ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Low quality redirection labels

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Low quality redirection labels

Post by BELIAL »

Mine has always been purple apart from the one time ,but the cream fixed it
Bye
Terry Butcher
Posts: 107
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:07
Gender: Male

Re: Low quality redirection labels

Post by Terry Butcher »

I actually prefer the new ones, the old ones were so sticky that if you accidentally caught one on your frame it would take a wallpaper scraper to get rid of! The glue on the new ones mean you can handle them better and it tends to bind with the paper and plastic of the letters/flats quite well if you apply a bit of pressure. It's the poor rubber bands get me, they are so crap that most posties in my office insist on new ones each day, which is quite a challenge in itself as they are like gold dust. It's like a mass easter egg hunt everyday to find a box of new bands and, are often eventually found in the most obscure places! I'm sure the managers play a game "Hide the bands box" early every morning before we get in!

By the way, has anyone else noticed "STD" printed in large letters on the side of the band boxes? What's all that about?! I knew the bands were sick but i guess i was ignorant to the extent of it! :Very Happy
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: Low quality redirection labels

Post by Thorby Bislam »

countyboy wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:Cheap labels, along with redirection bags so thin they tear open easily, smaller killer stickers, photocopied dockets/self cert sheets etc, rubber bands that snap after one use and trousers that turn purple in a couple of washes.

RM's penny pinching really does know no bounds.
I thought it was just me who had purple trousers !!!! Having lost so much weight in my seven months of heaven they no longer fit me either...Chances of getting more pairs anyone ? I know they wouldnt give me a new cap as I lost my first one (nicked !) and said they only way I could get one was via a manager.....Not to worry about sunstroke or anything :crazy:
Bad news. you only get 2 pairs per year.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
countyboy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 121
Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 17:48
Gender: Male

Re: Low quality redirection labels

Post by countyboy »

Bad news. you only get 2 pairs per year.[/quote]

Oh well have to just carry on with my purple people eaters and tighten my belt...Shouldnt be a problem till my belt no longer fits !!