
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part timers and Double amount of D2D's
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Part timers and Double amount of D2D's

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Part timers and Double amount of D2D's
I don't think anyone's annoyed MentalVortex and the fact that you now understand the "delivery supplement" a bit better and therefore feel better about it means that POSTMAN'S life has been worthwhile.MentalVortex wrote: I'm just having a laugh here thinking that while you're getting all annoyed, I now actually don't mind as much about the whole D2D thing, having read the last couple of posts. Cheers
Until the "pro rata" lump sums arrive.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Part timers and Double amount of D2D's
I am a proud man.fishtank wrote:I don't think anyone's annoyed MentalVortex and the fact that you now understand the "delivery supplement" a bit better and therefore feel better about it means that POSTMAN'S life has been worthwhile.MentalVortex wrote: I'm just having a laugh here thinking that while you're getting all annoyed, I now actually don't mind as much about the whole D2D thing, having read the last couple of posts. Cheers![]()
![]()
Until the "pro rata" lump sums arrive.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Part timers and Double amount of D2D's
Well thanks for popping in vortex see you again next millenium thenMentalVortex wrote:Might be like Groundhog Day to someone who has nothing better to do with their life than sit on a forum about their workplace every day. I come in here once in a blue moon and have a quick look around (I say once in a blue moon, I think I've been on here about three times in total). So, it's not like Groundhog Day to me. In fact, I'm just having a laugh here thinking that while you're getting all annoyed, I now actually don't mind as much about the whole D2D thing, having read the last couple of posts. Cheers
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Part timers and Double amount of D2D's
A Thought on D2D Payments (or not as the case may be).
I was recently checking the addresses who had requested "NO CRAP", on a colleagues D2D sheet. He had may more stickers on his frame indicating "NO CRAP".
Turns out they were his own private arrangement with the customers on his round
When he was getting paid per DP he didn't want to lose out by too many "Opt Outs".
Now we're on a flat rate it might be better if your customers did "Opt Out".
Anyone remember the story of the Postie who got into trouble for photocopying the Opt Out paperwork and D2Ding to all his customers?
I was recently checking the addresses who had requested "NO CRAP", on a colleagues D2D sheet. He had may more stickers on his frame indicating "NO CRAP".
Turns out they were his own private arrangement with the customers on his round
Anyone remember the story of the Postie who got into trouble for photocopying the Opt Out paperwork and D2Ding to all his customers?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Part timers and Double amount of D2D's
I had a laugh today when doing part of another round as overtime...
We now have a new 17% instruction that expects us to deliver D2D by columns Mon-Sat (just the third column on a Tuesday, most days take two columns), only this walk I went to had its own "local agreement" of no D2D on Saturdays and Rows being used instead of columns (no note as such at frame, just an "intresting" edit of the supplied table).
As the section I was doing involved none of the third column, I promptly removed the "local agreement" where I had been given D2D material (prepped) for every house on my row!
Its all very well have your own local agreement with your "floating day off cover," but I'll be damned if I'm going to take out all of a day's D2D when at least two others have done sections of this walk as overtime, especially when the proper arrangement shows I clearly am not respoonsible for delivering such material for the bit I was asked to deliver...
We now have a new 17% instruction that expects us to deliver D2D by columns Mon-Sat (just the third column on a Tuesday, most days take two columns), only this walk I went to had its own "local agreement" of no D2D on Saturdays and Rows being used instead of columns (no note as such at frame, just an "intresting" edit of the supplied table).
As the section I was doing involved none of the third column, I promptly removed the "local agreement" where I had been given D2D material (prepped) for every house on my row!
Its all very well have your own local agreement with your "floating day off cover," but I'll be damned if I'm going to take out all of a day's D2D when at least two others have done sections of this walk as overtime, especially when the proper arrangement shows I clearly am not respoonsible for delivering such material for the bit I was asked to deliver...