ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by not me »

Kevin Manchester wrote:I have four lots of households this week and struggled today.
So I went in at the right time as usual today had my break and put my four lots of households together at the end, after I threw my mail off and when I done my killing off and redirections, then I placed my households in the frame, once that was done the time was 9 40am so I spoke to the manager and told him I won’t finish on time, he said “if you go over I will pay you” I made it quite clear I’m not going over so I left the bottom row in and he agreed.
That’s out of my hands now.
Tomorrow will be the same. Its down to staff shortage at my office, nobody on the ips.
If I was to complete the walk today it would have been a 2pm finish, I don’t thinks so some how.
And they wanted me to do my part of the summer walk as well.
We really need more people like me instead of moaning about it.
SAY NO. STAND YOUR GROUND..

and that is how to hit them
as long as folks work over and make it work they will fudge it through
cuts offs and streaming are the way to show them its not working
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by Caniel »

I told my lino this morning I couldn't complete, it was quite heavy today and doing 5 lots of D2D did actually make me go out late. Lino wouldn't have it so I left a pouch in the drop point then told him when I got back to the office. Suffice to say he was fuming but I couldn't give a f**k.
Kevin Manchester
Posts: 25
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 08:36
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by Kevin Manchester »

When are they going to get it through to their thick heads that this system of 4/5 households and the summer walk is not going to work.
There has been seven full timers gone from my office since Christmas due to sacked/retired/ill health etc, and not one full timer has been replaced, that's more sorting for us in the morning. not forgetting the sickies phoning in..
Kevin Manchester
Posts: 25
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 08:36
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by Kevin Manchester »

Kevin Manchester wrote:I have four lots of households this week and struggled today.
So I went in at the right time as usual today had my break and put my four lots of households together at the end, after I threw my mail off and when I done my killing off and redirections, then I placed my households in the frame, once that was done the time was 9 40am so I spoke to the manager and told him I won’t finish on time, he said “if you go over I will pay you” I made it quite clear I’m not going over so I left the bottom row in and he agreed.
That’s out of my hands now.
Tomorrow will be the same. Its down to staff shortage at my office, nobody on the ips.
If I was to complete the walk today it would have been a 2pm finish, I don’t thinks so some how.
And they wanted me to do my part of the summer walk as well.
We really need more people like me instead of moaning about it.
SAY NO. STAND YOUR GROUND..
Done exactly the same thing again today left the bottom row in told the DO manager first so I’m covered, yesterday the late drivers delivered it, so I’m keeping them busy. I’m afraid its going to be all the time this with me until they get us out of the office on time and realise this new scheme is not working.
Pity about all the other gobby gits in my office that shout and make threats all morning so the manager can hear them, then when its comes to crunch time they tell the manager I’ll be going over today Sir.
smelly_cat_lady
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
Gender: Female
Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by smelly_cat_lady »

dazzlin, caniel and kevin i salute you! :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause

well done! i went in today to do a walk that is usually done by a complete chump. He had 5 d2d and had already consolidated them into bundles and banded them up under his frame. When I asked about to find out where the frig he gets the time to do that, I was told 'oh he comes in half an hour early and does it during meal relief' What a cock :mad The union rep can't do anything as he's been told its 'bullying'................... :mad :mad
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by not me »

smelly_cat_lady wrote:dazzlin, caniel and kevin i salute you! :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause

well done! i went in today to do a walk that is usually done by a complete chump. He had 5 d2d and had already consolidated them into bundles and banded them up under his frame. When I asked about to find out where the frig he gets the time to do that, I was told 'oh he comes in half an hour early and does it during meal relief' What a cock :mad The union rep can't do anything as he's been told its 'bullying'................... :mad :mad
unbelievably i saw a postie putting their D2D's in their car to make up at home today :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
seriously this postie works near me and you would think with me banging on about doing the job properly etc they would learn
doesnt take a break either...................
alloria
Posts: 176
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by alloria »

custard wrote:
smelly_cat_lady wrote:dazzlin, caniel and kevin i salute you! :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause

well done! i went in today to do a walk that is usually done by a complete chump. He had 5 d2d and had already consolidated them into bundles and banded them up under his frame. When I asked about to find out where the frig he gets the time to do that, I was told 'oh he comes in half an hour early and does it during meal relief' What a cock :mad The union rep can't do anything as he's been told its 'bullying'................... :mad :mad
unbelievably i saw a postie putting their D2D's in their car to make up at home today :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
seriously this postie works near me and you would think with me banging on about doing the job properly etc they would learn
doesnt take a break either...................
I used to do that, I would actually take them home, and sort them there! But don't worry, I have come to my senses, and no longer do this, if they do not give me enough time at the depot to sort them, then I leave them, simple as that.
Vote no on the "Agreement"
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by fishtank »

Sherpas Rule wrote:How about the tool in my office that comes in a Sunday and boxes them all in to deliver on Monday. :hmmmm
How does he get in? :crazy: :crazy:
Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
smelly_cat_lady
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
Gender: Female
Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by smelly_cat_lady »

He slithers thru the letterbox because he's a snake, obviously! :sad:
Kevin Manchester
Posts: 25
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 08:36
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by Kevin Manchester »

smelly_cat_lady wrote:He slithers thru the letterbox because he's a snake, obviously! :sad:
When we had the Nights on at our office one guy used to scale the gates at 3 30am in the morning to get in, and believe it or not he was still one of the last out later.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by OnAFlyer »

One lot again this week. :Very Happy
kitkatchunky
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by kitkatchunky »

REDLETTER wrote:
jordan26 wrote:past month goes like this
week1 0 d2d
week2 1 d2d
week3 1 d2d
week4 2 d2d

caant see 5 coming :silenced
They are saving ALL yours for the Christmas Pressure :dance
looking forward to them and the overtime i will be getting paid.
superdaddybear
Posts: 23
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by superdaddybear »

Jenny Manchester wrote:It was my day off today and my mate phoned me this evening and said its leaked out that most offices in the UK are going to get FIVE lots of door to doors on the week commencing 12/07/2010, these FIVE lots willl continue throughout the year every week, the managers know about it and were told to say nothing to staff.
The phgs know about it as well...its on their Pc.
Monday I Will be taking my time putting them together and stuff the absorption.... cop for that managers, I hope everyone follows suit..
Not yet had 5 lots. carnt wait will make me £60.00
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by Eric Cantona »

superdaddybear wrote:
Jenny Manchester wrote:It was my day off today and my mate phoned me this evening and said its leaked out that most offices in the UK are going to get FIVE lots of door to doors on the week commencing 12/07/2010, these FIVE lots willl continue throughout the year every week, the managers know about it and were told to say nothing to staff.
The phgs know about it as well...its on their Pc.
Monday I Will be taking my time putting them together and stuff the absorption.... cop for that managers, I hope everyone follows suit..
Not yet had 5 lots. carnt wait will make me £60.00
How do you work that out?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by krussel »

OnAFlyer wrote:One lot again this week. :Very Happy
Yeah right :left: :left: :roll:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........