ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sign Nothing

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by Straight4ward »

REAP_Deadman_Walking-front-large.jpg
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I presume that when all these extra vans appear for the "Great Van Sharing Experience" then RM will be begging people to take their vans home because there's not going to be anywhere to park them at the DO? :crazy:

Because most of our colleagues are Brain Dead they'll probably just say, "Of course I'll take take your Big Red Van home and take up an extra parking space in my already crowed residential street!" I've always been against Commercial Vehicles being allowed to park in residential areas, the Local Council should sort it out! Most companies use the old tried tested method of,"It'll be more convenient for you as you can use the van to get to work etc." Tends to annoy your neighbours though when you have 7.5 ton trucks and artic units parked in your street! : :mad

I'll agree to take their van home when they agree to pay ME some money! How much are NCP charging for overnight parking nowadays? :whistle
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by krussel »

My home life and RM are very separate and ive every intention of keeping them that way so the van stays at the office. What if a throw a days sick i will then worry about the van.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by TeeferTiger »

The only reason I take a van home is because they won't pay me mileage to go the 56 mile round trip to get to the D.O. they want me to work at atm.

I've no problem with that and I park it sightly down the road, not outside someone's house (although you don't own the road outside your house anyway!)
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by krussel »

Aprilaydee wrote: 56 mile round trip

Bugger that April :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by TeeferTiger »

krussel wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote: 56 mile round trip

Bugger that April :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The only problem I have with it is it's all country lanes (pretty much) and I'm so stressed about hitting an animal (seriously!).

I cried my eyes out for about 16 miles after I hit a blackbird a couple of months ago. It started to fly off and for some reason flew in front of the transit. :cry

Soft bugger me I am :oops:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by krussel »

Aprilaydee wrote:
krussel wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote: 56 mile round trip

Bugger that April :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The only problem I have with it is it's all country lanes (pretty much) and I'm so stressed about hitting an animal (seriously!).

I cried my eyes out for about 16 miles after I hit a blackbird a couple of months ago. It started to fly off and for some reason flew in front of the transit. :cry

Soft bugger me I am :oops:
My drive to work is through some countryside and in the spring there is a rabbit warren on a bend and a lot of the young ones have not learned to fear the road. Sadly i see the results of road kill most days in the early part of the year :sad: I slow right down myself but they panic and run straight out and i have still run over 3 in the last 5 years. I dont feel all that good about it :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by TeeferTiger »

krussel wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
krussel wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote: 56 mile round trip

Bugger that April :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The only problem I have with it is it's all country lanes (pretty much) and I'm so stressed about hitting an animal (seriously!).

I cried my eyes out for about 16 miles after I hit a blackbird a couple of months ago. It started to fly off and for some reason flew in front of the transit. :cry

Soft bugger me I am :oops:
My drive to work is through some countryside and in the spring there is a rabbit warren on a bend and a lot of the young ones have not learned to fear the road. Sadly i see the results of road kill most days in the early part of the year :sad: I slow right down myself but they panic and run straight out and i have still run over 3 in the last 5 years. I dont feel all that good about it :sad:
With it being Wales, we have a lot of sheep and they, in turn have a lot of lambs. I've seen so many Ewes and lambs dead this year it's unbelievable. Lots of rabbits, badgers, couple of foxes and bird (birds of prey too).

Makes me very sad. I stopped to move cats out of the road a few times too. That's someone's pet ffs and no one's stopped to do anything about it. As you can imagine, I love cats so that gets me very upset.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by krussel »

Aprilaydee wrote:Makes me very sad. I stopped to move cats out of the road a few times too. That's someone's pet ffs and no one's stopped to do anything about it. As you can imagine, I love cats so that gets me very upset.

Yeah i know where your coming from with cats as ive got 3 and one is digging its claws in my leg as iam typing this :left:

I hate seeing cats at the side of the road and saw one about a month ago which had been left on the pavement. I could'nt face stopping though i would find it too upsetting unless i was sure it was still alive, horrible thought though :sad:

Anyway my spoilt brood want some tuna and too be put to bed :Very Happy

So i better offski, night :wave
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by REDLETTER »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I presume that when all these extra vans appear for the "Great Van Sharing Experience" then RM will be begging people to take their vans home because there's not going to be anywhere to park them at the DO? :crazy:

Because most of our colleagues are Brain Dead they'll probably just say, "Of course I'll take take your Big Red Van home and take up an extra parking space in my already crowed residential street!" I've always been against Commercial Vehicles being allowed to park in residential areas, the Local Council should sort it out! Most companies use the old tried tested method of,"It'll be more convenient for you as you can use the van to get to work etc." Tends to annoy your neighbours though when you have 7.5 ton trucks and artic units parked in your street! : :mad

I'll agree to take their van home when they agree to pay ME some money! How much are NCP charging for overnight parking nowadays? :whistle
Can't wait for the next Google Street View van to come round when that happens. I'll be spot the street without a RM van! :Very Happy
bag69
Posts: 297
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 19:52
Gender: Male

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by bag69 »

Been told when our vans come in that we will have to park our cars at the football stadium. Never mind that it is a half mile walk there. Dont we do enough walking at work??? Still better than the origional plan though. You can park your car where the van was parked. Until they were told a) wont there be 2 cars for most spaces. b) Where do we move the vans to? If brains were dynamite management could'nt blow up a crisp packet.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by Caniel »

Eric Cantona wrote:Just to clear up a few points here, they call them the park and loop cars in my office, not the Vans that drop your bags and do collections at present?
Plus the private cars are going to be removed from the DO car parks, RM does not have to cater for a car park for your private use.
People who have a licence has more priority over the ones that has no licence, therefore we were told the ones that don’t have a licence and the ones that do have a licence but REFUSE to drive MAY be shipped to other offices…
They aren't cars m8 they are vans, Vauxhall Combos. Not as big as the Transit vans or the LDV Maxus which are used at my office for the big packets and to drop off pouches at the moment.
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by Thorby Bislam »

Eric Cantona wrote:Just to clear up a few points here, they call them the park and loop cars in my office, not the Vans that drop your bags and do collections at present?
Plus the private cars are going to be removed from the DO car parks, RM does not have to cater for a car park for your private use.
That's going to seriously p1ss off a lot of guys at our DO. Not me, I've got one of them little chav scooters for getting into the cracker factory and back. It will inconvenience folk though because public transport isn't running at 6:00 am.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?