Is that a yes or a no?IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I queue to get a signature from the customer services section, whioch is usually a lot quicker than the booth queue, but sometimes both queues get slowed down horribly by detailed queries and not enough staff. If I'm supposed to be doing anything different, its another case of inferior training for the job, as I do precisely what the postie did on my "demo day" of the walk following re-sign.OnAFlyer wrote:You surely don't stand in queues when you're delivering?IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:10 minute waits to get a special signature in the bank
Businesses are there to serve their customers, we are not priority for them and I would not expect to be, as I'm not spending money! When deciding how big a walk should be involving shops, more fool the people deciding the walk size if they do not allow for the fact that deliveries of any sort can and often will take longer than residential.
Another classic on my walk is delivering to charity shops, of which there is ~6. The tills are often manned by staff and/or volunteers with no official uniform or ID badges, yet I have to give the mail to someone who is not a customer. I kid you not, its a fun job playing spot the staff/volunteer when nobody is at the till in many shops I deliver to!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
a lapsing debate
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: a lapsing debate
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: a lapsing debate
Of course it's not right,mail is being delayed in the order of savings!singingpostman wrote:We usally have to lapse only about once a week which I guess is'nt to bad, but often it happens on a day when time is tight to complete your own round, so we say sorry dont have time to lapse, we then get told by DOM, leave part of your round in order to do the part of the lapsed round, is this right ?, doesnt worry me particulary as I will only work my time regardless, but I have seen many comments on the forum where people have said they dont have time ,and they dont then do lapsing, just wondered if it's covered in the agreement anywhere ?
Needs to be flagged to your ADR asap!
What has your rep done about it?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: a lapsing debate
Don't queue for 10 minutes. That is not reasonable.dvbuk55 wrote:Is that a yes or a no?IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I queue to get a signature from the customer services section, whioch is usually a lot quicker than the booth queue, but sometimes both queues get slowed down horribly by detailed queries and not enough staff. If I'm supposed to be doing anything different, its another case of inferior training for the job, as I do precisely what the postie did on my "demo day" of the walk following re-sign.OnAFlyer wrote:You surely don't stand in queues when you're delivering?IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:10 minute waits to get a special signature in the bank
Businesses are there to serve their customers, we are not priority for them and I would not expect to be, as I'm not spending money! When deciding how big a walk should be involving shops, more fool the people deciding the walk size if they do not allow for the fact that deliveries of any sort can and often will take longer than residential.
Another classic on my walk is delivering to charity shops, of which there is ~6. The tills are often manned by staff and/or volunteers with no official uniform or ID badges, yet I have to give the mail to someone who is not a customer. I kid you not, its a fun job playing spot the staff/volunteer when nobody is at the till in many shops I deliver to!
When I'm in a Bank , PO etc , if Customer Services are not staffed then straight to the head of the queue and take the next teller. Other thing is look in the interview rooms; if staff are in there but no customer , then use them.
Last resort is to write a 739. That get's their attention.
Funnily enough the worst place seems to be the Doctors. You become invisible to the Receptionist as soon as you walk through the door
-
singingpostman
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22
Re: a lapsing debate
Thanks, lets be honest here and say I am no longer a member of the CWU so therefore its not really down to me to say anything to the rep, but from what I have seen he is happy to go along with it. And i am sure its obvious to you, but what is a ADR. I tend to go my own way with the DOM, so if this is wrong then I will tell him the next time he starts on lapsing, I think another member of staff did this the other week and got threatened with a conduct code for refusing a reasonable request. ThanksPOSTMAN wrote:Of course it's not right,mail is being delayed in the order of savings!singingpostman wrote:We usally have to lapse only about once a week which I guess is'nt to bad, but often it happens on a day when time is tight to complete your own round, so we say sorry dont have time to lapse, we then get told by DOM, leave part of your round in order to do the part of the lapsed round, is this right ?, doesnt worry me particulary as I will only work my time regardless, but I have seen many comments on the forum where people have said they dont have time ,and they dont then do lapsing, just wondered if it's covered in the agreement anywhere ?
Needs to be flagged to your ADR asap!
What has your rep done about it?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: a lapsing debate
Area Delivery Rep - it also in our Glossarysingingpostman wrote: but what is a ADR.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
singingpostman
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22
Re: a lapsing debate
Thanks but was the sarcasm neccasary !TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Area Delivery Rep - it also in our Glossarysingingpostman wrote: but what is a ADR.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: a lapsing debate
singingpostman wrote:Thanks but was the sarcasm neccasary !TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Area Delivery Rep - it also in our Glossarysingingpostman wrote: but what is a ADR.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Sarcasm - where
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.