taurus88 wrote:Loads of d2ds left over in our office, sometimes deliberately. No-one cares. As far as I can remember I did all my d2ds this week but still had 40-odd left over of each. Some houses may even have got twice over because I was that concerned by how many extra I had. They're supposed to be exact but I'm not convinced - I've been keeping more and more stringent notes on the houses I have and haven't done and by my reckoning I've done all bar the six abandoned houses (which I've done five times - just kidding) on my walk. Really pisses me off. I've got four lots next week and I don't know how I'm going to do them. Don't think I'll do any on Monday, then I'll put two-sixths out on Tuesday and one sixth every day thereafter.
Makes more sense to do 2/6s on monday and none on tuesday if that is the way you want to do it, 2 reasons why.
1, Will involve less cold calling to houses without "proper mail "
2, Will not leave you open for a over zelous willfull delay conduct charge.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Apparently if we have any excess D2D we are to carry them over to the next week and just deliver them randomly to get rid of them, because there is no way of returning them any more.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Straight4ward wrote:If you're taking them POSTMAN, can I send you some of mine?
waste_paper_b.jpg
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
woofwoof wrote:wait till next week its the first bank holiday week since we stopped getting paid for d2d i think the returns might double
Well now it IS the end of the bank holiday week, and i just left my office, Sat PM , one of the last...............counted approx 150 d2d still in slots for Monday delivery. Hiding failures again . dont tell top management, our local DOMS may get bollocked huh? But if we fail to do lapsing..........................
ashadd wrote:Just wondering, now that d2d is in our workload ,am i right in thinking that because they should all be delivered there should be no returns?
Are you saying that when the weren't in the workload you didn't need to deliver them, and could return them?
Before they all had to be delivered in my office, and now they all have to be . . . delivered. There is no change whatsoever except the amount and size is ridiculous.
ashadd wrote:Just wondering, now that d2d is in our workload ,am i right in thinking that because they should all be delivered there should be no returns?
Are you saying that when the weren't in the workload you didn't need to deliver them, and could return them?
Before they all had to be delivered in my office, and now they all have to be . . . delivered. There is no change whatsoever except the amount and size is ridiculous.
Isn't that the whole point?
Before the cap was lifted, it was possible to deliver them all in time, but now it isn't always possible, during a Bank Holiday week.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
ashadd wrote:Just wondering, now that d2d is in our workload ,am i right in thinking that because they should all be delivered there should be no returns?
Are you saying that when the weren't in the workload you didn't need to deliver them, and could return them?
Before they all had to be delivered in my office, and now they all have to be . . . delivered. There is no change whatsoever except the amount and size is ridiculous.
There appears to be some confusion over 2 issues here.
Under the old scheme we had 5 days to deliver D2Ds and items should not have been returned without a reasonable cause. However, this was generally ignored and loads of them were returned. This had an effect on RM having to pay compensation and D2D companies not giving us the contracts.
Under the new scheme the administration of returns has been tightened up and now individual walks returned D2Ds have to be identified and reasons for failure passed down the line. However, this has nothing to do with "D2Ds into workload" per see its just a change in their process.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
individual walks returned D2Ds have to be identified and reasons for failure...........from 2 posts above........................But they aint being reported management are binning them/delivering them the next week.
Its classed as sensitive waste at my DO, and treated acordingly......so its just gets incinerated and leaves no evidence of the feckin shambles it all is...
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.