ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The new uniform?
-
lainey
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 22:49
- Gender: Female
Re: The new uniform?
trust me if you seen it you wouldnt wear it either it must have been a man that designed it 
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: The new uniform?
They'll be needing all that materinty wear when all the managers have to go back out on deliveryStormproof wrote:They do maternity stuff now? Back in the early 90's all that was on offer was bib n brace, no way was I going to wear them. Ended up putting elastic bands through the button hole on my trousers and attaching them to the button. As for maternity shirts never got them, made do with my uniform shirt with a t shirt underneath.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
bandit650
- Posts: 880
- Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
- Gender: Female
Re: The new uniform?
Do they have uniform that big?Only the managers have been sitting about for so long and all that hot airto fit in as well 
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: The new uniform?
Ergh your describing the current uniform (blue trousers and blue fleece) and pinning it's flaws on the new uniform (grey trousers and red fleece) which is unfounded atm then comparing it to the ye olde uniform from the days before privatisation.bandit650 wrote:I looked at this and thought superior? I dont think so when i first joined Royal Mail my uniform fitted and was smart and of very good quaility,when you sent your sizes in you got a uniform that fitted not one that had to be sent back so they could have another stab at the size.youwot!!!!! wrote:FOR GODS SAKE WILL YOU ALL STOP WHINING.
THE NEW UNIFORM IS NOT SO BAD AND IN MANY WAYS IT IS SUPERIOR TO THE OLD ONE AND ANYWAY WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE AS IT IS FREE.
MUCH BETTER THAN WEARING YOUR OWN CLOTHES OR ARE SOME OF YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?![]()
![]()
You could also wash it and it didnt loose its colour,i dont think having an opinion or a thought is whinning,we dont have the cash to waste on this company we had a perfectly good uniform which did'nt need changing.
Yes some of us do care what we look like, if they supplied a good uniform that did'nt wear so badly,fitted correctly then staff would not require to use thier own wages( which are worth less now )to supply them selves with quality which i dont know if anyone has noticed Royal Mail have forgotten about,i would not say that anyone is being stupid.
Irrelevant.blue1873 wrote:Missing the point....yeah for sure RM decides to make a spectacle of us and you just go along with ityou can bet your bottom dollar this new "uniform"was chosen on cost only, they don't care if we look like a bunch of third world refugees just off the boat
it probably pains them to pay for "uniforms" for us
their having a laugh at our expense (almost certainly not at theirs)
they are extracting urine mate can't you see it
Royal Mail provides a FREE uniform so you should wear it. Anyone that wears out their own clothes and shoes doing this job then tries to justify it with excuses like "I wanna look good" or "I don't like it" is a mug plain and simple.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
What is the theory behind "Managers?" wearing their own cheap n crumpled shirt n tie etc?
A lot of other uniformed services have uniformed Managers, is it because they think they may be mistaken for a Postie and asked to do some work?
It is of course easy to Identify "Management?" because their normaly sat in the office with their feet up, drinking Tea!
A lot of other uniformed services have uniformed Managers, is it because they think they may be mistaken for a Postie and asked to do some work?
It is of course easy to Identify "Management?" because their normaly sat in the office with their feet up, drinking Tea!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8958
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
soCaneil you reckon it's irrelevant our view on the new "uniform" fortunately i work in an MC and dont have to face the public wearing the latest piss take from RM .......you must be very easily pleased with your attire.I can imagine what it will be like walking through some of our inner cities in the dark evenings on your way to work and being spotted by some of the "young team" wearing your bright new RED FLEECE! then there will be more than RM taking the piss
i'm quite sure they will show the same level of "Dignity & RESPECT" that RM has. 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
C'mon now, it could be a lot worse, I mean it could have been a lilac fleece and purple keks
actually.....................
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
dvbuk55 wrote:C'mon now, it could be a lot worse, I mean it could have been a lilac fleece and purple keksactually.....................
Once you wash the one we have just now a few times you end up with.....a lilac fleece and purple keks.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: The new uniform?
I thought purple was a royal colourdvbuk55 wrote:C'mon now, it could be a lot worse, I mean it could have been a lilac fleece and purple keksactually.....................
as in 'you look like a royal prick in those purple trousers'
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
No, no, no DGP 'it looks like, it! not you" honestly!DGP1 wrote:I thought purple was a royal colourdvbuk55 wrote:C'mon now, it could be a lot worse, I mean it could have been a lilac fleece and purple keksactually.....................
![]()
as in 'you look like a royal prick in those purple trousers'![]()
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: The new uniform?
dvbuk55 wrote:No, no, no DGP 'it looks like, it! not you" honestly!DGP1 wrote:I thought purple was a royal colourdvbuk55 wrote:C'mon now, it could be a lot worse, I mean it could have been a lilac fleece and purple keksactually.....................
![]()
as in 'you look like a royal prick in those purple trousers'![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
I can appreciate some colleagues aren't willing to pay out for their own kit, that's their choice (and there's no right or wrong point of view) However in the Forces they've got a saying, "Any **** can rough it!".
Used to get the same argument then, but if you're out in the shitty rain all day just saying, "They issued it and I'm going to wear it!" doesn't keep you dry.
Yanks used to have a saying, "Remember your equipment has been supplied by the lowest bidder" same goes for us Royal Fail can't afford to issue us with decent kit.
Used to get the same argument then, but if you're out in the shitty rain all day just saying, "They issued it and I'm going to wear it!" doesn't keep you dry.
Yanks used to have a saying, "Remember your equipment has been supplied by the lowest bidder" same goes for us Royal Fail can't afford to issue us with decent kit.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
You can be so cruel DGPDGP1 wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:No, no, no DGP 'it looks like, it! not you" honestly!DGP1 wrote:I thought purple was a royal colourdvbuk55 wrote:C'mon now, it could be a lot worse, I mean it could have been a lilac fleece and purple keksactually.....................
![]()
as in 'you look like a royal prick in those purple trousers'![]()
![]()
TBH who'd even see it
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: The new uniform?
Thank youdvbuk55 wrote:You can be so cruel DGPDGP1 wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:No, no, no DGP 'it looks like, it! not you" honestly!DGP1 wrote:I thought purple was a royal colourdvbuk55 wrote:C'mon now, it could be a lot worse, I mean it could have been a lilac fleece and purple keksactually.....................
![]()
as in 'you look like a royal prick in those purple trousers'![]()
![]()
TBH who'd even see it
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: The new uniform?
The fleece could be bright purple with pink dots all over it for all I care, it's a uniform that's provided FREE and serves a purpose that purpose being to get worn out from all the work I do rather than my own clothes and shoes getting worn out. I work on deliveries so I don't walk to work in the evenings it also means that due to the amount work I do I wear out trousers, shorts and shoes quite fast. I used to wear my own trainers on delivery when I first started but quickly stopped when the soles were getting worn out after a month. However standing round in a MC sorting packets or reading The SUN next to the LSM isn't going to wear out a pair of jeans or trainers any time soonblue1873 wrote:soCaneil you reckon it's irrelevant our view on the new "uniform" fortunately i work in an MC and dont have to face the public wearing the latest piss take from RM .......you must be very easily pleased with your attire.I can imagine what it will be like walking through some of our inner cities in the dark evenings on your way to work and being spotted by some of the "young team" wearing your bright new RED FLEECE! then there will be more than RM taking the pissi'm quite sure they will show the same level of "Dignity & RESPECT" that RM has.