ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

crap uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: crap uniform

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
What are the odds that in a future edition of the Courier there will be a picture of some 'postie' up Everest wearing a new coat :roll:
.....and holding up their copy of the Courier. :cuppa
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: crap uniform

Post by Straight4ward »

Billys Everest-publicity.jpg
"It's no good Billy. No one's going to believe it."
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: crap uniform

Post by DGP1 »

Straight4ward wrote:
Billys Everest-publicity.jpg
"It's no good Billy. No one's going to believe it."
Pity the poor Sherpa who'd have to caryy him up :shock: :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: crap uniform

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
Straight4ward wrote:
Billys Everest-publicity.jpg
"It's no good Billy. No one's going to believe it."
Pity the poor Sherpa who'd have to caryy him up :shock: :nervous
It wasn't Billy that sapped his strength it was the Bergens of pies that did for him - anyway where was Billys sidekick Davey - it does have a look of Brokeback Mountain in the distance.
adam79
Posts: 5
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 07:54
Gender: Male

Re: crap uniform

Post by adam79 »

Going back to the crap uniform, how long will a bright red jacket stay clean during winter? plus I hold a sa on the lorry's and just been told I don't need to wear the red jacket :)

Does any one find the trousers tight in the crutch or is it just me? any how I have not signed for my new uniform and not started to wear it, will IB take me away?
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: crap uniform

Post by stokes11eg »

Straight4ward wrote:
Billys Everest-publicity.jpg
"It's no good Billy. No one's going to believe it."
:shock: :shock: :shock: Thought I'd seen the last of this man, I'll be in a bad mood all night now, looking at (can't put in what I really want to here, as I know it would be 'moderated
mind you, a top of an empty mountain is the right place for him!
Pegman
Posts: 373
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
Gender: Male
Location: The Deep South

Re: crap uniform

Post by Pegman »

General Mannerheim wrote:
smelly_cat_lady wrote:How can mixing old and new uniform be 'not allowed' ?? Where does all this cr*p come from? What if you have a neighbouring DO that has new uniform and you don't? What a load of teabags. Just say your new one is in the wash - what they gonna do then?? Send you home?
Well we got told that IF you don't wear the new uniform your breaking elfImage and safety as apparently it's all been tested and conforms to the safety code blah blah :roll: and the IB will be stopping people and checking up :left: :shock: ,oh and your supposed to hand in your old uniform when the new one arrives.
Oh and the DOM said anybody in old uniform after next week will be sent home without pay.
Does that mean all of us who have been issued with the new uniform are breaking health & safety regulations then
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

100% United, 100% Unofficial
Pegman
Posts: 373
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
Gender: Male
Location: The Deep South

Re: crap uniform

Post by Pegman »

adam79 wrote:Going back to the crap uniform, how long will a bright red jacket stay clean during winter? plus I hold a sa on the lorry's and just been told I don't need to wear the red jacket :)

Does any one find the trousers tight in the crutch or is it just me? any how I have not signed for my new uniform and not started to wear it, will IB take me away?
No you're just bragging
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

100% United, 100% Unofficial
Pegman
Posts: 373
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
Gender: Male
Location: The Deep South

Re: crap uniform

Post by Pegman »

On the subject of Uniform, why do Royal Fail fork out all that money fo rnice embroidered logo's, then make us cover them up with HIVis vests ?
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

100% United, 100% Unofficial
Pegman
Posts: 373
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
Gender: Male
Location: The Deep South

Re: crap uniform

Post by Pegman »

Oh and these adverts are a pain in the ......
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

100% United, 100% Unofficial
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: crap uniform

Post by andy2007 »

adam79 wrote:Going back to the crap uniform, how long will a bright red jacket stay clean during winter? plus I hold a sa on the lorry's and just been told I don't need to wear the red jacket :)

Does any one find the trousers tight in the crutch or is it just me? any how I have not signed for my new uniform and not started to wear it, will IB take me away?
Actually, you're not ALLOWED to wear the red one in the Yard. You need a yellow Hi-Viz for when you're there. Because the yellow ones stand out more, against the colour of the Lorries.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: crap uniform

Post by Caniel »

Got my new uniform today and have been checking it all over, it's all looks okay except for the Cagoule, the zip is busted at the bottom so it comes undone all the time :hmmmm prolly just bad luck so I'll return it and ask for a new one. The trousers are nice, could do with pockets on both legs tho I reckon.