POSTMAN wrote:They should redesign the cards 'again' and perhaps have a blank space on it where we could write what type of packet/letter ect it is where it's from ect.
That would help the customer and the room of doom.
Also there is not a tick box for 'flat' letters,i always tick letter and write 'flat' by it.
POSTMAN wrote:They should redesign the cards 'again' and perhaps have a blank space on it where we could write what type of packet/letter ect it is where it's from ect.
That would help the customer and the room of doom.
Also there is not a tick box for 'flat' letters,i always tick letter and write 'flat' by it.
There's nothing for small box either or any box for that matter.
Well it's either a packet or a large item?! lol Can't have descriptions for every item we might get in the mail.
Annoys me when they don't tick "tracked" when it's a tracked item so I go looking thru the room with all the parcels in, when the tracked are kept separately. It would help if they also wrote the tracking number on the bottom for the RMT/RD/SD so I can do a track and trace if needed. Sometimes, they're still out on delivery for whatever reason despite saying they can collect it at that time. At least then I'd be able to tell whether it made it back to the office or not.
Aprilaydee wrote:Well it's either a packet or a large item?! lol Can't have descriptions for every item we might get in the mail.
Annoys me when they don't tick "tracked" when it's a tracked item so I go looking thru the room with all the parcels in, when the tracked are kept separately. It would help if they also wrote the tracking number on the bottom for the RMT/RD/SD so I can do a track and trace if needed. Sometimes, they're still out on delivery for whatever reason despite saying they can collect it at that time. At least then I'd be able to tell whether it made it back to the office or not.
Well it's either a packet or a large item?! or a Letter or a Packet
POSTMAN wrote:They should redesign the cards 'again' and perhaps have a blank space on it where we could write what type of packet/letter ect it is where it's from ect.
That would help the customer and the room of doom.
Also there is not a tick box for 'flat' letters,i always tick letter and write 'flat' by it.
see thats where all your times going
i write A4
I can't believe i've never realised it's easier to write 'A4'.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Aprilaydee wrote:Well it's either a packet or a large item?! lol Can't have descriptions for every item we might get in the mail.
Annoys me when they don't tick "tracked" when it's a tracked item so I go looking thru the room with all the parcels in, when the tracked are kept separately. It would help if they also wrote the tracking number on the bottom for the RMT/RD/SD so I can do a track and trace if needed. Sometimes, they're still out on delivery for whatever reason despite saying they can collect it at that time. At least then I'd be able to tell whether it made it back to the office or not.
Well it's either a packet or a large item?! or a Letter or a Packet
Sorry, had a sh*t of a day and forgot to quote where they said about small box etc. If it's small enough for the postie to carry, then I class that as a packet. If it goes on the van, it's a parcel/large item.
I've done a few stints in the callers office and it can be a nightmare if cards aren't filled in properley, the best one I had only had the date on it and nothing else
haveagojoe wrote:I've done a few stints in the callers office and it can be a nightmare if cards aren't filled in properley, the best one I had only had the date on it and nothing else
Yeah ive had those and you have to go back and ask the customer for the address and then you get the cocky reply "well you should know, your Royal mail, and you delivered it"
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
haveagojoe wrote:I've done a few stints in the callers office and it can be a nightmare if cards aren't filled in properley, the best one I had only had the date on it and nothing else
Yeah ive had those and you have to go back and ask the customer for the address and then you get the cocky reply "well you should know, your Royal mail, and you delivered it"
should just reply its not back
when they ask how you know
just say your royal mail and delivered the card
redspartapost wrote:when filling out p739 i try to think of callers office staff as well ,if it is an amazon packet then say so on card or red box with pink ribbon .this makes it so much easier for them to locate the packet quicker
FFS!!! better still why not take a pic of it on your camera phone and then email it to the your delivery office.
Last edited by creedscat on 08 Jul 2010, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
redspartapost wrote:when filling out p739 i try to think of callers office staff as well ,if it is an amazon packet then say so on card or red box with pink ribbon .this makes it so much easier for them to locate the packet quicker
FFS!!! better still why not take a pic of it on your camera phone and staple it to the 739??
well why wouldnt you do that? not your facetious camera comment but fully filling out a P739?
redspartapost wrote:when filling out p739 i try to think of callers office staff as well ,if it is an amazon packet then say so on card or red box with pink ribbon .this makes it so much easier for them to locate the packet quicker
FFS!!! better still why not take a pic of it on your camera phone and staple it to the 739??
well why wouldnt you do that? not your facetious camera comment but fully filling out a P739?
Changed the comment lol. I always fill out the required sections on all 739's as they are meant to be filled out. But people on here drawing pics and writing what colour they are and stating what colour ribbons they are wrapped in is abit extreme dont you think?
redspartapost wrote:when filling out p739 i try to think of callers office staff as well ,if it is an amazon packet then say so on card or red box with pink ribbon .this makes it so much easier for them to locate the packet quicker
FFS!!! better still why not take a pic of it on your camera phone and staple it to the 739??
well why wouldnt you do that? not your facetious camera comment but fully filling out a P739?
Changed the comment lol. I always fill out the required sections on all 739's as they are meant to be filled out. But people on here drawing pics and writing what colour they are and stating what colour ribbons they are wrapped in is abit extreme dont you think?