Why? Because I tire of the same posters on here slagging off others just because they think all delivery offices are like their own?POSTMAN wrote:Mr Blonde,one day you will re read through this thread and you will kick yourself.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
Mr Blonde wrote:Why? Because I tire of the same posters on here slagging off others just because they think all delivery offices are like their own?POSTMAN wrote:Mr Blonde,one day you will re read through this thread and you will kick yourself.
They also seem to think that thier personal circumstances and needs are the same as others. Need to pick your kids up from school? Tough because the non car users seem to think you should suffer because they can't stand up for themselves! Wonder how many non car users would pay for your additional child care arrangements if you agree to stop using your car?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
Judgee it is not the case of anyone agreeing to stop using their cars that issue will be removed as you well know at some stage private cars used for delivery purposes will be banned.Judgee wrote:Mr Blonde wrote:Why? Because I tire of the same posters on here slagging off others just because they think all delivery offices are like their own?POSTMAN wrote:Mr Blonde,one day you will re read through this thread and you will kick yourself.
![]()
![]()
![]()
They also seem to think that thier personal circumstances and needs are the same as others. Need to pick your kids up from school? Tough because the non car users seem to think you should suffer because they can't stand up for themselves! Wonder how many non car users would pay for your additional child care arrangements if you agree to stop using your car?
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
Just skipped through the thread again
funny as feck some of you car users.
Shin pads all round.
Shin pads all round.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
Get yourself a four wheel drive
Then you can deliver in ice and snow conditions that would ground RM post vans.
18 inches of snow
Think of the kudos of being the only one out there!
No?.... uses to much petrol you say
Its overkill
Its above and beyond the call.
There is a limit to what you will do for RM then?
Then you can deliver in ice and snow conditions that would ground RM post vans.
18 inches of snow
Think of the kudos of being the only one out there!
No?.... uses to much petrol you say
Its overkill
Its above and beyond the call.
There is a limit to what you will do for RM then?
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
no wonder there is so much confusion about the use of cars--------------but thanks for your input.
-
blade8t1
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 07 Jul 2010, 23:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
So you have pouch boxes at the ready with keys?,transport provided by royal mail is no problem?,and your frame is arranged to be walked?.Mr Blonde wrote:I don't come in early, I'm full time, why would I come in early?blade8t1 wrote:I wouldn' bet too much because you would be wrong,and you also suffer from this"inability" to look at a situation other than your own.It would take me 30 mins in a morning to walk to my first drop, so I jump on the van and get him to drop me off.You might not get any hassle from your managers because your a good little postie that uses his own transport however,,,,If I was to do your walk I would have to aproach them for keys/drop box locations,sort out transportation via a van driver(and in some cases piss about bundling up because the frame actually runs up more convieniantly to a car than drop boxes).I couldn't care less if you were to fly on a pig to get to your first door with the job and off system.but in order for this system to stand a chance of working the playing field needs to be even.Judgee mentioned earlier we needed to grow balls and have it out with the gaffers,well I do ,on an almost daily basis.Al you get is,,,,well joe blogs can do it!. yh joe blogs that comes in early like a muppet and uses his own transport.the days of coming in early and finishing early have GONE!,because if you get caught finishing early you better believe your walks gonna grow.At first I put the blame on managers,but its the muppets cutting corners and giving off false that are to blame!.Mr Blonde wrote:I'll bet most of the anti-car brigade in this thread are in offices slap bang in the middle of town that have deliveries within walking distance of the front gate.
Whilst I admire some of you folks taking a stance your inability to look at the situation from a perspective other than your own is shameful.
And for the record, to my knowledge no-one who covers my job ever uses the official transport so aren't subject to B&H if they can't complete.
As for keys and pouch boxes, my spares are on a hook on the fitting.
You won't have a problem going out in the van, there is a crewbus going in that direction, empty except the driver.
And the frame is arranged as it always has been, around the pouch boxes, you'd have no problem.
So WHY THE FECK would you NEED to drive your own car?.child care issues my arse!,I have children I have to get back for which is why I stand my ground and work to my time.so your saying your finish time(which I assume with you being a fulltimer would be about 1ish?) wouldnt give you enough time to collect the kids?.
So how you think your going to manage when evryday is a 3pm finish and cars are banned? (which is is the not to distant future).
Anyhow you say your walk is perfectly set out for all?,I have yet to cover a walk of someone that uses their car without a hitch.But then again you were hardly going to reply stating you fecked the walk up ,were you?.After all you sound like one of thse perfect drivers that dont effect anyone else in your office through your own ignorant actions.
you will realise,and it will be too late.
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
1. I never said anything anywhere about kids.
2. The whole point of this thread was to try to get some consideration from the folks who instantly slam car users without giving any consideration for their situation.
3. The board is the same now as it was years ago when I started the job, I've never changed it. I do however have the uncanny knack of being able to bag up according to the way that I wish to do the walk.
4. Is your DO in the centre of town?
2. The whole point of this thread was to try to get some consideration from the folks who instantly slam car users without giving any consideration for their situation.
3. The board is the same now as it was years ago when I started the job, I've never changed it. I do however have the uncanny knack of being able to bag up according to the way that I wish to do the walk.
4. Is your DO in the centre of town?
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
Well, it looks like you might be the exception that proves the rule. But there have been far too many cases, whenre this hasn't happened. And people have been treated terribly, for refusing to waste their own petrol, add wear and tear, etc.. By using their own cars.Mr Blonde wrote:I don't come in early, I'm full time, why would I come in early?blade8t1 wrote:I wouldn' bet too much because you would be wrong,and you also suffer from this"inability" to look at a situation other than your own.It would take me 30 mins in a morning to walk to my first drop, so I jump on the van and get him to drop me off.You might not get any hassle from your managers because your a good little postie that uses his own transport however,,,,If I was to do your walk I would have to aproach them for keys/drop box locations,sort out transportation via a van driver(and in some cases piss about bundling up because the frame actually runs up more convieniantly to a car than drop boxes).I couldn't care less if you were to fly on a pig to get to your first door with the job and off system.but in order for this system to stand a chance of working the playing field needs to be even.Judgee mentioned earlier we needed to grow balls and have it out with the gaffers,well I do ,on an almost daily basis.Al you get is,,,,well joe blogs can do it!. yh joe blogs that comes in early like a muppet and uses his own transport.the days of coming in early and finishing early have GONE!,because if you get caught finishing early you better believe your walks gonna grow.At first I put the blame on managers,but its the muppets cutting corners and giving off false that are to blame!.Mr Blonde wrote:I'll bet most of the anti-car brigade in this thread are in offices slap bang in the middle of town that have deliveries within walking distance of the front gate.
Whilst I admire some of you folks taking a stance your inability to look at the situation from a perspective other than your own is shameful.
And for the record, to my knowledge no-one who covers my job ever uses the official transport so aren't subject to B&H if they can't complete.
As for keys and pouch boxes, my spares are on a hook on the fitting.
You won't have a problem going out in the van, there is a crewbus going in that direction, empty except the driver.
And the frame is arranged as it always has been, around the pouch boxes, you'd have no problem.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
Sister stokesie the objective was an agreement and as RM walked away from it there could not have been an agreement of sorts reached. Surely an agreement is only finally concluded and implemented when it has been signed by all parties. By the way who's bobstokes11eg wrote:![]()
Yes bob, but if you read back your post--'Our objective was an agreement____ so there was an agreement of sorts, no matter how it's dressed up! Sorry, but the post has a sort of I didn't want to do it but R/M made me feel to it,
no wonder there is so much confusion about the use of cars--------------but thanks for your input.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
Ok you have convinced me, as of next week I'll stop using my car and everybody else in the entire RM must do the same. That way they won't make the walks bigger and cut the number off rounds. They won't continue to make as many posties part time as possible. They won't continue with thier plans to bring in P&L. We will no longer have to do D2D's for free and all pay rises will from now on be above inflation..... oh wait a minute that's complete b@llocks isn't it! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
Of course it's bollox....no-one is saying that you stopping using your car will solve all our problems but..........Judgee wrote:Ok you have convinced me, as of next week I'll stop using my car and everybody else in the entire RM must do the same. That way they won't make the walks bigger and cut the number off rounds. They won't continue to make as many posties part time as possible. They won't continue with thier plans to bring in P&L. We will no longer have to do D2D's for free and all pay rises will from now on be above inflation..... oh wait a minute that's complete b@llocks isn't it!
"This journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
creedscat
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
fishtank wrote:Of course it's bollox....no-one is saying that you stopping using your car will solve all our problems but..........Judgee wrote:Ok you have convinced me, as of next week I'll stop using my car and everybody else in the entire RM must do the same. That way they won't make the walks bigger and cut the number off rounds. They won't continue to make as many posties part time as possible. They won't continue with thier plans to bring in P&L. We will no longer have to do D2D's for free and all pay rises will from now on be above inflation..... oh wait a minute that's complete b@llocks isn't it!
"This journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
Every little helps.
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
amen. myself doing the job properly and finishing on time every day. it doest grind the office to a haltfishtank wrote:Of course it's bollox....no-one is saying that you stopping using your car will solve all our problems but..........Judgee wrote:Ok you have convinced me, as of next week I'll stop using my car and everybody else in the entire RM must do the same. That way they won't make the walks bigger and cut the number off rounds. They won't continue to make as many posties part time as possible. They won't continue with thier plans to bring in P&L. We will no longer have to do D2D's for free and all pay rises will from now on be above inflation..... oh wait a minute that's complete b@llocks isn't it!
"This journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
but it highlights the failing in the walk 'planning'
and hopefully shows others what they can do instead of crying and still doing lapsing,working over etc
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Cars on delivery / flyers / job and finish etc
Wellllllllllllllllll not quite krussel, because according to the new agreement within the recent Q & A on the Guidelines you will find:krussel wrote:I can see your point very clearly and I would suppose there are many offices in a similar geographical situation.![]()
However the long winded argument about the use of private cars on delivery is now slowly coming to a close.
Under the new agreement and based on the park and loop revision both the Union and Royal Mail have agreed that car use will be banned and therefore this debate will go away all by itself.
What isolated cases may exist where Royal Mail would retain private car use?
There may be a limited number of cases where it is suitable for an individual to retain their private car for use on delivery. DOMs may exceptionally need to address short term operational issues or ongoing health problems typically covered within DDA (for example, where the use of a personally adapted vehicle presents a more suitable option for the individual and supports inclusivity in the workplace). All cases will be assessed on an individual basis.
Soooo depending on the DOM, the size of the office and the circumstances, private cars willl not be banned.
Nobody seems to be able to address the insurance bond issue, then again .........that's not the only unresolved issue