Penny dropped? well done sonLincox wrote:Well TB. I have been a trade unionist for nearly 30 years, and I am afraid that having read these threads together with the one on fixed term contracts and the way Royal Mail are treating workers that have many years service, I no longer have any faith that the CWU have it in them to represent the postal worker members fairly, and do not have the skills, imagination, fore thought to deal with the unscrupulous management that currently run Royal Mail, and for this reason I will be suspending my subscriptions forthwith, until there is a major change in the way CWU represent it,s paying members.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D Topic Number #583490202
-
smarterdarter
- Posts: 269
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 12:05
- Location: Location: Location:
Re: D2D Topic Number #583490202
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16741
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: D2D Topic Number #583490202
The prep time for one contract would be 6 mins/day - leaving you 12 minutes/day for cold calling.fishtank wrote:Only if you didn't prep it and took it out in bundles which is not ideal if you have something large/bulky but i do take your point that the times would be similar.clashcityrocker wrote:Does there come a time when it makes more sense to deliver one set of D2D/day?
If you've got 5 D2D items on a walk with 750 delivery points and a 90% call rate - the prep time allocated on a daily basis is 18 minutes.
Surely the extra cold-calling for that 10% could be less than 18 minutes/day, especially if that 10% can be identified at the start of the week, (Empty properties etc) as suggested in the guidelines anyway.
Would it not make sense then to deliver 1 set/day which would also allow greater control over the weights of bags?
However.......Royal Mail want the ability to flex either up or down and a 100% call rate doesn't allow for that.
That doesn't take into account extra time for extra bags or extra dead walking to and from pouch boxes.
I know 100% call rate doesn't suit RM. Why do you think I was suggesting it?
Truth is it probably wouldn't suit many posties either but where you have restrictions on bag weights, walks with a high call-rate would be better off doing one set/day.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D Topic Number #583490202
6 mins to prep a D2D into every slot on your frame?clashcityrocker wrote: The prep time for one contract would be 6 mins/day - leaving you 12 minutes/day for cold calling.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16741
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: D2D Topic Number #583490202
1 contract with 500 DP = 4mins. So
1 contract with 750 DP = 6mins. And I think that is more realistic than 5 sets in 18 minutes.
Prep it or don't prep it, personally I wouldn't, but they don't like you merging mail at the doorstep either.
That's irrelevant. Is there a good argument (time/bag weights) for doing one set of D2D/day?
The D2D guidelines basically say that the postie can do what they like as long as they are finished by the end of the week.
So if I want to do one set/day I can, but an agreed 100% call rate would be a wonderful thing.
1 contract with 750 DP = 6mins. And I think that is more realistic than 5 sets in 18 minutes.
Prep it or don't prep it, personally I wouldn't, but they don't like you merging mail at the doorstep either.
That's irrelevant. Is there a good argument (time/bag weights) for doing one set of D2D/day?
The D2D guidelines basically say that the postie can do what they like as long as they are finished by the end of the week.
So if I want to do one set/day I can, but an agreed 100% call rate would be a wonderful thing.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.