ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
Ooops, sorry April!
Cat's are rarely immobile.
Our PHGs, on the other hand, would make a hippo look fleet of foot.
Cat's are rarely immobile.
Our PHGs, on the other hand, would make a hippo look fleet of foot.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
I have to admit, the 2 I used to cover in one office were rather on the large side...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
I think I might put in for one of these PHG grades, we hear so much about these nice little earners without any work involved - well they would suit me down to the ground. 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
dvbuk55 wrote:I think I might put in for one of these PHG grades, we hear so much about these nice little earners without any work involved - well they would suit me down to the ground.
Can you imagine what one of those PHG grades in London must be worth...........double bubble.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
Postman Hippo Grade?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
We are all the same - except some are more same than others ft - I do have a pair but they look more like sultanas these days than spherical play things.fishtank wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:I think I might put in for one of these PHG grades, we hear so much about these nice little earners without any work involved - well they would suit me down to the ground.
Can you imagine what one of those PHG grades in London must be worth...........double bubble.![]()
![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
I prefer the term FLUBs (Fat Lazy Useless Barstewards)Straight4ward wrote:I believe all PHG's qualify for the FIB* supplement.
Certainly the case in our office.
*Fat Immobile Bastard.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
TBT, do you mean that they get two supplements? FIB &FLUB?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
Yep one for each Man BoobStraight4ward wrote:TBT, do you mean that they get two supplements? FIB &FLUB?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
LOL!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
I'm really glad I got out of the big D.O. callers office. I was technically a PHG there too (without the allowance of course) but only had to work the office, no other reports, that was done by the admin (who was a PHG grade...).
The abuse (from customers, staff and managers) just isn't worth it. The room of doom is definitely one to be avoided.
The offices I'm at now don't have RoDs. Don't even have rooms
Had a memo go around about wanting everything kept securely etc. I replied telling them the office needed a refit if that's what they wanted as there was absolutely no room to put the specials into the RLE seeing as it's no bigger than the space under my stairs.
The abuse (from customers, staff and managers) just isn't worth it. The room of doom is definitely one to be avoided.
The offices I'm at now don't have RoDs. Don't even have rooms
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
Be careful what you say here TBT, not all PHGs are overweight, middle aged men - take Aprilaydee for example - I mean .............. I don't know what you are suggesting by inference hereTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yep one for each Man BoobStraight4ward wrote:TBT, do you mean that they get two supplements? FIB &FLUB?![]()
![]()
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
I don't have Moobs/Mits and I don't name my chesticles either! I did once give my right boob the nickname "Mark" cos of someone I used to work with. He was a right tit.dvbuk55 wrote:Be careful what you say here TBT, not all PHGs are overweight, middle aged men - take Aprilaydee for example - I mean .............. I don't know what you are suggesting by inference hereTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yep one for each Man BoobStraight4ward wrote:TBT, do you mean that they get two supplements? FIB &FLUB?![]()
![]()
And the PHGs I cover now are middle aged men but rather slender. I guess that's because one does a full time delivery as well and the other is into outdoor sport type things.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
Our PHG's in London get a 'relaxation allowance',you know you guys should really come down here,it's the bollox.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?
Out of the mouths of babes as they say - bollox, sums it up admirably.POSTMAN wrote:Our PHG's in London get a 'relaxation allowance',you know you guys should really come down here,it's the bollox.