ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
womens trousers
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: womens trousers
Problem is, iIve got three pairs of R/Mtrousers, all supposedly the same size, but none of them fit! Bring back the old days, you had to wait 8 weeks for your uniform, but you were properly measured and everything fitted to a 't'
-
beccybeer
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 17:27
- Gender: Female
Re: womens trousers
A couple of years ago i ordered 30" mens trousers but were more like 14". sent them back, but the next lot were about 40"! sent those back too and the next lot weren't even royal mail issue!! the label was 'trojan' and they were like sailers trousers. bought my own combats since then. at least the pockets don't have holes and you don't discover that while on delivery everyone's seen your butt where their crap stitching has come apart!!
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: womens trousers
Aprilaydee wrote:High waistband or saggy boobs? ::::runs away::::mazza111 wrote:I am sooooooooo glad I'm not alone on the trousers thing. I ordered them in a size bigger than I am so i would be comfortable. Wouldn't go over my hips. Ordered the next size up. They could have kept my boobs warm, they were so big. Scared to wear them just in case a gust of wind catches me and I end up up a tree!!! Noticed the belt loops were tiny on them too! Now, I stick to jeans or shorts! Refuse to look like coco the clown!![]()
I wear my own shorts from ASDA. More pockets and they actually fit without looking like either hotpants or cullottes. And as for the cullottes... OMG... They are AWFUL!
LMFAO definitely high waisters. Although the shirts are so unflattering that one of my colleagues said "OMG you got boobs!" when he seen me in the pub one night
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: womens trousers
It's bad enough being called "postMAN" when you're out on your walk without looking like a bloke too.
I usually put my hair up into my baseball cap though so I don't think that helps. However, as unflattering as the uniform is to the mammary area, my chesticles are still noticeable enough. <waits for perverts>
When I started not wearing my cap for a week or so a month back, people didn't recognise me cos I actually had hair and everyfink. They soon knew it was me when they looked into my tired and weary eyes...
haha
I usually put my hair up into my baseball cap though so I don't think that helps. However, as unflattering as the uniform is to the mammary area, my chesticles are still noticeable enough. <waits for perverts>
When I started not wearing my cap for a week or so a month back, people didn't recognise me cos I actually had hair and everyfink. They soon knew it was me when they looked into my tired and weary eyes...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: womens trousers
You know your right with that. I know its wrong to think like this but being totally honest it was not until we had an xmas do a few years back that i really noticed that our ladies had really nice figures. Now i know that sounds iam being sexist but i really dont mean it that way its just the uniform is so unflattering to a lady as it makes everyone look the same and rather plain.mazza111 wrote:Although the shirts are so unflattering that one of my colleagues said "OMG you got boobs!" when he seen me in the pub
I am sure they could make a to uniform fit you ladies better, if they bothered or in fact cared, which might make you feel a little better about having to wear the crappy thing. Sadly it seems its very much a lads world in Royal Mail these days and they really dont care or give a crap
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: womens trousers
I emailed Billy Hayes asking why he didn't do something useful with my subscription money and campaign for a better uniform. One that wasn't a joke when it came to women's sizes and a coat that's actually waterproof and breathable...
No reply
No reply
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: womens trousers
LOL at the figure thing. It's so true. They all notice my legs cos I wear my shorts. Although a few have said my shorts are very short, I replied they aint short, it's my legs that are long :P And now a few of me have seen me out of uniform (not like that u pervs!), either at the pub or on fb pics, they just can't believe it's me. But then again, are there many of us ladies who go to work with full make up on, push up bras, hair done? Or are u all like me, quick shower in morning, quick spray of whatever deodorant is available, hair scraped up into a ponytail and out the door.
Have spoken to customers whilst off duty and they all fail to recognise me. Have even had a colleague walk past me in the pub
And I know he reads this. So you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!
Have spoken to customers whilst off duty and they all fail to recognise me. Have even had a colleague walk past me in the pub
-
youwot!!!!!
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 582
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 14:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: oop north
Re: womens trousers
wrong!we have been issued ours and we have not had a revision yet.DGP1 wrote:New uniform is to be rolled out when an office gets it's revisioncreedscat wrote:Stormproof wrote:I don't know who they modelled the womens trousers on but they were'nt human. I have to order 2 sizes bigger just so they fit at the waist. I hope the new uniform does'nt have the same measurements.
Is the new uniform still on trial???
who the hell invests £2 billion into a servic and makes it worse?????????????
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
-
smelly_cat_lady
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
- Gender: Female
- Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts
Re: womens trousers
Come on ladies, how many times have you walked by a gorgeous man in a pub only to realise he's a colleague and that uniform does nothing for him?................yeah, thought so, NONE!
(except if its my husband of course!
)
I love my culottes by the way, they fit snug round the waist and let the air flow throoooooooooooough!
(except if its my husband of course!
I love my culottes by the way, they fit snug round the waist and let the air flow throoooooooooooough!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: womens trousers
Perhaps Royal Mail should follow the example of many schools and once a year have an Own Clothes Day, all for a small donation to charity turning up to work in something a bit more flattering than a RM uniform, some perhaps even dressing as vicars or tarts.krussel wrote:You know your right with that. I know its wrong to think like this but being totally honest it was not until we had an xmas do a few years back that i really noticed that our ladies had really nice figures. Now i know that sounds iam being sexist but i really dont mean it that way its just the uniform is so unflattering to a lady as it makes everyone look the same and rather plain.mazza111 wrote:Although the shirts are so unflattering that one of my colleagues said "OMG you got boobs!" when he seen me in the pub![]()
I am sure they could make a to uniform fit you ladies better, if they bothered or in fact cared, which might make you feel a little better about having to wear the crappy thing. Sadly it seems its very much a lads world in Royal Mail these days and they really dont care or give a crap
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: womens trousers
Don't even go there!!! I covered the locker at xmas. So told my darling daughter to pick me up one of those cheap santa suits out of poundstrecher or lidl. She only bought a sexy santa!!! Which would have been great, if it had covered one boob, never mind 2!!! But at least it gave me a laugh 