So believing in a benevolent zombie is OK then?! lol
Nothing wrong in believing in Bill Gates, despite all denigration from the Apple loving geeks, I tell ya!
Anyway April, you can't fool us, we know who you worship; The Egyptian Cat God - the Goddess Bastet (aka Bast) and the Goddess Sekmet
The history of the Egyptian cat god achieved cult status due to the rise of the city of Bubastis in the eastern Delta during the 22nd dynasty. The goddess adopted by the city was Bastet who was depicted with the body of a woman and the head of a cat, or lioness. The symbols of the Egyptian cat goddess Bastet were the cat, lioness, sistrum and Udjat (the Eye of Horus). The feline goddess Bastet was worshipped as the life giving god of fire, cats, the home and pregnant women. In Egyptian religion the evil counterpart of Bastet was the goddess Sekhmet who represented the destructive force of the feline and worshipped as the goddess of war and pestilence.
Perhaps not all religion but the Christian right in America is a little loopy:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Wessex wrote:In the seventies I remember a sign on a farm near Bursledon saying we feed our pigs on Jehovah's Witnesses, I wonder if they have updated it.
I would point out that I am a God -fearing atheist.
Wessex wrote:In the seventies I remember a sign on a farm near Bursledon saying we feed our pigs on Jehovah's Witnesses, I wonder if they have updated it.
Amazingly I googled this and there is a link to a 2006 Mail on Sunday story, although the sign now refers to a dog .Either I m totally sclerotic or they are telling pork pies lol
When my friend from America was over visiting, he was telling us about when he sees the Jehovah's Witnesses starting to canvass on his street. He gets out his rifle, stands in the window and starts assembling it. Apparently they never knock at his door?!
Last time we had a lot round, I told them there was no point trying to convert me because I didn't believe what they did, although I had the utmost respect for their beliefs, so we stood there talking about the front garden...
My Gran was a bugger for standing on the doorstep talking to them. They used to try and get me too but I used to argue with them. "An eye cannot see until it has been perfectly formed. God gave us these eyes... "blah blah blah one old lady said to me. I was doing an A Level in Human Biology at the time and I just started arguing about evolution and talking about genetics. She wasn't happy.