Sellout...clashcityrocker wrote:The Morning Star doesn't have a good crossword.fishtank wrote:
You read the guardian CCR?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door stepping.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Door stepping.
I put some items in sheds and other safe out of sight places for people then leave a card saying I have, I occasionally door step packets in the old people home because they have said it's okay as they find it difficult to get down town to the DO. I never as a rule door step items in view of the street, it's like an advert that none is home to any thieves mooching around.
-
LukeyBoy
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
On my first week I doorstepped a couple of things despite being told not to thought ah well I'm doing the customers a favour.Got into the office the next day "Hi Luke what were you told dont doorstep" I denied it........"Luke no point in denying it especially when you do it to your managers house!!"
Yeah so of course no more doorstepping from me!
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
Last week DHL doorstepped a customer who I know NOT to doorstep.Dom had me and driver in office with...its one of you,etc.You have to admit it,etc.When I said it was DHL,he said prove it,and when I said no you prove it,Ive been put on conduct code for disrepecting him!Also looks like a 2 year serious as well.Union as usual take a blind eye in our office.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Door stepping.
Get in touch with your area rep and ask your DIM for a grievance form. Innocent until proven guilty m8, if you told your DIM that it was left by another courier then that should have been good enough for him.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
Contact your customer as well,they may be able to back you up.sidewinder wrote:Last week DHL doorstepped a customer who I know NOT to doorstep.Dom had me and driver in office with...its one of you,etc.You have to admit it,etc.When I said it was DHL,he said prove it,and when I said no you prove it,Ive been put on conduct code for disrepecting him!Also looks like a 2 year serious as well.Union as usual take a blind eye in our office.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
itscurtains
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 10:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
Someone once told me (A Parcel Farce bloke)) this doorstepping is also called "signed for by LLOYD" Its the signature you put on the form. Damagers are too thick to know that its stands for LEFT LYING ON YOUR DOORSTEPPOSTMAN wrote:Go on............be honest.................do ya![]()
Decided to post this as i've been done today,not by us but by a catalogue courier,behind me wheelie bin with a note in me door.
If i'm honest,i do it now and again,not blatant like,mainly flats with time locks,we've got a lot of 4 flat buildings.
Never had a complaint yet,but tbh doesn't happen a lot.
Well
-
anTi
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
No, never doorstep.
If a packet was left then it must have been a driver
If a packet was left then it must have been a driver
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
Lounge Lizard wrote:Wife and daughter watching crap on the TV, I'm too knackered for gardening, so just delving into the dim and distant past for an idle hour or two.Straight4ward wrote:
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Door stepping.
Talk like that and you'll remind me of when I was young and fit ( pre RM )dvbuk55 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:Wife and daughter watching crap on the TV, I'm too knackered for gardening, so just delving into the dim and distant past for an idle hour or two.Straight4ward wrote:I would have someone of your calibre would have found something more
productive to do, so to speak.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
I never doorstep... purely so it gives them lazy tossers in the locker some work to do, I love the look on their little faces when i get back off delivery with a pouch full of pkts!
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
I hide stuff in peoples greenhouses, sheds etc ive even upturned empty flower pots to hide a small
packet beneath.
I never leave stuff in plain view and I always leave a note.
The key to all of this is knowing your walk and customers.
This is something RM top
managers dont rate, as accountants cant put a £ value on it.
packet beneath.
I never leave stuff in plain view and I always leave a note.
The key to all of this is knowing your walk and customers.
This is something RM top
managers dont rate, as accountants cant put a £ value on it.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
Customer has a long running dispute with r.m.Shes the one who started the ball rolling.POSTMAN wrote:Contact your customer as well,they may be able to back you up.sidewinder wrote:Last week DHL doorstepped a customer who I know NOT to doorstep.Dom had me and driver in office with...its one of you,etc.You have to admit it,etc.When I said it was DHL,he said prove it,and when I said no you prove it,Ive been put on conduct code for disrepecting him!Also looks like a 2 year serious as well.Union as usual take a blind eye in our office.
-
sidewinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 348
- Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Door stepping.
Had in wtl about this and no matter what its you or the driver who will get the brunt from now on.No proof needed with him.50/50 its one or other.Grievance against him which Ive done in the past really isnt the most senseible thing to do.Shitstorm springs to mind.Area rep backs up dim on this.Caniel wrote:Get in touch with your area rep and ask your DIM for a grievance form. Innocent until proven guilty m8, if you told your DIM that it was left by another courier then that should have been good enough for him.
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Door stepping.
sidewinder wrote:Customer has a long running dispute with r.m.Shes the one who started the ball rolling.POSTMAN wrote:Contact your customer as well,they may be able to back you up.sidewinder wrote:Last week DHL doorstepped a customer who I know NOT to doorstep.Dom had me and driver in office with...its one of you,etc.You have to admit it,etc.When I said it was DHL,he said prove it,and when I said no you prove it,Ive been put on conduct code for disrepecting him!Also looks like a 2 year serious as well.Union as usual take a blind eye in our office.
well why is the customer contacting RM about a DHL packet?