Be careful making posts like that, or someone on here will say that they've always found your wife to be more affectionate than any dog.dvbuk55 wrote:My best friend is my dog. He is a Welsh Border Collie, more intelligent than most managers, obeys my every command without question and is more affectionate than my wife. My previous dog was also a Border Collie and was 14 when I had to have him put to sleep quite suddenly.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
And another Saturday night debate?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
-
Pegman
- Posts: 373
- Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Deep South
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
Tried that, but they got a pissed off when I made them beg and roll on their backssmelly_cat_lady wrote:What about this for a RAK.................share the 80p biscuits amongst your colleagues ?
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
100% United, 100% Unofficial
100% United, 100% Unofficial
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
Did they have to lick their ...... to get a bicciePegman wrote:Tried that, but they got a pissed off when I made them beg and roll on their backssmelly_cat_lady wrote:What about this for a RAK.................share the 80p biscuits amongst your colleagues ?
-
smelly_cat_lady
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
- Gender: Female
- Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
oh dear!............what have I started?!
Seems funny how some people are willing to spend 80p a week to ensure the christmas tip bag fills up but wouldn't share their biccies with their colleagues, even if they do roll over, sit! play dead! etc. Funny that..........anyway, what sort of dog eats Rich Tea? (I may regret asking that question)
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
Strangely I had a chance to put the old dog biscuit routine to the test today.
I approached a house where I could see the owner kneeling down weeding a flower bed so I approached with a “morning” when from around a hedge comes her dog bounding up barking. Well I know not to run so I stood there bringing my pouch in front of me. Fortunately she controlled the dog and apologised.
I gave her the mail and the dog has still eyeing me with mischief. So I said to her “would he like a chewy stick ?” , “yes I expect so” she replied so I got one from my pocket and told the dog to sit. Well the reaction was instant as his arse hit the deck and he even gave me his paw. So we all went away happy for the sake of a penny treat.
Now iam not saying this will work every time and if the dog really wants to have a go it will but it breaks the cycle of events and some dogs then forget they were about to try and bite you.
I buy a pack of chew sticks from Wilkinsons at about a £1 a go. I snap them in half to fit in the shirt pocket and a pack will normally last 3 months, well depending how many my own dog blags off me when I come home.
I approached a house where I could see the owner kneeling down weeding a flower bed so I approached with a “morning” when from around a hedge comes her dog bounding up barking. Well I know not to run so I stood there bringing my pouch in front of me. Fortunately she controlled the dog and apologised.
I gave her the mail and the dog has still eyeing me with mischief. So I said to her “would he like a chewy stick ?” , “yes I expect so” she replied so I got one from my pocket and told the dog to sit. Well the reaction was instant as his arse hit the deck and he even gave me his paw. So we all went away happy for the sake of a penny treat.
Now iam not saying this will work every time and if the dog really wants to have a go it will but it breaks the cycle of events and some dogs then forget they were about to try and bite you.
I buy a pack of chew sticks from Wilkinsons at about a £1 a go. I snap them in half to fit in the shirt pocket and a pack will normally last 3 months, well depending how many my own dog blags off me when I come home.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
It's true you just cannot be too nice to a dog.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike.krussel wrote:Strangely I had a chance to put the old dog biscuit routine to the test today.![]()
I approached a house where I could see the owner kneeling down weeding a flower bed so I approached with a “morning” when from around a hedge comes her dog bounding up barking. Well I know not to run so I stood there bringing my pouch in front of me. Fortunately she controlled the dog and apologised.![]()
I gave her the mail and the dog has still eyeing me with mischief. So I said to her “would he like a chewy stick ?” , “yes I expect so” she replied so I got one from my pocket and told the dog to sit. Well the reaction was instant as his arse hit the deck and he even gave me his paw. So we all went away happy for the sake of a penny treat.
Now iam not saying this will work every time and if the dog really wants to have a go it will but it breaks the cycle of events and some dogs then forget they were about to try and bite you.![]()
I buy a pack of chew sticks from Wilkinsons at about a £1 a go. I snap them in half to fit in the shirt pocket and a pack will normally last 3 months, well depending how many my own dog blags off me when I come home.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
Lounge Lizard wrote:And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
FFS you'd be lucky not to end up on the sex offenders registerkrussel wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike.![]()
![]()
Your joking on my delivery you would need to throw £20's to get one's attention
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
DGP1 wrote:FFS you'd be lucky not to end up on the sex offenders registerkrussel wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike.![]()
![]()
Your joking on my delivery you would need to throw £20's to get one's attention
giving kids £20's where I deliver
![]()
and the magistrate warned me last time about my future conduct
![]()
I thought they threw that out after you paid them off
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
Yes he was on his knees for quite a time - they were quite taken with his oral pleaskrussel wrote:DGP1 wrote:FFS you'd be lucky not to end up on the sex offenders registerkrussel wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike.![]()
![]()
Your joking on my delivery you would need to throw £20's to get one's attention
giving kids £20's where I deliver
![]()
and the magistrate warned me last time about my future conduct
![]()
I thought they threw that out after you paid them off
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
We're all going to the naughty room
I'd like to welcome all those new members and I expect more to join us in the future 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
The naughty roomDGP1 wrote:We're all going to the naughty room![]()
I'd like to welcome all those new members and I expect more to join us in the future
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
DGP1 wrote:We're all going to the naughty room![]()
I'd like to welcome all those new members and I expect more to join us in the future
Ive heard it smells a bit funny in there
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: And another Saturday night debate?
That would be the dead clownskrussel wrote:DGP1 wrote:We're all going to the naughty room![]()
I'd like to welcome all those new members and I expect more to join us in the future
Ive heard it smells a bit funny in there
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio