Mr Blonde wrote:
Fair comment but this is all in response to someone who says that their aim is to do as little as possible for as much money as possible.
Well....considering the way both our employer and our union has treated us in the last few years could you really blame them?
They are after all only following the work ethics of the leaders of both organisations.
Mr Blonde wrote:
Fair comment but this is all in response to someone who says that their aim is to do as little as possible for as much money as possible.
Well....considering the way both our employer and our union has treated us in the last few years could you really blame them?
They are after all only following the work ethics of the leaders of both organisations.
about 1 hr 30 mins sorting and personally I don't do absorbing, each year when absorbtion starts I make sure I do everything to the book and finish on my time so I dont have time to absorb, if them arseholes thinks they are taking the piss out of me and getting me to work extra for free they can think again.
coxie wrote:about 1 hr 30 mins sorting and personally I don't do absorbing, each year when absorbtion starts I make sure I do everything to the book and finish on my time so I dont have time to absorb, if them arseholes thinks they are taking the piss out of me and getting me to work extra for free they can think again.
Do you not do the job by the book for the rest of the year then?
People sort,prep,walk,s**t,eat at different speeds!
With regard to absorption,don't forget,for ever part time you have in your office the absorption hrs aclock up and up and up...
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
coxie wrote:about 1 hr 30 mins sorting and personally I don't do absorbing, each year when absorbtion starts I make sure I do everything to the book and finish on my time so I dont have time to absorb, if them arseholes thinks they are taking the piss out of me and getting me to work extra for free they can think again.
Do you not do the job by the book for the rest of the year then?
Not all of it no, but with regards to start times and meal relief I do, I am referring to cutting corners such as garden hopping to make time, when they want me to absorb I walk up and down every path way and check the letters at the door step, this time all adds up which means no time for extra work :)
coxie wrote:about 1 hr 30 mins sorting and personally I don't do absorbing, each year when absorbtion starts I make sure I do everything to the book and finish on my time so I dont have time to absorb, if them arseholes thinks they are taking the piss out of me and getting me to work extra for free they can think again.
Do you not do the job by the book for the rest of the year then?
Not all of it no, but with regards to start times and meal relief I do, I am referring to cutting corners such as garden hopping to make time, when they want me to absorb I walk up and down every path way and check the letters at the door step, this time all adds up which means no time for extra work :)
Easy, 'aint it?
Absorption is for mugs, mugs who fly around trying to make an hour or two out of the job.
I hate to break it to you but "doing the job properly" is not a solution to lapsing.
For example
If you've got 15 full time staff with 3 hours indoor time allocated to each but only enough indoor work for 2 hrs 30 minutes then each of those full timers has 15 minutes spare.
15x30 = 7hr 30 spare = 1 walk lapsed.(or 2 if your DOM is a complete cnut)
No amount of walking up each garden path is going to change the fact that an office with a surplus of indoor hours is going to lapse.
That's what they mean by working all your hours.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Works fine for me. They want me to lapse, then just tell me what bit of my proper walk they want either brought back, or left in, because I don't do overtime, therefore, lapsing and myself are virtual strangers.
Their theories are all fine and dandy, but in practise, an altogether different kettle of fish.
From each according to his ability......................not everyone is work orientated, some are fast some aren't, some are short, some are tall - what a poorer place it would be if we were all the same - all that can be asked is that you do your best - however poor it may seem to others.
When you either have your self starter revision, or delivery methods revison or geo route revison or an intregrated walk sequencing revison then absorbtion should either reduce or cease.
The reason is that in the past revisons have been based on a model week which is normally the peak day of an average week which allows for flexing down in times when the traffic is reduced. In the future the idea is that revisons which be based on the lowest possible weeks traffic which means that revisons have to be flexed up.
It is therefore important that you understand which peiods you protentially have to flex up on Autumn pressure , end of financial year and of course Christmas.
It would be impossible to absorb that traffic by anyother means as extra hours within the office as quality of serivce would suffer. Remember when you set your IWT default from 100 BSI to what is a reasonable step then all the timings will be ajusted. Certainly we had a productive meeting with all the regional directors and DSMs in London today and we know that flexing up on the model week will not be a simple question of saying to an office you improve as the IWT can be adjusted and off course you also have the DPT.
In the future the idea is that revisons which be based on the lowest possible weeks traffic
Who's idea?........
How many guesses and is there a prize
And will there be a prize if you can guess what happens to the excess when the normal weeks traffic is evident? Which would be, well, normally I suppose
Dvbuk it will only mean that if an office allows that to happen.
Even then if you agree a revison say using a model week of say 50 000 and you agree the indoor workload tool and geo route and say you have set the tool at 70 or 80 or 90 or even an 100 how are the weeks when you may have a traffic increase of up to 20%, will you be able to compete your delivery without extra hours within the unit ? The DPT will evenutally be used as a weekly resoucing tool and the DPT is very similar to the IWT so will caluclate what traffic and hours you will be used including door to door.
Now Fishtank there are pro and cons with the model week being low and having to flex up. The down side is that you will have a starting based on less hours sp protentially using the various revison tools you will have less hours at the starting point , but the plus side is that you will have little or no aborsbtion , and you will be able to maxmise full time jobs within your starting base rather than allowing management to continue to laspe duties going forward and put more pressure on full time jobs. Equally you will have to have arrangements which ensure in the heavy periods that robust measures are in place including extra hours when traffic increases in the same way a lot of offices do now for christmas etc.