in order to maintain an average of 2.4miles per hour ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
walk speeds
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: walk speeds
If i have an hct will I be expected to push it at a speed of 4 miles an hour between drops
in order to maintain an average of 2.4miles per hour ?
in order to maintain an average of 2.4miles per hour ?
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: walk speeds
chunk wrote:If i have an hct will I be expected to push it at a speed of 4 miles an hour between drops
in order to maintain an average of 2.4miles per hour ?
No - AFAIK the plotted speed for HCTs on Pegasus/Geo-route is slower than a walking man with a pouch.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: walk speeds
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:chunk wrote:If i have an hct will I be expected to push it at a speed of 4 miles an hour between drops
in order to maintain an average of 2.4miles per hour ?
No - AFAIK the plotted speed for HCTs on Pegasus/Geo-route is slower than a walking man with a pouch.
13.
Question: Are different speeds applied for different methods of delivery?
Answer: Yes there are different speeds for each delivery method according to the type of terrain (flat, steep or undulating) and the activity being performed (travel, service, deadhead). For example, for HCT routes the travel speed on flat terrain is 5.98 kph compared to 6.11 kph for a light weight trolley. Similarly the HCT service speed is 5.53 kph compared to 5.59 kph for a light weight trolley. The service speed is set at a reduced rate to travel to reflect the slower nature of this task.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: walk speeds
Thanks. by the way which doc are we quoting from..
6k is approx 4 miles per hour. traveling
service speed is this the average when delivering?
its only about 10% slower.
6k is approx 4 miles per hour. traveling
service speed is this the average when delivering?
its only about 10% slower.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: walk speeds
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ms#p290297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;chunk wrote:Thanks. by the way which doc are we quoting from..
6k is approx 4 miles per hour. traveling
service speed is this the average when delivering?
its only about 10% slower.
Delivery Revision Comms A-Phase 2-WTLL: How we plan delivery routes.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: walk speeds
The only time I can keep that speed up is on the flat, with an empty bag. Since all my walks are on hills, and my bag is never empty . . .belle smith wrote:Straight4ward wrote: but they do expect you to be walking at 4mph when walking.