I agree ,but it is hard to follow .I think the earlier i go in the earlier i finish ,but understand i should stick to rule go in on time take my break etcislfor wrote:SPOT ON M8fishtank wrote:The 1/6 per day guideline was for your own benefit to provide measured indoor workload for each day and avoid lapsing.
If you don't have the sense to see this then i am afraid you are beyond help.
About time some staff wake up + face reality, job + finish is well gone......do the D2D as it says on the tin + dont try + find a way to make it easier for them to find even more savings.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D rules about 1/6th a day
-
nadnerb99
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 10:03
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
-
Geezer
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1347
- Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 21:01
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
fishtank wrote:The 1/6 per day guideline was for your own benefit to provide measured indoor workload for each day and avoid lapsing.
If you don't have the sense to see this then i am afraid you are beyond help.
We had someone in my Office given a final warning that he would be conduct coded for willful delay because he left the dead calls for the day in the frame.
Frames are maked out into sections Mon to Sat, We have to do 1/6 a day and you have to dead walk as well if not your in the DO-DO. In my
Area it's taken very seriously.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
Not being applied in our office.
DOM "manage them yourselves"
DOM "manage them yourselves"
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
What your treated like adults, we can't be having thatchunk wrote:Not being applied in our office.
DOM "manage them yourselves"
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
thats one way of looking at it!gb93 wrote:What your treated like adults, we can't be having thatchunk wrote:Not being applied in our office.
DOM "manage them yourselves"
another is that management are ducking their responsibility to apply the guidelines
when it suits them.
potential problems?
eg "could you absorb today" "no im collating all my d2d ".
"your not supposed to do them all at once."
"Am i managing them or not "?
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
I think what DOM is saying is that we'll just carry on exactly how we did before.................except of course for the tiny detail that we now get bugger all for d2d's! Yep,call it treating them like adults if you want gb,i would say treating them like fools!gb93 wrote:What your treated like adults, we can't be having thatchunk wrote:Not being applied in our office.
DOM "manage them yourselves"
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
Payment has gone however we do them, I for one prefer to be able to make decisions for myself like an adult rather than been dictated too or having all choices taken away from me.bunkerland wrote:I think what DOM is saying is that we'll just carry on exactly how we did before.................except of course for the tiny detail that we now get bugger all for d2d's! Yep,call it treating them like adults if you want gb,i would say treating them like fools!gb93 wrote:What your treated like adults, we can't be having thatchunk wrote:Not being applied in our office.
DOM "manage them yourselves"
Now not had more than 3 d2d yet, so maybe this clouds my judgement but as many on here keep saying you only work 8 hours whatever the workload is and that I do agree with. I don't allow anyone to take me for a fool, but I am not my brothers keeper and can't stop others from being so if that's what they allow.
Don't believe anyone is by the way in office I work in, but accept some offices are.
But how many in these offices voted no to the agreement ?
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
jockstrapp
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 970
- Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
On 30hr duty, who is supposed to prep d2d me or the person who throws the letters in? and is there anywhere written which says one way or another. 
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
Do you get all your mail prepped injockstrapp wrote:On 30hr duty, who is supposed to prep d2d me or the person who throws the letters in? and is there anywhere written which says one way or another.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
No nothing is written down to identify who does the D2D prep.jockstrapp wrote:On 30hr duty, who is supposed to prep d2d me or the person who throws the letters in? and is there anywhere written which says one way or another.
30 Hour duty - unless you have a 6 hour walk then you should be prepping everything- at least at my DO you would.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
visigoth
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
Bad floaters!robbiet wrote:Our floaters don't take any D2D's and are not challanged! I'll be buggered if i am taking extra than my 1/6th just cause some lazy s**t can not be bothered to throw roughly 60 D2D's in!
I do 3 days a week in the sticks -- a small rural consisting of 3 deliveries. Effectively my entire purpose is facilitating 5 day weeks for the 3 "regulars". So over a week they do 5/6th D2D but get paid the full amount. If RM wants to "overpay" them, that's their lookout.
Last week they sent us a round robin, part of it was to remind us that traffic went down last year.
Another part was on "lapsed" D2D; the gist was "if you encounter any, you are responsible for picking it up".
There's a fair amount of leave ATM & they're struggling to cover. Today I was asked "can you do any extra shifts this week?", I replied "I'll get back to you".
I'm not due in again until Saturday. Tomorrow I'll say "I can do an extra shift. My preference would be Friday, but what's the score if there's 2-3 day's worth of D2D 'undone' by then?"
If the response is "then it would be up to you to pick it up" I may well say "in that case, you can poke it".
TTYL. Carry on.
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
robbiet wrote:Our floaters don't take any D2D's and are not challanged! I'll be buggered if i am taking extra than my 1/6th just cause some lazy s**t can not be bothered to throw roughly 60 D2D's in! 
a sixth in our office is at a least 90.
but i agree entirely with your post.
a sixth in our office is at a least 90.
but i agree entirely with your post.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
gb93 wrote:Payment has gone however we do them, I for one prefer to be able to make decisions for myself like an adult rather than been dictated too or having all choices taken away from me.bunkerland wrote:I think what DOM is saying is that we'll just carry on exactly how we did before.................except of course for the tiny detail that we now get bugger all for d2d's! Yep,call it treating them like adults if you want gb,i would say treating them like fools!gb93 wrote:What your treated like adults, we can't be having thatchunk wrote:Not being applied in our office.
DOM "manage them yourselves"
Now not had more than 3 d2d yet, so maybe this clouds my judgement but as many on here keep saying you only work 8 hours whatever the workload is and that I do agree with. I don't allow anyone to take me for a fool, but I am not my brothers keeper and can't stop others from being so if that's what they allow.
Don't believe anyone is by the way in office I work in, but accept some offices are.
But how many in these offices voted no to the agreement ?
Problem i see is that about 80% of our office are still doing their d2d in a manner designed to get them home well before their times,when the whole point of having them "introduced into measured workload" is to take us nearer our finishing time,protecting jobs etc! When the mail picks up in September ish,are these same people going to tell the manager that they've suddenly decided to take 1/6 of d2d a day just to avoid their lapsing? Having your cake and eating it springs to mind!
-
tommythreesheds
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 15:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
Quick question folks...............got in this morning to cover a day off......found out that the full timer had taken D2ds home to put together, so no D2ds left for me to cover my 20%. So he will now have to do all of them. What should i say in my defence tomorrow when it kicks off??? 
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D rules about 1/6th a day
Exactly what is said above IF it kicks offtommythreesheds wrote:Quick question folks...............got in this morning to cover a day off......found out that the full timer had taken D2ds home to put together, so no D2ds left for me to cover my 20%. So he will now have to do all of them. What should i say in my defence tomorrow when it kicks off???
But have a quiet word with duty holder first and explain to him any reasonable person wouldn't blame you and would just get on and do the d2d themselves realising it was their fault.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.