mclovin wrote:I dont deliver in a cable area thank the lord.
I had to deliver cable D2D's last week in an area that has'nt got it
On the subject of light/heavy days, RM could even it out I'm sure but choose not too. Tuesday was always traditionally a light day probably why they always pick a Tuesday for us reserves to have the day off
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
dblad wrote:If I'm right, I think they're allowed to keep mailsort for about 4 or 5 weeks so they could quite easily even it out if they wanted, thing is they don't want to, I find it all a bit pathetic really, overpaid and under worked bosses who act like spoilt kids trying to piss us all off.
No, that's wrong! Mailsort 3 (presumably the ones you're referring to) have a 1 week turnaround. That's from being collected from the poster, to being delivered to it's destination. And up to 3 days of that, is taken up by the RDC. There's no way it should be held back for weeks!
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
chunk wrote:A week is plenty we are only suggesting m3 is advanced a day or two.
or retarded by same.
Yes, that's fine. In fact, it's the whole point of MS3. Normally it only spends 2 days at the RDC. But it can take 3 days, if we need to spread it out. It's the same idea at the DO. But Dblad said: I think they're allowed to keep mailsort for about 4 or 5 weeks. And that's far too long.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:We get Virgin Media (well I do anyway) almost every single day !! Similair adverts offering the same crap deal, always mailsort, mainly to the occupier. I get them as d2d too. They never get the message though and cant understand why people dont want virgin ???
THE REASON IS SIMPLE YOU CRETINS - THE YOUNGEST PERSON ON MY ROUND IS ABOUT 75 - THEY WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO SWITCH A TELEVISION ON
YOU HAVE BEEN SENDING ADVERTISEMENTS TO MY ESTATE FOR YEARS AND NOT 1 SINLGE PERSON HAS SIGNED UP - GET THE MESSAGE
All I can say is they must be on a cracking deal - something like, give us 2million and we`ll deliver whatever you want for the next 20 years
And by god there making the most of it !!
Same here m8 virgin crap every single day of the week and this week D2Ds as well, but the crazy thing is I deliver to an estate that isn't even cabled up so I'm hauling all that crap around for nothing!!!!!!!!!
To be honest i probably prefer the way it is now, although it makes Wed thru Sat slightly heavier i kind of appreciate a (relative) easy start to the week.
our DOM has a simple remedy for this ,mon and tues he pushes through all the mail sort and second class he has been hiding at the back of the depot from last week so we have loads to do as kept in to sort it , on a short day , out late, and booked 40 mins as back late , with a lot of posties cutting off
And so the week starts again with the mail building again ,packets being left.and hiding it at the back again as the week carries on
Sounds to me as if your office /dom is technically failing some weeks.
but whilst your dom is using mon/ Tuesday to catch up from last Saturday
(not a personal criticism )!
RM should really be using Monday/ Tuesday better so you don't fail come Friday/ Saturday.
Trouble is cos you make 2hours mon to wed,they expect you to work an hour over thursday and friday.
Not really convenient but what can you do.
Tuesdays haven't really been that easy though of late.
pony wrote:Trouble is cos you make 2hours mon to wed,they expect you to work an hour over thursday and friday.
Not really convenient but what can you do.
Tuesdays haven't really been that easy though of late.
I would love to take a "swings and roundabouts" view on this
trouble is we dont make time on a Monday/Tuesday as we absorb.
So resent having to do more way than 40 hours if we go over Wed Thu and Fri.
Trouble is cos you make 2hours mon to wed,they expect you to work an hour over thursday and friday.
Not really convenient but what can you do.
Errr tell them bollox and that there is nothing in ANY agreement where they can make you do it.
Or are you talking 'official' and 'agreed' long and shorts?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:the 30mins flexi is voluntary and you can tell them `no` your busy, simple as. Let them threaten you with whatever, but yiu dont do it and they cant do nowt
Only if you have time in your duty.........is the standard reply by the DIM and the Union Rep, the shock on a relief linos face when I say I don't have the time!