ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Conflict of Interest?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Conflict of Interest?

Post by TeeferTiger »

DemonPostie wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:I know there's a supplement for office supervisor and work place coach... is he either of these? Both of these are technically above posties and below management.

I don't think he's a work-place coach (as I haven't seen him talk to a newb once, myself included...), so maybe an office supervisor?

He's also in an hour and a half early every morning... w****r.

But anyhow, can you be office super and rep at the same time?
Office supervisor is merely to make sure any problems are covered when there's no manager there.



And thanks for the info about WPC and pro rata payments... does that work for all my pro rata bonuses too?! lol I dunno who I should even get in touch with about the WPC stuff. Seems unfair to land it on my current DOM when I'm sort of technically only on loan there to cover maternity leave until next year. Then I should be returning to the office where I was made WPC in the first place.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
ass asin
Posts: 157
Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Conflict of Interest?

Post by ass asin »

i personally think having a rep to do the wpc stuff is ideal. u get properly trained staff doing it the cwu way and properly protected members when it comes down to all this bsi stuff. :wink:
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Conflict of Interest?

Post by Straight4ward »

i personally think having a rep to do the wpc stuff is ideal.
Clearly, that depends upon the rep. If you wanted training on how to be a flyer, and how to cut every corner possible, then the rep in our office would be your man.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
ass asin
Posts: 157
Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Conflict of Interest?

Post by ass asin »

Straight4ward wrote:i personally think having a rep to do the wpc stuff is ideal.

Clearly, that depends upon the rep. If you wanted training on how to be a flyer, and how to cut every corner possible, then the rep in our office would be your man.
im sorry to hear that straight4ward unfortunately there is good and bad everywhere, just remember them when it comes to the next election.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Conflict of Interest?

Post by TeeferTiger »

ass asin wrote:i personally think having a rep to do the wpc stuff is ideal. u get properly trained staff doing it the cwu way and properly protected members when it comes down to all this bsi stuff. :wink:
I'm not a CWU rep but I do train my new starters to know their rights. They know what breaks they're entitled to. They know they're allowed to say no (except to me mwah ha ha). They know not to take stuff home etc etc.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?