ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Undelivered D2D

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sareknees
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Sep 2008, 20:09
Gender: Female
Location: At the front door to The Priory

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by sareknees »

1/6 a day :Very Happy :nana :Applause cwu "blinder"
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by dblad »

I get loads extra every week, I'm checking all the time to see if I've missed somewhere.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by Stormproof »

We've yorks of undelivered D2D's, the managers get some poor old sod to sort them out a couple of times a week (ie tray them up all nice and neat), they have'nt told him yet that when he goes out on his delivery they then get someone to throw them in the skip, not the recycling one though :hmmmm
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by music4essex »

Week before last, I had 2 D2d on the monday, Come tuesday another one arrived said to lino, why are these late and I then said who is going to deliver them , she said you, i said no as in agreement if late they are do be done by someone else :arrrghhh she walked away. come the end of the week i did not put the sheet in that i normally sign.

She never came back to me and the mondays D2d never got delivered. :nana

I am off for 4 weeks now

Essex mum
bexhil palace
Posts: 505
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
Gender: Male
Location: All over the Gaff

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by bexhil palace »

Same as our office, loads of D2D's left undelivered, managers don't give a monkies, as soon as you mention anything about them, the same old blank look decends over the face, and a shuffling of feet occurs. :no no
To be honest we will be lucky to get any soon, if the apathy shown by the management continues,the companies will simply go elsewhere.
That may be music to some ears, but if they do go ,so will our payment. :hmmmm
Postman Plodd
Posts: 596
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
Gender: Male

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by Postman Plodd »

bexhil palace wrote:but if they do go ,so will our payment. :hmmmm
I thought that the payment had nowt to do with D2D seeing as "we arent paid for D2D anymore" or does this only apply when it benefits management?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by POSTMAN »

D2D's wont go and neither will the del supp.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
bexhil palace
Posts: 505
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
Gender: Male
Location: All over the Gaff

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by bexhil palace »

Postman Plodd wrote:
bexhil palace wrote:but if they do go ,so will our payment. :hmmmm
I thought that the payment had nowt to do with D2D seeing as "we arent paid for D2D anymore" or does this only apply when it benefits management?
Sorry didnt make myself clear.
I know that we don't get a direct payment for D2D's,but if the contracts dissapear, i think it's fair to say RM will be looking at the new supplement.
After all,we were promised that the early shift allowence was ringfenced, well i wouldn't trust RM to ever stand by what they say.
jockstrapp
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 970
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
Gender: Male

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by jockstrapp »

Is the agreement not for just three years? Then the supplement will be withdrawn...............watch this space. :no no :no no :no no
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by fishtank »

jockstrapp wrote:Is the agreement not for just three years? Then the supplement will be withdrawn...............watch this space. :no no :no no :no no
Anything's possible jock,maybe the CWU will play a blinder and get it into basic pay...maybe not.One thing is for sure nobody can come onto this forum and guarantee anything...not even Dave Ward because once we are privatised.....anything goes and so might this.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by Martin Walsh »

jockstrapp wrote:Is the agreement not for just three years? Then the supplement will be withdrawn...............watch this space. :no no :no no :no no
Wrong the supplement is now a permanent addition to basic pay. If you say the agreement is only 3 years and everything changes back then what happens to the 3 pay rises , the shorter working week , door to door , the 39 hour week or early starts or mail centres closing do they all turn back again as the agreement is for 3 years.
jockstrapp
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 970
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
Gender: Male

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by jockstrapp »

dingo wrote:
jockstrapp wrote:Is the agreement not for just three years? Then the supplement will be withdrawn...............watch this space. :no no :no no :no no
Wrong the supplement is now a permanent addition to basic pay. If you say the agreement is only 3 years and everything changes back then what happens to the 3 pay rises , the shorter working week , door to door , the 39 hour week or early starts or mail centres closing do they all turn back again as the agreement is for 3 years.
Nope I never said we change back again but I do believe RM will find some excuse to stop the supplememnt atherwise why was it not made part of out pensionable pay???????????????????????
jockstrapp
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 970
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
Gender: Male

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by jockstrapp »

jockstrapp wrote:
dingo wrote:
jockstrapp wrote:Is the agreement not for just three years? Then the supplement will be withdrawn...............watch this space. :no no :no no :no no
Wrong the supplement is now a permanent addition to basic pay. If you say the agreement is only 3 years and everything changes back then what happens to the 3 pay rises , the shorter working week , door to door , the 39 hour week or early starts or mail centres closing do they all turn back again as the agreement is for 3 years.
Nope I never said we change back again but I do believe RM will find some excuse to stop the supplememnt atherwise why was it not made part of out pensionable pay???????????????????????
Sorry about the spelling mistakes :coolr :coolr :coolr
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dingo wrote:
jockstrapp wrote:Is the agreement not for just three years? Then the supplement will be withdrawn...............watch this space. :no no :no no :no no
Wrong the supplement is now a permanent addition to basic pay. If you say the agreement is only 3 years and everything changes back then what happens to the 3 pay rises , the shorter working week , door to door , the 39 hour week or early starts or mail centres closing do they all turn back again as the agreement is for 3 years.
The reason why people think it wont exist beyond the 3 years of the agreement is because of this passage on page 60 of it.
The supplement will increase in value as agreed in basic pay rises. It will flow through in 2011 and 2012.
Not very well worded and certainly gives the impression that it "may not flow through after 2012"
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Undelivered D2D

Post by taurus88 »

Loads of d2ds left over in our office, sometimes deliberately. No-one cares. As far as I can remember I did all my d2ds this week but still had 40-odd left over of each. Some houses may even have got twice over because I was that concerned by how many extra I had. They're supposed to be exact but I'm not convinced - I've been keeping more and more stringent notes on the houses I have and haven't done and by my reckoning I've done all bar the six abandoned houses (which I've done five times :wink: - just kidding) on my walk. Really pisses me off. I've got four lots next week and I don't know how I'm going to do them. Don't think I'll do any on Monday, then I'll put two-sixths out on Tuesday and one sixth every day thereafter.