ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
WSM operators delivery supplement update
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
i think i might be bitter if i was operating a CSS machine in a M/C not tagged to a D.O. and only getting TPM.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
But you wouldn't be bitter because you are not tagged to a DO.fishtank wrote:i think i might be bitter if i was operating a CSS machine in a M/C not tagged to a D.O. and only getting TPM.
This is crazy s**t.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
I'd be bitter if i had wasted half my life in this sh*thole and watched my pension go up in smoke.....**** i'm bitter.POSTMAN wrote: But you wouldn't be bitter because you are not tagged to a DO.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
Ahhh something we agree on,i'll bookmark this thread for when i'm feeling nostalgic.fishtank wrote:I'd be bitter if i had wasted half my life in this sh*thole and watched my pension go up in smoke.....**** i'm bitter.POSTMAN wrote: But you wouldn't be bitter because you are not tagged to a DO.![]()
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
Bunch of whiners - I'm going for the WSMs when they come in then I can have yet another allowance without breaking into a sweat, maybe lossack about a bit and since the new legislation means I don't have to retire at 65, I will even have my old age pension, my two works pensions and a wage, who knows I may be able to afford beef on Sunday once a month
You two need to grow a pair and go for the burn

-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
Have to say i like that.dvbuk55 wrote:Bunch of whiners - I'm going for the WSMs when they come in then I can have yet another allowance without breaking into a sweat, maybe lossack about a bit and since the new legislation means I don't have to retire at 65, I will even have my old age pension, my two works pensions and a wage, who knows I may be able to afford beef on Sunday once a monthYou two need to grow a pair and go for the burn
![]()
![]()
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
AnnexeB
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 12:23
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
For those whingers who say CSS operators shouldnt get this money ????........they dont moan when they walk into their office of a morning, to find all their sequenced mail thrown in for them, saving them a good 20 mins a day. ??
Perhaps, when these walkers are on a flyer on a Tuesday or a Saturday, they would like to help us clean down the machines instead ???
We get, and deserve this supplement because we are prepping walks and D2Ds in our quiet periods.
Get a life !!
Perhaps, when these walkers are on a flyer on a Tuesday or a Saturday, they would like to help us clean down the machines instead ???
We get, and deserve this supplement because we are prepping walks and D2Ds in our quiet periods.
Get a life !!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
No....not yet but they will when the revision is done and that 20mins you are "saving" them is translated into either fewer jobs or more outdoor work....after the revision it will be Royal Mails saving not the OPGs....as far as how fair the delivery supplement is there are two separate arguments.AnnexeB wrote:.......they dont moan when they walk into their office of a morning, to find all their sequenced mail thrown in for them, saving them a good 20 mins a day. ??
1.It's in the agreement so you should get it....fine.
2.It should never have been in the agreement...the delivery supplement should have been limited to those who....deliver.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
dvbuk55 wrote:Bunch of whiners - I'm going for the WSMs when they come in then I can have yet another allowance without breaking into a sweat, maybe lossack about a bit and since the new legislation means I don't have to retire at 65, I will even have my old age pension, my two works pensions and a wage, who knows I may be able to afford beef on Sunday once a monthYou two need to grow a pair and go for the burn
![]()
![]()
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
stokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Bunch of whiners - I'm going for the WSMs when they come in then I can have yet another allowance without breaking into a sweat, maybe lossack about a bit and since the new legislation means I don't have to retire at 65, I will even have my old age pension, my two works pensions and a wage, who knows I may be able to afford beef on Sunday once a monthYou two need to grow a pair and go for the burn
![]()
![]()
He He but this government are now slashing benefits of all kinds, so your pension will be worth diddly squat, and then they will of course tax your pensions,-------
They already tax my pensions stokesy, and if the benefits/pensions are slashed I'll just have to sell my body for extra money - not a lot you can buy for 2p these days
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
but who will but you?
-
AnnexeB
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 12:23
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
fishtank wrote:No....not yet but they will when the revision is done and that 20mins you are "saving" them is translated into either fewer jobs or more outdoor work....after the revision it will be Royal Mails saving not the OPGs....as far as how fair the delivery supplement is there are two separate arguments.AnnexeB wrote:.......they dont moan when they walk into their office of a morning, to find all their sequenced mail thrown in for them, saving them a good 20 mins a day. ??
1.It's in the agreement so you should get it....fine.
2.It should never have been in the agreement...the delivery supplement should have been limited to those who....deliver.
No....not yet but they will when the revision is done and that 20mins you are "saving" them is translated into either fewer jobs or more outdoor work
Couldnt agree more.....but thats for the union to sort out isnt it ??
We can only do `as directed`. But we voted on what was offered. Personally, if i was a walker again, id be livid, not at who gets the delivery supplement, but the way D2D have been re-worked.
I asked one of the managers if the posties were getting extra time for prepping D2D, and he laughed and said "absolutely not". Why is the union letting them get away with this ???????? and why are posties spending more time whining what others are getting, instead of sticking together, and implementing this agreement for their own benefit ?????
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
You deserve a delivery supplement because you prep walks when you have nothing else to do? You're already getting night allowance and machine allowance, I assume you're getting paid that whilst you're throwing walks off yes?AnnexeB wrote:For those whingers who say CSS operators shouldnt get this money ????........they dont moan when they walk into their office of a morning, to find all their sequenced mail thrown in for them, saving them a good 20 mins a day. ??
Perhaps, when these walkers are on a flyer on a Tuesday or a Saturday, they would like to help us clean down the machines instead ???
We get, and deserve this supplement because we are prepping walks and D2Ds in our quiet periods.
Get a life !!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
I do hope so because I'm going for it - the more money for nothing the betterOnAFlyer wrote:You deserve a delivery supplement because you prep walks when you have nothing else to do? You're already getting night allowance and machine allowance, I assume you're getting paid that whilst you're throwing walks off yes?AnnexeB wrote:For those whingers who say CSS operators shouldnt get this money ????........they dont moan when they walk into their office of a morning, to find all their sequenced mail thrown in for them, saving them a good 20 mins a day. ??
Perhaps, when these walkers are on a flyer on a Tuesday or a Saturday, they would like to help us clean down the machines instead ???
We get, and deserve this supplement because we are prepping walks and D2Ds in our quiet periods.
Get a life !!
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
AnnexeB
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 13 Jun 2009, 12:23
- Gender: Male
Re: WSM operators delivery supplement update
You deserve a delivery supplement because you prep walks when you have nothing else to do?
Yes, in much the same way you get a delivery supplement for delivering extra D2D because you have time to do it. I assume you work a full 8 hour day ?
I find these arguments completely futile and childish, completely missing the point of any supplement. We get night allowance, because we work thru the night doing unsociable hours. But lets scrap that allowance eh ?? See how many would work nights then ???
As ive said before, i used to love being a walkin Postie, but the flyers and early starters (the real problem in my opinion) completely ruined the job, making it incredibly easy for RM to slowly erode away at an ability to earn a decent wage. Overtime gone, Schedule Attendance being phased out etc......
So absolutely no shame in trying to earn whats on offer for me.
I dont want any favours from no-one. An honest days pay for a hard days work, no more or less. I abide by my contract, and expect my employer to do the same, so when an agreement states i shall, on agreement, recieve a supplement, to have that, then recindedis deeply unfair.
Thankfully the Union have come thru on this .... but they really need to try and resolve the real enemy from within......the flyers/early starters.
Yes, in much the same way you get a delivery supplement for delivering extra D2D because you have time to do it. I assume you work a full 8 hour day ?
I find these arguments completely futile and childish, completely missing the point of any supplement. We get night allowance, because we work thru the night doing unsociable hours. But lets scrap that allowance eh ?? See how many would work nights then ???
As ive said before, i used to love being a walkin Postie, but the flyers and early starters (the real problem in my opinion) completely ruined the job, making it incredibly easy for RM to slowly erode away at an ability to earn a decent wage. Overtime gone, Schedule Attendance being phased out etc......
So absolutely no shame in trying to earn whats on offer for me.
I dont want any favours from no-one. An honest days pay for a hard days work, no more or less. I abide by my contract, and expect my employer to do the same, so when an agreement states i shall, on agreement, recieve a supplement, to have that, then recindedis deeply unfair.
Thankfully the Union have come thru on this .... but they really need to try and resolve the real enemy from within......the flyers/early starters.