ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

high vis vests

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: high vis vests

Post by TeeferTiger »

krussel wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:AFAIK we only have to wear them when we are out on the loading bay at the DO. I certinaly don't wear mine when I'm walking round in this weather, unless it starts pissing down with rain.

This is pretty much what i do. I also wear mine driving the van out to the delivery and for the first couple of roads as there is no foot paths. Its way too hot to wear them all the way round so i'd take a chance on that.
When IB came around to check on the guys in the vans while out on delivery (mail in front etc) one thing on their check list was whether they were wearing a hi viz vest. I was also told that they were to be worn at all times while on driving duty.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: high vis vests

Post by chunk »

Drivers exiting there vans will often by necessity be in the road.
I think thats why they and cyclists will be targeted on his point.
i dont think walking postman would be challenged
though stranger things have happened.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: high vis vests

Post by Straight4ward »

Bedfordrl wrote;
High Viz's are discriminatory for people of small stature and an embarrassment for me !!.

Now it is a top shelf magazine I have to rummage through the porn on tiptoes
LOL! Brilliant!

We want Viz for midgets too.
Also I'm not familiar with "Porn on Tiptoes", perhaps DGP could enlighten us about this particular predilection?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: high vis vests

Post by fishtank »

Straight4ward wrote: Also I'm not familiar with "Porn on Tiptoes", perhaps DGP could enlighten us about this particular predilection?

Perhaps some kind of "ballet dancer" related material. :nervous


Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: high vis vests

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
Straight4ward wrote: Also I'm not familiar with "Porn on Tiptoes", perhaps DGP could enlighten us about this particular predilection?

Perhaps some kind of "ballet dancer" related material. :nervous


Image
I told you not to put my picture online :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: high vis vests

Post by Straight4ward »

That would be the Nutcracker I guess?

Thanks for your help, guys. I knew you'd have the answer.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."