ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Surcharge a Family Member.
-
pokos27
- Posts: 657
- Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
pity it wasnt christmas, the items are just delivered free.
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Not in our office they aren't. Spend a good couple of hours every day filling these out on the run up to christmaspokos27 wrote:pity it wasnt christmas, the items are just delivered free.
And yes, each one is now counted on way into office, and the moneys have to be tallied up at the each of every day. A form to be filled in each day too.
-
adb2aber
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 01 Feb 2009, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Not Called For.POSTMAN wrote:RP is Revenue Protection,any takers on NCF...
-
pyphon
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East England
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
i've paid for a surcharge before, wouldn't expect it for free, it's just bad luck when you get one
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
I Take it you’re a manager then.pyphon wrote:i've paid for a surcharge before, wouldn't expect it for free, it's just bad luck when you get one
Its like working in Kellogg’s for example, you can get your corn flakes at discount price, or working at Walker’s your crisp at discount, why cannot Royal Mail waive that fee for the workforce family's, I’m not asking for free post for a year, only one letter.
I think Royal Mail are to handy at charging actually, how do we know the stamp has not fell off or even been peeled off by someone in a mail centre, if the letter has the senders address on it Royal Mail should look at charging them, obviously something went wrong with the franking machine where they was not aware of.
That scenario at the cage was like me being a London bus driver and then my mate charging me to get home on the bus later?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
ANGRY MODERATOR MODE:Eric Cantona wrote:I Take it you’re a manager then.pyphon wrote:i've paid for a surcharge before, wouldn't expect it for free, it's just bad luck when you get one
Please explain 2 things:
1. How the quoted statement added to the thread and your position.
2. How it did not break the rule you agreed to abide by.
Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned. This also applies to posts that are not aimed at individuals but at groups.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
smelly_cat_lady
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
- Gender: Female
- Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Lets get real here people. The culprit is the person or persons that sent the letter in the first place, not the PHG. Even if its dear old aunite ethel, there isn't much excuse for not reading the perameters that are set for first class stamps which are printed on the stamp booklet. As most people don't bother going to a PO these days to post letters - having bought their stamps in the newsagent / Sainsbugs - its down to them to comply with rules on weight and size.
Royal Mail is a business, not a charity! How would you feel if at the end of the year you had £5 deducted from your wages for all the 'free' grey cards handed out by callers?? (and no, I'm not a manager)
I had one myself recently, a card congratulating us on our wedding from my own brother! I got my own back when I posted a rather large birthday card...............
Get some perspective folks
Royal Mail is a business, not a charity! How would you feel if at the end of the year you had £5 deducted from your wages for all the 'free' grey cards handed out by callers?? (and no, I'm not a manager)
I had one myself recently, a card congratulating us on our wedding from my own brother! I got my own back when I posted a rather large birthday card...............
Get some perspective folks
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
It seems to me,in the rush to modernisation,that RM seems to have introduced things guaranteed to get the back of the customer up be they business or domestic. :lfo :cfo :mfo
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Cantona won't be happy, smelly_cat_lady
See what I mean?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEmA_QF30GI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Straight4ward wrote:Cantona won't be happy, smelly_cat_lady See what I mean?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Revnue Protection, and Not Called For...POSTMAN wrote:RP is Revenue Protection,any takers on NCF...Eric Cantona wrote:RP now want you to fill in a form to say how many you're received, how many are NCF, how many collected, etc etcAprilaydee wrote:RP now want you to fill in a form to say how many you're received, how many are NCF, how many collected, etc etc
I've been charged for a surcharge before now, xmas card from my Uncle. My card with my parent's in the same envelope. It was that manager that I've had problems with though so no surprise there then.
You have lost me there??? RP? NCF?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=&q=NC ... 8&ie=UTF-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
And if you're buying a card and not posting it you still pay for the postage regardless?Mr Blonde wrote:Theres always two sides to this argument and whilst I think that we should turn a blind eye to friends and family it annoys me at the number of people who see the yellow stickers and still deliver them for free. Birthday cards etc are always a grey area, because of the size. Maybe RM should just forces with the manufacturers and sell them with postage paid envelopes?
As someone else said, it's up to the sender to go to the Post Office, which should be used otherwise they'll get closed, and check the postage required.
When I got my surcharge, I just used my free christmas stamps to pay for it. Still didn't cost me anything lol
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
I Take it you are referring to me here.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:ANGRY MODERATOR MODE:Eric Cantona wrote:I Take it you’re a manager then.pyphon wrote:i've paid for a surcharge before, wouldn't expect it for free, it's just bad luck when you get one
Please explain 2 things:
1. How the quoted statement added to the thread and your position.
2. How it did not break the rule you agreed to abide by.Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned. This also applies to posts that are not aimed at individuals but at groups.
Of all the people I have spoke to about it its only posties who has actually said they were a bit harsh charging the postie £1.19, other than that, I have spoke to managers whom all say pay for it with a, its tough attitude.
One manager was in our office the other day gloating about his £5.000 bonus has been cut in half because the managers in London messed up, if the postie that had to pay the surcharge was on that bonus I don’t think he would mind paying at that rate.
For some one to say “i've paid for a surcharge before, wouldn't expect it for free, it's just bad luck when you get one” well it sounds like a manager to me?
I’m only a postie like the lad that got charged,
We get told off at work now I’m getting told off here. Has my post offended anyone, I’m only making a assumption.
I spoke to the postie today he tells me his brother picked it up and paid the £1.19 but what baffles me is there was a second class stamp on it with just one A3 letter folded inside it??? so he tells me.
2. How it did not break the rule you agreed to abide by. Don’t understand that question?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
Most 86 years olds have loads of money stashed under the matress so what's the problem ? 
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Surcharge a Family Member.
There is just no answer to that.Lounge Lizard wrote:Most 86 years olds have loads of money stashed under the matress so what's the problem ?