ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

£20.60 not in our wages

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pegman
Posts: 373
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
Gender: Male
Location: The Deep South

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by Pegman »

banner18 wrote: The crux of the whole matter is that the supplement is not for D2D and people keep looking at it like that. The supplement is the old D2D money being protected and divided out fairly, dependent on the hours you work.
how is it fair that a P timer with 600 delivery points gets less than a Ftimer with 400 !!

The pro rata part basically means it's an increase in hourly rate over and above the %increases awarded, In doing this RM are asserting the fact that you are paid by the hour, not the number of houses you deliver do.
Most peoples beef in our office is that the walk revisions haven't been done before the supplement was implemented, and I would suspect that while people are still comin g back early, running around etc, managers will have no reason to implement these revisons.

On another point no-one can convince me that pushing a york around full of D2D's is worth the same amount as delivering the bloody things, but hey I'm not bitter.
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

100% United, 100% Unofficial
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by TeeferTiger »

Pegman wrote:
banner18 wrote: The crux of the whole matter is that the supplement is not for D2D and people keep looking at it like that. The supplement is the old D2D money being protected and divided out fairly, dependent on the hours you work.
how is it fair that a P timer with 600 delivery points gets less than a Ftimer with 400 !!

The pro rata part basically means it's an increase in hourly rate over and above the %increases awarded, In doing this RM are asserting the fact that you are paid by the hour, not the number of houses you deliver do.
Most peoples beef in our office is that the walk revisions haven't been done before the supplement was implemented, and I would suspect that while people are still comin g back early, running around etc, managers will have no reason to implement these revisons.

On another point no-one can convince me that pushing a york around full of D2D's is worth the same amount as delivering the bloody things, but hey I'm not bitter.
It's a shame that we can't afford to do an overtime "ban". They take us p/t for granted that we'll always flex up. Unfortunately, they have us over a barrel because we NEED the overtime to live on given the low contracts they dish out nowadays.

As I've said before, it doesn't really affect me too much at the moment as I'm only doing a p/t duty on p/t hours. However, there's someone in my office who is being asked to flex up for the next year to cover maternity leave and they've been completely done over. Lower contract than I'm on, gets paid less allowance than the person on the frame next to her, doing the same hours.

Pro rata payments suck donkey testicles.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by not me »

Aprilaydee wrote:
Pegman wrote:
banner18 wrote: The crux of the whole matter is that the supplement is not for D2D and people keep looking at it like that. The supplement is the old D2D money being protected and divided out fairly, dependent on the hours you work.
how is it fair that a P timer with 600 delivery points gets less than a Ftimer with 400 !!

The pro rata part basically means it's an increase in hourly rate over and above the %increases awarded, In doing this RM are asserting the fact that you are paid by the hour, not the number of houses you deliver do.
Most peoples beef in our office is that the walk revisions haven't been done before the supplement was implemented, and I would suspect that while people are still comin g back early, running around etc, managers will have no reason to implement these revisons.

On another point no-one can convince me that pushing a york around full of D2D's is worth the same amount as delivering the bloody things, but hey I'm not bitter.

It's a shame that we can't afford to do an overtime "ban"
. They take us p/t for granted that we'll always flex up. Unfortunately, they have us over a barrel because we NEED the overtime to live on given the low contracts they dish out nowadays.

As I've said before, it doesn't really affect me too much at the moment as I'm only doing a p/t duty on p/t hours. However, there's someone in my office who is being asked to flex up for the next year to cover maternity leave and they've been completely done over. Lower contract than I'm on, gets paid less allowance than the person on the frame next to her, doing the same hours.

Pro rata payments suck donkey testicles.
even if you took part in an OT ban,theres too many with a short term me me me view who would lap up any OT going
a national OT ban/do the job properly would really show RM what staff they needed
long term duties would have to be cut/staff levels increased
but no,not enough people can see this
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by Darren Bent »

gb93 wrote:
AnotherLimey wrote:So you want the £21.20 machine supplement and the £20.60 delivery?

I work delivery and now get the £20.60 (a wage drop of around £15) do you think i should get the machine £21.20 as well even though i never go near one?
:Applause :Applause :Applause
I think we should do as well as we are doing the machine work in IPS. :cuppa
DemonPostie
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by DemonPostie »

Aprilaydee wrote:I think it's because they weren't ready for it but had to bring it in because of payroll didn't they?

I've not had a sheet for next week but I overheard something about 4 D2Ds for next week AND they're not in one envelope, which is what the paperwork about the agreement we have in the office says...

Past caring now.
As I said in another thread...

No, that ain't going to happen, for two big reasons.

First off, advertisers won't go for it. If you are spending thousands on a leaflet campaign, you would refuse to allow your leaflet to be shoved in an envalope with a bunch of others. In the same way that we are not supposed to fold D2D's toegether, or put one "inside" another (though I suspect most of us do anyway...)

Secondly, why WOULD they? We've already agreed to deliver as many as they want to make us, with no extra cash for volume/weight. We've already agreed to prep them (although no extra time seems to be given...), there's no mention of bundling them together in the new agreement, it was only a suggestion, that they MIGHT do. Why would they spend the extra money on machines to prep them for us, when we've already agreed to do it ourselves?

But it's a moot point, as the advertisers will never go for it...

RM said they would investigate the possibility of putting them together in one envelope. I'd imagine the investigation isn't going to lose them any sleep...
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by TeeferTiger »

I said that at the time that why would the advertisers agree to having them put inside an envelope but was told "that's what the paperwork says!" so that's what I was led to understand.

And not all of us agreed to it unfortunately :sad:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
NWpostie
Posts: 3623
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: £20.60 not in our wages

Post by NWpostie »

I haven't get £20.60 in my wages, I'm on MTSF and the only difference I have noticed is £8.13 increase on old MTSF pay.

I have just checked today, I was away on holiday prior to implementation and found that I am diffied on some money.

I am a delivery postie so should get the full £20.60.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.