BELIAL wrote:fishtank wrote:motherhubbard wrote:What is it going to achieve? - apart from giving you a sense of moral superiority
Why must everything come with an achievement?
Can't you do something because you feel it is right?
I just don't understand some peoples craving for an end result.

This one I don't get.
Every action has an effect\result\achievement whatever the motivation behind it.
So far the end result of our recent union action\inaction is for me ,a wage cut and a shrinking pension. Personally speaking I'm quite keen about working to achieve a better end result but, if you think letting our present leadership have even more freedom to negotiate away your terms is a good idea ,then I can't understand why you are so vocal in your criticism.
Exactly.
We were all expecting the CWU to at least protect our existing terms.
Sure D2D into workload and 6 items would be fine IF we got fair rewards for the effort.
Now Bob Gibson seems to think the system is fair. How is this?
He says the all cash from d2d is still used to pay the supplement but its not a d2d supplement. Go figure!
So in effect, Bobs twisted logic means I and thousands of others are supplementing the income of people that may have less work on their hands.
Why issue a pay cut to some and a pay rise to others even though some are doing more work.
The old system was fair as you get paid for what you do. D2D 'supplemented' your income.
If this is not the case then why the hell do we recieve £20.60p a week at all?
Basically Royal Mail told CWU it was all going to happen anyway with or without them and the union shat themselves. Either this or they were bribed with a cash bung.
If not then make the minutes of the negotiations public so we can see for ourselves ecactly what went on and exactly what was said.