ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sign Nothing

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by fishtank »

Eric Cantona wrote:People who have a licence has more priority over the ones that has no licence, therefore we were told the ones that don’t have a licence and the ones that do have a licence but REFUSE to drive MAY be shipped to other offices…
Now that is true....
Q. What if an individual is unable to drive i.e. no driving licence or cannot drive for health reasons?

A. If there are employees in your unit that are unable to drive you will need to consider what other duty options are available. You may need to accommodate these employees on shared routes as a planned non driver. (There is a limit to the number of non drivers you can accommodate on shared deliveries. It is, therefore, recommended that this is not an option to employees that can drive but choose not to.) You should explore what other opportunities there are to accommodate the individual within your office. If individuals cannot be accommodated in your office, you may be able to accommodate them via a move to another unit within a reasonable distance, where suitable work is available. Where this is not possible an employee may effectively become surplus and in this instance you should take advice from your Regional ER/IR Manager.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by bensonhedge »

Eric Cantona wrote:Heard today that when these Postman Pat cars come in to force posties be aware, the DOM, is asking you to sign a piece of paper saying your willing to drive for RM, but what he is not telling you that if you’re a regular on a morning duty and a evening van driver throws a sickie and you have done a change over they will try fob you off on a evening duty.
Also they want you to sign that you will bring the car home and have it in a safe place, if its damage over night you are responsible and its conduct code road.
Be very careful what you sign, I know you want out of the office quick to do your walk, but READ FIRST….
cantona=bull shitting scare mongerer
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by krussel »

I really dont want a poxy RM van parked outside my house thanx :cuppa
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:I really dont want a poxy RM van parked outside my house thanx :cuppa
Yes you're right K, I mean it's a dead giveaway, I've told all the neighbours I'm a merchant banker :cuppa
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by Eric Cantona »

bensonhedge wrote:
Eric Cantona wrote:Heard today that when these Postman Pat cars come in to force posties be aware, the DOM, is asking you to sign a piece of paper saying your willing to drive for RM, but what he is not telling you that if you’re a regular on a morning duty and a evening van driver throws a sickie and you have done a change over they will try fob you off on a evening duty.
Also they want you to sign that you will bring the car home and have it in a safe place, if its damage over night you are responsible and its conduct code road.
Be very careful what you sign, I know you want out of the office quick to do your walk, but READ FIRST….
cantona=bull shitting scare mongerer
I'll make you eat those words Bensonhedge, your in for a shock you will see. They wanted us to sign work log sheets today about dangers on your walk and safety issues and today some some dicks signed a paper saying their HCT won't be left more than 5 minutes, then they moaned after and said how can we watch it every 5 minutes. Sign NOTHING....
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by REDLETTER »

Did Royal Mail pay for my driving lessons? And the Test!

I think not!

If they would like to refund my expenditure of the lessons and test then I would consider they have a reasonable request to ask me to drive a RM Van/Car

otherwise f*ck off! :speak to the hand
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by TeeferTiger »

REDLETTER wrote:Did Royal Mail pay for my driving lessons? And the Test!

I think not!

If they would like to refund my expenditure of the lessons and test then I would consider they have a reasonable request to ask me to drive a RM Van/Car

otherwise f*ck off! :speak to the hand
When I applied for the job, it was advertised as a driver, even though I had a walking round in the end.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by POSTMAN »

NEVER sign anything until it has been checked by your ADR,period!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by krussel »

dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:I really dont want a poxy RM van parked outside my house thanx :cuppa
Yes you're right K, I mean it's a dead giveaway, I've told all the neighbours I'm a merchant banker :cuppa
:left: :left: :left:

Once i finished work for the day, thats it ive finished, end of. I dont want to even think about it really other than to have a little bitch now and then on here. For me thats the beauty of RM you dont carry it around with you worring about deadlines and contracts etc. So the last thing i want when i open the curtains on a sunday morning is a stupid red van staring me in the face :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by TeeferTiger »

krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:I really dont want a poxy RM van parked outside my house thanx :cuppa
Yes you're right K, I mean it's a dead giveaway, I've told all the neighbours I'm a merchant banker :cuppa
:left: :left: :left:

Once i finished work for the day, thats it ive finished, end of. I dont want to even think about it really other than to have a little bitch now and then on here. For me thats the beauty of RM you dont carry it around with you worring about deadlines and contracts etc. So the last thing i want when i open the curtains on a sunday morning is a stupid red van staring me in the face :shock:
That's why I park it outside someone else's house... Give them the embarassment.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by Stormproof »

REDLETTER wrote:Did Royal Mail pay for my driving lessons? And the Test!

I think not!
They did pay for mine and a weeks wages :nana
If they want everyone to be drivers perhaps they should bring the RM driving instructors back :cuppa
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by krussel »

Aprilaydee wrote:
krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:I really dont want a poxy RM van parked outside my house thanx :cuppa
Yes you're right K, I mean it's a dead giveaway, I've told all the neighbours I'm a merchant banker :cuppa
:left: :left: :left:

Once i finished work for the day, thats it ive finished, end of. I dont want to even think about it really other than to have a little bitch now and then on here. For me thats the beauty of RM you dont carry it around with you worring about deadlines and contracts etc. So the last thing i want when i open the curtains on a sunday morning is a stupid red van staring me in the face :shock:
That's why I park it outside someone else's house... Give them the embarassment.
Now your talking. I wonder if i have any managers living near me. :nana
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by REDLETTER »

Stormproof wrote:
REDLETTER wrote:Did Royal Mail pay for my driving lessons? And the Test!

I think not!
They did pay for mine and a weeks wages :nana
If they want everyone to be drivers perhaps they should bring the RM driving instructors back :cuppa

Did they have someone walking in front with a red flag when you took your test! :crazy: :wink:
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by fishtank »

REDLETTER wrote: Did they have someone walking in front with a red flag when you took your test! :crazy: :wink:
:nervous :nervous :nervous :nervous
Image

This will not end well for you REDLETTER.....it's been nice knowing you. :wave :wave
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Sign Nothing

Post by Stormproof »

Revenge is a dish best served cold :wink:
Image
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum