ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How long is your walk?
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
Yep thats what its like every day.
Again, this new revision shall seperate the wheat from the chaff.
Its about time RM/CWU brought in performance standards, there are far too many taking the pee, you all know who they are, theyre in every single office.
Me I gave up looking after others a long time ago. Now I look after No.1, just like everyone else.
The coach in our office is one of the first out the door, long before his understudies have even began bundling up. I take my lead from him, he is after all, the coach.
Again, this new revision shall seperate the wheat from the chaff.
Its about time RM/CWU brought in performance standards, there are far too many taking the pee, you all know who they are, theyre in every single office.
Me I gave up looking after others a long time ago. Now I look after No.1, just like everyone else.
The coach in our office is one of the first out the door, long before his understudies have even began bundling up. I take my lead from him, he is after all, the coach.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How long is your walk?
Blooody hell I want a transfer and I am not joking. I think most offices on here, at least ones that have been through revisions since SDD are on a 3:30 with a 83-86% call rate - my office is 83%.mclovin wrote:At 100% it 3.30.
Not wanting to jump into the middle of the argument but try and keep that 100% call rate for as long as you can but watch out they will come for between 15 - 20% of your walks at some point.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
Had it tested manually a few year ago with the DOM support. Bang on 3.30 on an average Thursday/Friday.
That was doing it 100% correctly.
3.20 on Monday with 100% callrate but only about 6 packets.
That was doing it 100% correctly.
3.20 on Monday with 100% callrate but only about 6 packets.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
Mine is 600 houses, 90% semi's with a few terraced. It takes around 2.30-2.45 and can be split down nicely as there are 2 bag drops, one bang in the middle of the walk. I've done most of our walks and mine is about average. I'm not a runner either, unless running is walking around at a decent pace whilst daydreaming that i'm not on a sink estate.
There are 2-3 walks in my office that are a genuine 3hrs 30 - but there are at least 20 other walks that are stretched out to that time. 90% of walks are a comfortable 2.30 - 3.00hrs, a runner can demolish them in well under 2.30.
For every runner there is a complete p*ss taker that seems to think walking as slowly as possible is doing the job properly. Our rep has had a load taken off his walk, I did a third of it a few months ago and it took me 36 minutes. It's changed slightly but is now actually shorter than when I used to do the duty 12 years ago. 400-odd houses, nearly all terraced and a few firms.
good on him for sorting himself an easy walk, but don't try and tell me people like him are doing the job properly and 'preserving jobs' - this is the exact reason why we'll all soon have to meet performance standards.
There are 2-3 walks in my office that are a genuine 3hrs 30 - but there are at least 20 other walks that are stretched out to that time. 90% of walks are a comfortable 2.30 - 3.00hrs, a runner can demolish them in well under 2.30.
For every runner there is a complete p*ss taker that seems to think walking as slowly as possible is doing the job properly. Our rep has had a load taken off his walk, I did a third of it a few months ago and it took me 36 minutes. It's changed slightly but is now actually shorter than when I used to do the duty 12 years ago. 400-odd houses, nearly all terraced and a few firms.
good on him for sorting himself an easy walk, but don't try and tell me people like him are doing the job properly and 'preserving jobs' - this is the exact reason why we'll all soon have to meet performance standards.
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: How long is your walk?
i want a transfer to that office!OnAFlyer wrote:Mine is 600 houses, 90% semi's with a few terraced. It takes around 2.30-2.45 and can be split down nicely as there are 2 bag drops, one bang in the middle of the walk. I've done most of our walks and mine is about average. I'm not a runner either, unless running is walking around at a decent pace whilst daydreaming that i'm not on a sink estate.
There are 2-3 walks in my office that are a genuine 3hrs 30 - but there are at least 20 other walks that are stretched out to that time. 90% of walks are a comfortable 2.30 - 3.00hrs, a runner can demolish them in well under 2.30.
For every runner there is a complete p*ss taker that seems to think walking as slowly as possible is doing the job properly. Our rep has had a load taken off his walk, I did a third of it a few months ago and it took me 36 minutes. It's changed slightly but is now actually shorter than when I used to do the duty 12 years ago. 400-odd houses, nearly all terraced and a few firms.
good on him for sorting himself an easy walk, but don't try and tell me people like him are doing the job properly and 'preserving jobs' - this is the exact reason why we'll all soon have to meet performance standards.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
kitkatchunky
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
post_bitch wrote:ALL walks are 3.5 hours AND EQUAL
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
You have chosen to ignore this poster.
-
Punk
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Apr 2007, 16:01
Re: How long is your walk?
I can't believe what I am reading here! Our smallest duties are over three and a half hours on normal days, the rurals are over five hours. All I can say is some of you are going to get a rather disturbing wake up call very shortly when you join the rest of us at the real Royal Mail!
Rural driver and soothsayer
Glorious Wolverhampton area
Glorious Wolverhampton area
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
Wrong, everyone with huge duties have been stiffed by RM.
They tried that on at our place and got told where to get off.
They tried that on at our place and got told where to get off.
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
I used to be able to get done for 1:00 on my old walk, so basically 3:30. I really enjoyed it but now with all this lapsing, being thrown from walk to walk, 5 different walks this week, it can take anywhere from 4 to 5 hours. Usually 90% + call rate, flats, stairs, and a nice long walk back, it all adds up.
I would say our average in our office would be 3:15/3:30, and about 2:30 max for car users.
I would say our average in our office would be 3:15/3:30, and about 2:30 max for car users.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
mclovin wrote:Wrong, everyone with huge duties have been stiffed by RM.
They tried that on at our place and got told where to get off.
You will get stiffed to a certain extent mclovin.
As your indoor workload decreases with more automation so your outdoor work will increase.
The IWT will ensure that it's all above board and agreed with the union so there will be no point in telling them where to get off.
All you will be able to do is work your hours and try to keep the duties achievable inside those hours.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
Yes I know this and accept that. So I'll get in as many early finishes as possible between now and then, might as well enjoy them while I still can.fishtank wrote:mclovin wrote:Wrong, everyone with huge duties have been stiffed by RM.
They tried that on at our place and got told where to get off.
You will get stiffed to a certain extent mclovin.
As your indoor workload decreases with more automation so your outdoor work will increase.
The IWT will ensure that it's all above board and agreed with the union so there will be no point in telling them where to get off.
All you will be able to do is work your hours and try to keep the duties achievable inside those hours.
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
This is what Im talking about, you actually let them get away with this?thevardinator wrote:I used to be able to get done for 1:00 on my old walk, so basically 3:30. I really enjoyed it but now with all this lapsing, being thrown from walk to walk, 5 different walks this week, it can take anywhere from 4 to 5 hours. Usually 90% + call rate, flats, stairs, and a nice long walk back, it all adds up.
I would say our average in our office would be 3:15/3:30, and about 2:30 max for car users.
In my office there would be handbacks galore and they'd change it.
They knew this when we shifted to 3.30 del span, thats why our turns were tweaked after Pegasus spat out a load of garbage.
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: How long is your walk?
Why aren't you given something else to do, when you get back?mclovin wrote:At 100% it 3.30.
Why would I want to be walking round the streets when I could be in the house at 12.30 with me feet up.
And I said I didnt carry 9 bags at a time, please keep up.
Usually around 6 per day.
Like I said, when the revision comes all duties will be equal, then what will the slow posties do??
They'll be weeded out.
Heres one for ya, I finished on Monday at 1300, first letter was 09.40, had a letter for every address, 640 calls in total.
Bloke on another delivery 600 calls, but just the average monday for him, probably hitting 75% call rate, he had 4 bags, same time first letter.
Now he's not unfit, in fact he did the Great North Run a couple years back, but admits he just wanders around in an amble, he finished 12.50.
Sorry but thats just unacceptable.
All the early finishes should have stopped a while ago now.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: How long is your walk?
is it walking or movign at a frantic pace with no breaks?Sherpas Rule wrote:I'm a floater and my longest walk, including lapsing takes on a busy day, 3.30/3.45. The shortest walk I cover, which never lapses as it's a 'town centre' job, takes 2.00 / 2.30 on an exceptionally busy day.
The short walk, well, everyone know's it's a handout and I'm sure the managers do as well but they never try and add anything on to it, god knows why. I tried to spin it out once and I still couldn't take it over 2.30.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;