ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Savings plan disguised as revision.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by stokes11eg »

drb wrote:Sorry Stokes. Agreed to what?
:sad: Reas
d Steven100 post, reps agree to almost anything management say, regardless of what has been 'agreed; higher up!
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by drb »

Give us an example. In your experience?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by dvbuk55 »

drb wrote:You may be right there DVBUK, however let me tell you of these facts,(all of these where done in my own time). I have given advice to people "outside" of the business in the last 4 weeks :

Solicitor = Compulsary redundancy.Top firm in the city decided to "cull" it's fee earners. Trouble was the 4 they got rid of were all of ethnic origin,and longer services.

Receptionist = Turned up for work,given a redundancy letter at the minimum notice.Trouble was her job was being advertised BEFORE she was told

Care Worker : Dismissed because of a migraine.When I checked the other staff's records,no CRB checks and no employment contracts,(they transport foster children)

Clerk : Turned up for work...company gone!

Manual Worker : Dismissed for no apparent reason,(large bottle company). Turned out some who did not have visa's were on 60 pence an hour.

Retail : Large well known clothing shop changed someone's shift with no notice or collective agreement

Retail : Changed shift and job description,and put her in the frozen department even though they knew she had arthritis.(well know supermarket).

I am not here to "win arguments"...whats the point? These are facts.Whether you agree or not...who cares? Oh! and we can get into a political slagging match about trade unions if you want but again,this forum is about advice and help.It is about what WE can do,collectively. I promise you this,there are people on this forum who are scared,are being bullied,and are isolated. Just my thoughts...nothing more....



These are isoltaed incidents, what you were suggesting was a company policy to frigthen the children.
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by drb »

Sorry,how do you know they are isolated?

Anyone ring you lately about their terms and conditions?

Also no-one was frightening anybody.The list previously given is a common one amongst non represented workforces.

As stated if you don't agree with trade unions fine.

Anyway I am at the moment emailing one of the posts on here about fixed term contracts.They needed help.They are genuinley concerned about their job.Happy to do it. Happy to help anyone on this forum.
What I will not do is argue with manag....sorry!!!!!! Slip of the tongue!!!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by dvbuk55 »

drb wrote:Sorry,how do you know they are isolated?

Anyone ring you lately about their terms and conditions?

Also no-one was frightening anybody.The list previously given is a common one amongst non represented workforces.

As stated if you don't agree with trade unions fine.

Anyway I am at the moment emailing one of the posts on here about fixed term contracts.They needed help.They are genuinley concerned about their job.Happy to do it. Happy to help anyone on this forum.
What I will not do is argue with manag....sorry!!!!!! Slip of the tongue!!!
:no no
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by drb »

I was out of order DVBUK..off to the naughty corner for me!!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by fishtank »

drb wrote: What I will not do is argue with manag....sorry!!!!!! Slip of the tongue!!!
Behave yourself drb or i will have to rethink my opinion of you.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by dvbuk55 »

drb wrote:I was out of order DVBUK..off to the naughty corner for me!!
Don't be daft drb - I never take offence at anything, but I would have to say I am not and have never been a Manager at RM. We will have to agree to differ on the role of the union in the 21st century, people like you do a sterling job and I would be the first to admit that - it is the national organisation that requires an overhaul and needs to recognise that the role of the local rep needs much more support. :wave
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by drb »

No probs mate. I think we are all pissed off at the moment. I remember when the Way Forward was being discussed. Nothing was fed down bar the odd union meeting. I think if we had some sort of "pipeline" to HQ to just be able to say "This is what they are doing..get it sorted!",we would feel a lot better. As it is offices just left to their own devices is just simply NOT working.
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by drb »

Behave yourself drb or i will have to rethink my opinion of you.
Sorry Fishtank! Back to the naughty corner again!
rockytony67
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 419
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 18:31
Gender: Male
Location: London Town

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by rockytony67 »

fishtank wrote:
drb wrote: What I will not do is argue with manag....sorry!!!!!! Slip of the tongue!!!
Behave yourself drb or i will have to rethink my opinion of you.

What are you his MinderImage

We all know he wants to be a Cockney, you as well :chuckle
Bravery isn’t not being afraid. Bravery is being afraid but doing it anyway
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by fishtank »

drb wrote:
Behave yourself drb or i will have to rethink my opinion of you.
Sorry Fishtank! Back to the naughty corner again!
I know you woudn't have called me a manager.....dvbuk :hmmmm now him i'm not so sure...he has that look about him. :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
drb
Posts: 1044
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by drb »

:left: :funneh
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
drb wrote:
Behave yourself drb or i will have to rethink my opinion of you.
Sorry Fishtank! Back to the naughty corner again!
I know you woudn't have called me a manager.....dvbuk :hmmmm now him i'm not so sure...he has that look about him. :chuckle
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle What you mean good looks and personality? :angel
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Savings plan disguised as revision.

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle What you mean good looks and personality? :angel
Well if rockytony is to be believed you were a bit of a looker in your younger days. :chuckle :chuckle


Image
Last edited by fishtank on 30 Jul 2010, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share