ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Understanding the level of change

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by Big Daz »

Is the workload availble then for all PT to go FT :hmmmm

Certainly isnt in my D.O :neutral:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by dvbuk55 »

Big Daz wrote:Is the workload availble then for all PT to go FT :hmmmm

Certainly isnt in my D.O :neutral:
Well the trick is you go down to a 10 hour 4 day week and a 2.45 delivery span and suddenly you have enough work to keep the FT work, course your manager may need some convincing that's the way to go.............................but it seems to work for some.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by POSTMAN »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Big Daz wrote:Is the workload availble then for all PT to go FT :hmmmm

Certainly isnt in my D.O :neutral:
Well the trick is you go down to a 10 hour 4 day week and a 2.45 delivery span and suddenly you have enough work to keep the FT work, course your manager may need some convincing that's the way to go.............................but it seems to work for some.

Of course if those outside the M25 used their brains with P&M,they they could of had it also eh?

Do you copy/paste that btw?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Big Daz wrote:Is the workload availble then for all PT to go FT :hmmmm

Certainly isnt in my D.O :neutral:
Well the trick is you go down to a 10 hour 4 day week and a 2.45 delivery span and suddenly you have enough work to keep the FT work, course your manager may need some convincing that's the way to go.............................but it seems to work for some.

Of course if those outside the M25 used their brains with P&M,they they could of had it also eh?

Do you copy/paste that btw?
Actually yes I do - I have your original post on my desktop and just whizz it in whenever it fits. Still waiting for a response as to what it is you do for the other 7hrs 15 mins. If you could share the the brainpower we lesser mortals would be so grateful. Where's the M25 btw?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by POSTMAN »

dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Big Daz wrote:Is the workload availble then for all PT to go FT :hmmmm

Certainly isnt in my D.O :neutral:
Well the trick is you go down to a 10 hour 4 day week and a 2.45 delivery span and suddenly you have enough work to keep the FT work, course your manager may need some convincing that's the way to go.............................but it seems to work for some.

Of course if those outside the M25 used their brains with P&M,they they could of had it also eh?

Do you copy/paste that btw?
Actually yes I do - I have your original post on my desktop and just whizz it in whenever it fits. Still waiting for a response as to what it is you do for the other 7hrs 15 mins. If you could share the the brainpower we lesser mortals would be so grateful. Where's the M25 btw?
I'm sure i've mentioned it,have to be careful obviously,but some or all of it is below...
To get it some offices.... absorbing more indoor work,more part timers have arrived,fixed mon/tue rest days(absorb IPS and prep),some of the office on a part 5 day week to compensate,and 4hr walks.

Like i might of said as well it's with THEIR figures.
Where's the M25 btw?
Just past Watford,if you should see the roads glistening then you know you're there. :wink:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:Where's the M25 btw?
Just past Watford,if you should see the roads glistening then you know you're there. :wink:[/quote]

As for the other 7 and a quarter hours Pmn, I was hoping for something a little more exotic, 25 minutes in a massage parlour, 20 minutes in the Bookies, an hour and a quarter in the local pie and eel shop - you know the script pmn.....................as for the glistening pavement, chip a bit off and send it to your lesser bretheren in the north.................it's a helluva job buying flat caps, whippets and black pudding with tarmac I can tell you. :angel
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by andy2007 »

Isn't the M25 a big circular car park around London? :chuckle :chuckle
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by REDLETTER »

So if we follow the TNT model and every FT becomes PT, 25 hours, I will be KING on a 30 hour contract :wink:

Can't see them trying to get me to buy down 5 hours......... :whistle

or perhaps they'll just boot me out with the rest of the "No compulsory redundancies" :crazy: that has been negotiated for us!
belle smith
Posts: 1557
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 17:41
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by belle smith »

dingo wrote:These are some of the reason why the union has agreed the option of a longer span , it is an option. That is why the union has agreed door to door into workload to plug the gap on the loss of work to mech and that is why the union should be given credit for maintaining the percentage of full time jobs and improving attendances when most other postal adminstrations have adopted automation and in one fair swoop gone to mainly a part time industry.

This agreement will be measured not on the here and now but when the sequencing plan has been fully introduced.
And so will this union, and i don't see that they deserve any credit what so ever for a pay cut, longer delivery spans, agreeing RM performance standards and doing our employers PR

disgusted union member!
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by BELIAL »

I'd just like to do the job I was hired for. I've got no interest in mega profits or management bonuses, I'd just like folks to get their mail at the right time. It would be nice if my Knees still worked at the end of my period of employment ,and I would be dead chuffed if my wages just kept pace with inflation and my pension that I was promised didn't get syphoned off by some faceless administrator :roll: :chuckle
Bye
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by baldrick »

dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Where's the M25 btw?
Just past Watford,if you should see the roads glistening then you know you're there. :wink:
....................as for the glistening pavement, chip a bit off and send it to your lesser bretheren in the north.................it's a helluva job buying flat caps, whippets and black pudding with tarmac I can tell you. :angel[/quote]

Oh Mary, this London's a wonderful sight, with people all working by day and by night.
They don't grow potatoes, nor barley, nor wheat, but there's gangs of them digging for gold in the street.
At least when I asked them that's what I was told, so I just tried my hand at this digging for gold.
But for all that I found there I might as well be where the Mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea. :Boo hoo!
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by brothermagrew »

baldrick wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Where's the M25 btw?
Just past Watford,if you should see the roads glistening then you know you're there. :wink:
....................as for the glistening pavement, chip a bit off and send it to your lesser bretheren in the north.................it's a helluva job buying flat caps, whippets and black pudding with tarmac I can tell you. :angel
Oh Mary, this London's a wonderful sight, with people all working by day and by night.
They don't grow potatoes, nor barley, nor wheat, but there's gangs of them digging for gold in the street.
At least when I asked them that's what I was told, so I just tried my hand at this digging for gold.
But for all that I found there I might as well be where the Mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea. :Boo hoo![/quote]

Brother baldrick,

I believe that when writing a wish you expressed, as to how the fine ladies in London were dressed. :Boo hoo!

A lovely song :Very Happy
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by dvbuk55 »

brothermagrew wrote:
baldrick wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Where's the M25 btw?
Just past Watford,if you should see the roads glistening then you know you're there. :wink:
....................as for the glistening pavement, chip a bit off and send it to your lesser bretheren in the north.................it's a helluva job buying flat caps, whippets and black pudding with tarmac I can tell you. :angel
Oh Mary, this London's a wonderful sight, with people all working by day and by night.
They don't grow potatoes, nor barley, nor wheat, but there's gangs of them digging for gold in the street.
At least when I asked them that's what I was told, so I just tried my hand at this digging for gold.
But for all that I found there I might as well be where the Mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea. :Boo hoo!
Brother baldrick,

I believe that when writing a wish you expressed, as to how the fine ladies in London were dressed. :Boo hoo!

A lovely song :Very Happy[/quote]

I would second that sentiment brother, I have heard of the Mountains of Mourne, and I may well have been there but I have never heard that song - I listened to Don Maclean singing it and was impressed by the lyric - very good - I'll listen to it again. Ta
gazzariah
Posts: 126
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 13:20
Gender: Male

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by gazzariah »

dvbuk55 wrote:How are they going to maintain full time jobs?

How are they going to police the 75/25 split, which in any case is pie in the sky, if the the workload doesn't justify it then you cannot possibly defend maintaining it, you cannot now so what is going to change that will alter the part time scenario?

One hour off the working week is a start but it is too little and too late.
d pu

more newfaces on pt hours arriving in our office no fulltime upgrades no area rep no explanation no hope. shame on you cwu
for your piss poor handling and allowing rm to go into a feeding frenzy of bullying intimidation and perish the thought if you think rm will play the english game and honour any ageements
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: Understanding the level of change

Post by Martin Walsh »

The National ratio of 75 /25 will be reviewed every quater against all the offices which have been deployed to ensure it is being maintained. Already they have been reports in the North east that they have increased full time jobs all be it they do start from the postion of having the most.

whereas in London the revisons which were put in under the interim agreement have seen an increase in part timers.

But the important thing is if the delivery span is increasing in your office then either the part timer has to increase their hours or they work less days.

Now lets be honest their are a lot of part timers who now work on a common basis almost full time hours where during the revison process there is a real opportunity to make up some part timers on a permerant basis.

Bell the delivery span will be decided by the amount of mail you have on the second wave of sequencing and what batch your work is in and what time it is due in your office.

If you have your second wave in at 8.30 then yes by the time you have thrown off that amount you may be able to have a longer span providing you have delivery methods.

If you recieve your second batch at 10 then by the time your sequencing it , done your dead redirections etc then the chances it will be after 11 before you go out and with travelling time , replishment etc then the chances are that you will be doing a 3.5 hour span .

It will be driven by when your walk has its second wave of sequencing. Its no point in having a longer span in year 1 on a non walk sequecing revision when the walk sequencing revision wont allow you to keep that span.