ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Surcharge a Family Member.
-
creedscat
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Royal mail is a buisness not a charity, thats the reality of it, yes it seems harsh but like the lady said if royal mail was to turn a blind eye to family/friends surcharges etc then not much profit making would be made would there??? bear in mind royal mail employ around well over 120,000 staff. Buisness is buisness people.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
No, and she's probably not done a days work for 26 years, drawn a fortune in pension payments over the years, gets free perscriptions, TV license, bus pass, etc. and then moans about this.Eric Cantona wrote:There is just no answer to that.Lounge Lizard wrote:Most 86 years olds have loads of money stashed under the matress so what's the problem ?
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
So how can buses all over the country give out FREE family passes, AA give out FREE family breakdown, and the R.A.C as well and many other organisations.creedscat wrote:Royal mail is a buisness not a charity, thats the reality of it, yes it seems harsh but like the lady said if royal mail was to turn a blind eye to family/friends surcharges etc then not much profit making would be made would there??? bear in mind royal mail employ around well over 120,000 staff. Buisness is buisness people.
Royal Mail is take, take, take nowadays.
Somebody else said on here they surcharged a family for a bereavement card how low can they stoop.
There is a perks in lots of jobs these days. I bet a road sweeper brings a brush head home every now and again or a pair of gloves for his garden. Yes I can see your point about business, but come on…
-
creedscat
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Eric Cantona wrote:So how can buses all over the country give out FREE family passes, AA give out FREE family breakdown, and the R.A.C as well and many other organisations.creedscat wrote:Royal mail is a buisness not a charity, thats the reality of it, yes it seems harsh but like the lady said if royal mail was to turn a blind eye to family/friends surcharges etc then not much profit making would be made would there??? bear in mind royal mail employ around well over 120,000 staff. Buisness is buisness people.
Royal Mail is take, take, take nowadays.
Somebody else said on here they surcharged a family for a bereavement card how low can they stoop.
There is a perks in lots of jobs these days. I bet a road sweeper brings a brush head home every now and again or a pair of gloves for his garden. Yes I can see your point about business, but come on…
You get free stamps dont ya?? so stop complaining.
Nah seriously, how generous can you get?? Its a buisness and profits affect jobs, thats the way the world works. You mentioned a family bereavement,funeral directors still charge you thousands to bury/cremate your loved ones dont they?? they wont do it for nothing as they would'nt have a buisness. There has to be a line drawn in any buisness, and royal mail runs on charging customers for delivery.
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Buses don't give FREE passes, that comes from the Government.Eric Cantona wrote:So how can buses all over the country give out FREE family passes, AA give out FREE family breakdown, and the R.A.C as well and many other organisations.creedscat wrote:Royal mail is a buisness not a charity, thats the reality of it, yes it seems harsh but like the lady said if royal mail was to turn a blind eye to family/friends surcharges etc then not much profit making would be made would there??? bear in mind royal mail employ around well over 120,000 staff. Buisness is buisness people.
Royal Mail is take, take, take nowadays.
Somebody else said on here they surcharged a family for a bereavement card how low can they stoop.
There is a perks in lots of jobs these days. I bet a road sweeper brings a brush head home every now and again or a pair of gloves for his garden. Yes I can see your point about business, but come on…
-
smelly_cat_lady
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
- Gender: Female
- Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Yes true but you don't work for the AA so.....................
take a straw fella and suck it up
take a straw fella and suck it up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
I will rephrase that then. If Mr X is a bus driver, the bus company gives Mrs X free travel and the family. stagecoach does anyway. I'm not on about the free 65 year old or 60 whatever age bus pass. Same with breakdown AA. R.A.C free roadside repair and recovery for the family.Mr Blonde wrote:Buses don't give FREE passes, that comes from the Government.Eric Cantona wrote:So how can buses all over the country give out FREE family passes, AA give out FREE family breakdown, and the R.A.C as well and many other organisations.creedscat wrote:Royal mail is a buisness not a charity, thats the reality of it, yes it seems harsh but like the lady said if royal mail was to turn a blind eye to family/friends surcharges etc then not much profit making would be made would there??? bear in mind royal mail employ around well over 120,000 staff. Buisness is buisness people.
Royal Mail is take, take, take nowadays.
Somebody else said on here they surcharged a family for a bereavement card how low can they stoop.
There is a perks in lots of jobs these days. I bet a road sweeper brings a brush head home every now and again or a pair of gloves for his garden. Yes I can see your point about business, but come on…
Seems to me a lot on here thinks Royal Mail was right to charge this guy. well everyone is entitled a opinion I suppose.
Just that the guy is a good mate of mine and I’m disgusted by it.
When I read postings on here I can see how the yes vote went through now. More seem to back Royal Mail rather than workers.
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
It's all in the old style £20 notes!Lounge Lizard wrote:Most 86 years olds have loads of money stashed under the matress so what's the problem ?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Or those white fivers.REDLETTER wrote:It's all in the old style £20 notes!Lounge Lizard wrote:Most 86 years olds have loads of money stashed under the matress so what's the problem ?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
If Mr X is a bus driver, the bus company gives Mrs X free travel and the family. stagecoach does anyway.Eric Cantona wrote:I will rephrase that then. If Mr X is a bus driver, the bus company gives Mrs X free travel and the family. stagecoach does anyway. I'm not on about the free 65 year old or 60 whatever age bus pass. Same with breakdown AA. R.A.C free roadside repair and recovery for the family.Mr Blonde wrote:Buses don't give FREE passes, that comes from the Government.Eric Cantona wrote:So how can buses all over the country give out FREE family passes, AA give out FREE family breakdown, and the R.A.C as well and many other organisations.creedscat wrote:Royal mail is a buisness not a charity, thats the reality of it, yes it seems harsh but like the lady said if royal mail was to turn a blind eye to family/friends surcharges etc then not much profit making would be made would there??? bear in mind royal mail employ around well over 120,000 staff. Buisness is buisness people.
Royal Mail is take, take, take nowadays.
Somebody else said on here they surcharged a family for a bereavement card how low can they stoop.
There is a perks in lots of jobs these days. I bet a road sweeper brings a brush head home every now and again or a pair of gloves for his garden. Yes I can see your point about business, but come on…
Seems to me a lot on here thinks Royal Mail was right to charge this guy. well everyone is entitled a opinion I suppose.
Just that the guy is a good mate of mine and I’m disgusted by it.
When I read postings on here I can see how the yes vote went through now. More seem to back Royal Mail rather than workers.
And most of us on here don't send fifty letters a year so some of those Christmas stamps we get each year are for use by the family
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Royal Mail was right to charge the receiver even if they are a postie, not enough postage was paid and a surcharge was raised. However there is a moral question is it right for us as posties to expect special treatment as we are posties, I don't think so unless there is an agreement to waive charges, as there isn't it should be left up to local managers.Eric Cantona wrote:Seems to me a lot on here thinks Royal Mail was right to charge this guy. well everyone is entitled a opinion I suppose.
Just that the guy is a good mate of mine and I’m disgusted by it.
When I read postings on here I can see how the yes vote went through now. More seem to back Royal Mail rather than workers.
I know a £1.09 is small potatoes but look at the outcry over the Conservative MP and his election claims, and the row over MP expenses, and they claimed, in the main according to the rules in place at the time. If we complain about them is it not using double standards if we ignore the rules for our benefit.
BTW Your previous post broke a rule so I would ask you not to use the "Are you a Manager" argument again, because it does not matter if they are or are not, all views, as long as the are respective of others, are welcome on here whatever their grade, rank or position.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
smelly_cat_lady
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
- Gender: Female
- Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Not that it seems to matter to your argument Mr Cantona but I voted 'NO' and it had nothing to do with surcharges, priviledges or free stamps.
Very eloquent argument btw TBT
Very eloquent argument btw TBT
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
My old man tell's me this is ending soon too.Buses don't give FREE passes, that comes from the Government.
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
I was just talking to a postie today who has just come back from leave after two weeks and I was telling him about the surcharge of my mate, he done the cage for 20 years till recently.
He tells me a van driver came to him about year ago and asked for a letter that was surcharged, he explained to him see the boss before I release it, the boss gave the go ahead. Funny enough it was the same boss that refused my mate last week, bit of discrimination there.
My mate is jumping with temper about this and he wants to pursue the matter now. why a manager can give it one and not the other.
What’s made him more annoyed is he said it had a second class stamp on. And the letter was a tiny bit bigger than our wage packets with one A 4 paper in it folded over.
I’m baffled now, seen as it had a stamp on it…
Anyone know why its been surcharged now.
By the way he is not a internet user as such. I have kept him update about this group.
He tells me a van driver came to him about year ago and asked for a letter that was surcharged, he explained to him see the boss before I release it, the boss gave the go ahead. Funny enough it was the same boss that refused my mate last week, bit of discrimination there.
My mate is jumping with temper about this and he wants to pursue the matter now. why a manager can give it one and not the other.
What’s made him more annoyed is he said it had a second class stamp on. And the letter was a tiny bit bigger than our wage packets with one A 4 paper in it folded over.
I’m baffled now, seen as it had a stamp on it…
Anyone know why its been surcharged now.
By the way he is not a internet user as such. I have kept him update about this group.
-
smelly_cat_lady
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
- Gender: Female
- Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Have you checked the weight, size (length and width) and thickness? It only takes a little bead on the front of the card to take it over the 5mm. Gee if you're that upset I'll send you a quid
