ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driving assessment thing?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SF
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
Gender: Male
Location: Midlands.

Re: Driving assessment thing?

Post by SF »

You done very well to go out and pass in one of those if you have never driven one before.
To be fair I think i would probably have had to ran over a class of school children to fail.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Driving assessment thing?

Post by fishtank »

SF wrote:
You done very well to go out and pass in one of those if you have never driven one before.
To be fair I think i would probably have had to ran over a class of school children to fail.
No you would only have failed if you had stopped before you hit them as it would have been flagged up as a harsh braking incident on your vans telemetry. :shock: :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Driving assessment thing?

Post by General Mannerheim »

So what happends if you DO fail this assessment?
Do they make you do it again? :whistle
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Driving assessment thing?

Post by OnAFlyer »

General Mannerheim wrote:So what happends if you DO fail this assessment?
Do they make you do it again? :whistle
If you fail then you're not safe to be on the roads in the first place. It's not a driving test where you can fail for crossing your arms etc, it's a short drive around and a couple of maneouvres that a one armed blind man could do.
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: Driving assessment thing?

Post by bigcol »

OnAFlyer wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:So what happends if you DO fail this assessment?
Do they make you do it again? :whistle
If you fail then you're not safe to be on the roads in the first place. It's not a driving test where you can fail for crossing your arms etc, it's a short drive around and a couple of maneouvres that a one armed blind man could do.
One person actually failed in our office; the only one ever I believe. :crazy:
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Driving assessment thing?

Post by arty_morty »

I don't know if you've had the test yet but as a word of encouragement I had mine yesterday. I had the worlds oldest sherpa with the worlds worst gearbox but did fine.

The test is really just to see if you're safe and is very relaxed. The assessor (an AA instructor) and I just chatted the whole way round and before I knew it we were done.

Good luck, just drive normally and you'll be fine.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Driving assessment thing?

Post by not me »

bigcol wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:So what happends if you DO fail this assessment?
Do they make you do it again? :whistle
If you fail then you're not safe to be on the roads in the first place. It's not a driving test where you can fail for crossing your arms etc, it's a short drive around and a couple of maneouvres that a one armed blind man could do.
One person actually failed in our office; the only one ever I believe. :crazy:

one failed in ours too. driving a nice brand new pug hire van :crazy:
so easy to drive its unbelievable but he did it
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Driving assessment thing?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

arty_morty wrote:I don't know if you've had the test yet but as a word of encouragement I had mine yesterday. I had the worlds oldest sherpa with the worlds worst gearbox but did fine.

The test is really just to see if you're safe and is very relaxed. The assessor (an AA instructor) and I just chatted the whole way round and before I knew it we were done.

Good luck, just drive normally and you'll be fine.
Yes, give the nice AA man the appropriate handshake as you get into the van and you'll be fine. :nana :nana :nana :nana
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Driving assessment thing?

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
arty_morty wrote:I don't know if you've had the test yet but as a word of encouragement I had mine yesterday. I had the worlds oldest sherpa with the worlds worst gearbox but did fine.

The test is really just to see if you're safe and is very relaxed. The assessor (an AA instructor) and I just chatted the whole way round and before I knew it we were done.

Good luck, just drive normally and you'll be fine.
Yes, give the nice AA man the appropriate handshake as you get into the van and you'll be fine. :nana :nana :nana :nana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1bHBthJN9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio