daft question but endorse them with what? Do you write something on them ? (like mis-sort)
Yes you write missort, the date, your walk number and you initial/sign it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Missorts on Delivery

Post by Caniel »

There used to be a proper sticker which you put on then filled out. Was easy to peel as well so it didn't rip the letter/packet and also looked tidier as someone's Item of mail didn't have "miss-sort" written all over it.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Missorts on Delivery

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I use the following endorsements on my duty:

BU = Boarded Up -
GL = Gate Locked
DL = Dog Loose
TNA = Temporary No access (something blocking the path that I should not move and cant get around ie full bin )
REF = Refused
GA = Gone Away
UK = Unknown at this address
DO?DL - Door Open - Dog Loose ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts on Delivery

Post by clashcityrocker »

I also used to use CBA (Can't be arsed)
But we are not allowed to use abbreviations any more.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts on Delivery

Post by POSTMAN »

*I've used TF before,Top Flat. :whistle


RMC (In case the IB are looking in)Disclaimer.
It was a joke,don't get yourselves all worked up.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Missorts on Delivery

Post by clashcityrocker »

NEAA

No effing access AGAIN.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts on Delivery

Post by Eric Cantona »

You can always D.A.L them Manager cannot proove nothing at that rate, but if you have time deliver, personally I would rather deliver them than go back for the manager to find something else to do or more absorption. I'd make a point of telling Mr Stevie Wonder what he is doing as well.
brasseye
Posts: 69
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts on Delivery

Post by brasseye »

I'm a part timer, and i have 5 different full timers who sort my mail for 20 mins each before i arrive in the morning,

i get at least 40 missorts per day, i am sick of it, i once brought them back and informed my manager who then had a right go at me for not delivering them.
I told him, if i had sorted the walk myself i would have delivered them but i'm not sorting out other peoples mistakes every single day.

I still just bring them back, although he says nothing now, as he hasn't spoken to me in 2 months since i started a grievance procedure against him over other matters, and now he is sulking like a big fat bald baby, the twat !! :funneh
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Missorts on Delivery

Post by taurus88 »

brasseye wrote:I'm a part timer, and i have 5 different full timers who sort my mail for 20 mins each before i arrive in the morning,

i get at least 40 missorts per day, i am sick of it, i once brought them back and informed my manager who then had a right go at me for not delivering them.
I told him, if i had sorted the walk myself i would have delivered them but i'm not sorting out other peoples mistakes every single day.

I still just bring them back, although he says nothing now, as he hasn't spoken to me in 2 months since i started a grievance procedure against him over other matters, and now he is sulking like a big fat bald baby, the twat !! :funneh
I'm in a similar position sometimes. I've chucked walks out before that I don't even know and been told I didn't manage a single missort. I can appreciate that it's easy to see a number and get tunnel vision, but when I'm encountering 40 to 50 missorts, it's impossible to keep track of them and deliver them on my way around the rest of the round. I can understand somebody saying 'deliver them' but surely the bigger issue in this is that there is such a significant number of missorts on one walk? Sometimes, I'll finish my walk with fifteen minutes to go and loads of packets to go back and hand in. I don't have time to go and do a second delivery. Thankfully, whoever chucked my walk out today did a pretty good job and I'm eternally grateful to them.