Big Daz wrote:My D.O would fall apart without day off working,although it wouldnt mean more FT as our problem is sick leave.
When sick leave goes down so does day off working then some members will moan that thay havent been asked to work their day off for a whilst not realising that sick leave levels are the trigger.
If people did not/refused to work their day off, who would do it?
RM Casuals and OPG's from other D.O's would be the method of coverage I would expect.
What is all this nonsense about "days off". I do not believe there is any such thing in Royal Mail. Full-timer or part-timer, there are days when you work for RM and get paid for it and then there are days when you do not work for them and receive no pay. A "day off" is a day when you do not go to work but still get paid for it. Viewed from the correct perspective, it then becomes obvious that RM have no call on its employees either outside of working days or contract working hours. "Cutting off" is a similarly misused term. When you reach the end of your duty time and have not finished your delivery then you are supposed to obtain the permission of your line manager or DOM before you work over and, of course, he would then agree to pay you for the overtime as well. It's all in the rule book. Sadly, when a FT day is eight hours (one fifth of the 40hr week - what happened to the 39hr one?) and a PT's less than 6hrs, then IPS apart, the part-timer has less flex in his working day.
cyclesareus wrote:What is all this nonsense about "days off". I do not believe there is any such thing in Royal Mail. Full-timer or part-timer, there are days when you work for RM and get paid for it and then there are days when you do not work for them and receive no pay. A "day off" is a day when you do not go to work but still get paid for it. Viewed from the correct perspective, it then becomes obvious that RM have no call on its employees either outside of working days or contract working hours. "Cutting off" is a similarly misused term. When you reach the end of your duty time and have not finished your delivery then you are supposed to obtain the permission of your line manager or DOM before you work over and, of course, he would then agree to pay you for the overtime as well. It's all in the rule book. Sadly, when a FT day is eight hours (one fifth of the 40hr week - what happened to the 39hr one?) and a PT's less than 6hrs, then IPS apart, the part-timer has less flex in his working day.
You do not get paid for your day off unless you work it. Your post has a few contradictions.
For example a part timer who does 25 hours will do them over five days at five hours a day. That leaves an unpaid Sunday and an unpaid day off (5x5=25)
Royal Mail do not own me on these days and do not pay me.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
Pat Ostman wrote:
You do not get paid for your day off unless you work it. Your post has a few contradictions.
For example a part timer who does 25 hours will do them over five days at five hours a day. That leaves an unpaid Sunday and an unpaid day off (5x5=25)
Royal Mail do not own me on these days and do not pay me.
But Royal Mail seem to think they do own you and this extends to them expecting you to work over and not "cut off".
Pat Ostman wrote:
You do not get paid for your day off unless you work it. Your post has a few contradictions.
For example a part timer who does 25 hours will do them over five days at five hours a day. That leaves an unpaid Sunday and an unpaid day off (5x5=25)
Royal Mail do not own me on these days and do not pay me.
But Royal Mail seem to think they do own you and this extends to them expecting you to work over and not "cut off".
Correct but they can think what they like
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
Now someone is looking for legal advice. If your on here could I advise you that as you have not presented all the facts in your question, any advice you do receive will be useless as its based on partial information.
I am a part time postman. Part of my duties are delivery of door to door items. As part of the recent agreement between Royal Mail and CWU there is a flat rate payment for these. As a part time employee I get paid a pro rata amount, despite the fact that I deliver the same amount as a full timer.
Beacause this is nationally agreed with the union, do I have a cause for a grievance? thank you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
We're all getting ROBBED on a weekly basis now...! It wasn't that long ago we were being told that we were Under-Worked & Overpayed, now that this has been reversed will RM be forthcoming in correcting the issue, i think not!!!
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Now someone is looking for legal advice. If your on here could I advise you that as you have not presented all the facts in your question, any advice you do receive will be useless as its based on partial information.
I am a part time postman. Part of my duties are delivery of door to door items. As part of the recent agreement between Royal Mail and CWU there is a flat rate payment for these. As a part time employee I get paid a pro rata amount, despite the fact that I deliver the same amount as a full timer.
Beacause this is nationally agreed with the union, do I have a cause for a grievance? thank you.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Now someone is looking for legal advice. If your on here could I advise you that as you have not presented all the facts in your question, any advice you do receive will be useless as its based on partial information.
I am a part time postman. Part of my duties are delivery of door to door items. As part of the recent agreement between Royal Mail and CWU there is a flat rate payment for these. As a part time employee I get paid a pro rata amount, despite the fact that I deliver the same amount as a full timer.
Beacause this is nationally agreed with the union, do I have a cause for a grievance? thank you.
DTD payment
Wheres me money then for DTD
I got that in my google alerts (how the hell did that happen if it's a forum) anyway,was chomping at the bit to reply Daz but couldn't be arsed to register.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
cyclesareus wrote:What is all this nonsense about "days off". I do not believe there is any such thing in Royal Mail. Full-timer or part-timer, there are days when you work for RM and get paid for it and then there are days when you do not work for them and receive no pay. A "day off" is a day when you do not go to work but still get paid for it. Viewed from the correct perspective, it then becomes obvious that RM have no call on its employees either outside of working days or contract working hours. "Cutting off" is a similarly misused term. When you reach the end of your duty time and have not finished your delivery then you are supposed to obtain the permission of your line manager or DOM before you work over and, of course, he would then agree to pay you for the overtime as well. It's all in the rule book. Sadly, when a FT day is eight hours (one fifth of the 40hr week - what happened to the 39hr one?) and a PT's less than 6hrs, then IPS apart, the part-timer has less flex in his working day.
So what about when you're off on the sick lets say a week or a fortnight - RM mark you as being off for a full 7 days or 14 days, which means they're counting a Sunday as a sick day - Surely this can be legitimate??? So if you're on the sick then RM think they own you on a Sunday..!
Also when you're on Holiday you lose you Day~Off - I personally think we should be re-embursed our Days Off when we're on Holiday... It would be nice to get something nice in return for working hard all year round.
I don't want to set anyone off, but could someone please clarify the Delivery supplement for me. I am a pro driver based in a DO nightshift driving. Could anyone clarify if supplement is due. Thanks
neale wrote: I don't want to set anyone off, but could someone please clarify the Delivery supplement for me. I am a pro driver based in a DO nightshift driving. Could anyone clarify if supplement is due. Thanks
If you are 'tagged' to a DO then yes as per aggrement you should get it,it's not right you do but you should.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
neale wrote: I don't want to set anyone off, but could someone please clarify the Delivery supplement for me. I am a pro driver based in a DO nightshift driving. Could anyone clarify if supplement is due. Thanks
If you are 'tagged' to a DO then yes as per aggrement you should get it,it's not right you do but you should.
OR you may fall into that nebulous group that RM have "revisited" since the original agreement and who will NOT now get the Delivery Supplement - although I do believe according to a well known pundit on here "they are still discussing it" - my advice would be, don't spend the dosh just yet, the talking can be interminable - you aren't retiring in the next twenty years by chance